X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

221 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      So are the rumors true that we're all going to gather around the stage, join hands, and sing folk songs while Amanda accompanies us on her guitar?

No?!?

Awww hell, I really need to stop listening to those voices in my head. They are always trying to embarrass me.
      *Hands over double measure of meds*
      sigpic

Comment

220 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

"A clean house is a sign of a broken computer". (Sig on Dipsofjazz' last post)

(Mumsey looks around her abode) Yep! Sounds about right to me!

Mumsey
          Who made the mistake of switching on hers before attending to her chores.
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG

Mumsey
            LOL! I look at all the dust collecting, but never seem to find the time to actually do anything about getting rid of it. As to hoovering......
            sigpic

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one *stares around at the chaos*
              Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

CALL FOR SIGNATURES

!!! REMINDER !!!

SAMANDAN THANK YOU CARD

Hiya Ladies and Gents,

The time has come for me to send out my monthly reminder. I'll do this every month until about October.

For those of you who don't (already) know, I've been working on a little GABIT - AT2 project. It has been approved by the awesome G4 GABIT crew (back in February), and is essentially a "Thank You" card to Amanda, for ten years of Sam Carter - from SAmandans everywhere - but truly, from all of Amanda Tapping's internet fans.

Here's the plan.

Some of you may or may not be aware that I occasionally produce sketches when inspired. I wouldn't call myself a sketch-artist per se, but I like to draw people and places that move me. The plan is to professionally print a poster-sized comic-book (esque) sketch of Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter (which I've already drawn), decked out in full SG-1 gear - around which we'd would love to have a whole bunch of signatures, accompanied by a small note of affection and/or encouragement for Amanda from her fans.

Amanda always signs autographs for her fans, I thought it'd be super cool to give her something signed by all of us for a change.

ChopinGal/Jester has generously agreed to write a simple poetic thank you phrase for the poster as well. This is something we hope Amanda might want to keep, and something that would remind her of how much we've all loved watching her play Sam Carter for the past decade.

We've recently been given the green light by the generous G4 to present the poster to Amanda during the AT2 GABIT even itself.

So... how will all the fan signatures end up on the actual poster, you may ask??

Good question!

Originally posted by HOW DO I DO THIS?
                Preferably, signatures will appear exactly as they were written.

1. Choose your message.

2. Choose your pen color (mind you don't use a giant marker, I won't be able to give anyone more than about 350 pixels width so use a pen if you can).

3. Sign a WHITE PIECE OF PAPER as though you were signing a group birthday card.

4. Have your paper SCANNED into the computer as an image.
                a) Save it as a JPG/TIF/BMP
                b) Set the DPI at 300

If you don't know how, you can have it done at your local copy-centre (KINKOS etc), it won't cost more than a dollar or two at most. Or ask a friend! It's REALLY EASY so please don't feel intimidated. If you're worried or unsure, just PM me and I'll help however I can. There's no technical skill required. So no one needs to be left out.

Remember, you've got as much space as indicated in the example image below. 250 characters or less

When you're done you just email the attached file to:

FanSigsForAT (at ) gmail.com
                Use the subject header "SIGNATURE FOR AT"

That's it!

We've got some time to do this so don't panic. The poster will be presented to Amanda in November of 2006 at the GABIT AT2 event. So you can think about what you want to say (and how to say it in 250 characters or less!).

Obviously these are going to be read before I put them on the poster and I'll censor out rude, crude, personal or otherwise inappropriate comments - which won't even be an issue since I've never even heard of a rude, crude or otherwise inappropriate comment from an AT fan! In general, my recommendation would be to keep the message light and happy.

All goes well, we should have a really great original kind of "Thank You" card for Amanda. Something with a personal touch from as many of her online fans as wish to participate.

Thanks guys so much for all your help in advance... spread the word if you can. Wherever you know there are fans of Amanda.

Love and hugs to you all !!

Cheers,
                minigeek

________

Older Reference Materials:

1. The Project - A SAMANDAn Thank You Card:
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4927002#post4927002
                (which now has a green light, so ignore the parts about asking)

2. Need HELP to get your signature scanned??
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?p=4928852#post4928852

3. The Deadline for Submissions - October 2006 (TBD).

________

-
                Last edited by minigeek; 10 April 2006, 07:50 AM.

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG

Mumsey
                  Will wonders never cease; I actually hoovered after turning on the computer today.

Of course I still haven't seen the cat yet and I have been done for hours now.

And I haven't even been off work for four months.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                    Will wonders never cease; I actually hoovered after turning on the computer today.

Of course I still haven't seen the cat yet and I have been done for hours now.

And I haven't even been off work for four months.
                    I think you'd better empty the hoover bag quickly, as I'm sure I hear her!

*Remember I am off work through injury, therefore I've lost the ability to hoover! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!*
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      I think you'd better empty the hoover bag quickly, as I'm sure I hear her!

*Remember I am off work through injury, therefore I've lost the ability to hoover! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!*
                      LOL! She came out, she is not in the hoover bag. She is back under the bed again, but she did come out.

That won't wash, you told me you hoovered last week when you saw that big dust ball down the hall.

To be on topic; are you planning to hoover at least once before Gabit?
                      sigpic

Comment

Well. I've hoovered the whole of twice since I moved in. Was going to do it today then went "meh". As for washing my car... I haven't washed her since I got her
                        Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                          LOL! She came out, she is not in the hoover bag. She is back under the bed again, but she did come out.

That won't wash, you told me you hoovered last week when you saw that big dust ball down the hall.

To be on topic; are you planning to hoover at least once before Gabit?
                          Phew! I'm glad the cat's okay. You had me worried for a moment.

The hoovering was a moment of temporary madness, although I may hoover before Gabit!

Is it November yet?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                            Well. I've hoovered the whole of twice since I moved in. Was going to do it today then went "meh". As for washing my car... I haven't washed her since I got her
                            You people are truly starting to frighten me.

Comment

2 charmed tickets for GABIT 2 for sale.
                              On fighting:
                              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                You people are truly starting to frighten me.
                                C'mere. You've met us before and know we're harmless.....well, except for Kliggy!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X