GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG
    Ooooo! She's throwing her toys out of the pram! It'll be the screaming habdabs next!

Mumsey
    ( Ready with a large pacifier to shut her up.)
    If you don't want to use the pacifier right away Mumsey, I have a nice roll of duct tape

*sigh* it's terrible to see Kliggy behaving like this. Again. I think she's had too much orange squash and Biccipegs, they've made her tired and stroppy.

I think perhaps a lobster pot playpen might be useful for keeping her in order after the meal, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
      I never throw my toys.
      No of course not, you just sink your teeth into them and shake till their limbs and heads fall off don't you?

Comment

Originally Posted by JuliaR
        Just to let you all know that I've posted a lovely letter from Julie, the owner of Gabbie, the Gabit sponsored Hearing Dog which Amanda and her fans at AT1 raised money for on the Gabit Forum under "Gabit Chat". It's also on the Gabit Events Yahoo Group.

Julia
        G4
        Ohhh thank you for the heads up Julia, it's lovely to hear an update

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
          I think perhaps a lobster pot playpen might be useful for keeping her in order after the meal, don't you?
          *sulks* You never let me have any fun.

No of course not, you just sink your teeth into them and shake till their limbs and heads fall off don't you?
          Shhhhhh! Tattletale.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            *sulks* You never let me have any fun.

Shhhhhh! Tattletale.
            Oh hush, your fun will be meted out on a daily basis in direct ratio to your level of good behavior ... hmmmm, so no, I guess you won't be having much fun there

And tattletale? oh please, I've not got started yet *grin*

Comment

Oh hush, your fun will be meted out on a daily basis in direct ratio to your level of good behavior ... hmmmm, so no, I guess you won't be having much fun there
              Oh then I will be having tons of fun. Thank you!

And tattletale? oh please, I've not got started yet *grin*
              Big tattletale
              sigpic

Comment

I was just curious if anyone has purchased air fare yet and if yes if anyone will be arriving earlier than Friday? It looks like we may be there Wednesday or Thursday so I was thinking we could meet up for dinner or lunch if anyone else is arriving earlier as well.

Also, my husband and I will be traveling throughout the UK during our visit and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice hotels/B&B's/restaurants. I can go up on the internet and search for different areas, but that doesn't always tell you about the great holes in the wall that may be overlooked otherwise. We really don't have a set itinerary. We just plan on hoping on the train and stopping when we find a place that looks interesting. We do hope to stay in Edinburgh a day or two, but other than that nothing has been written in stone.
                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 19 April 2006, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                  I was just curious if anyone has purchased air fare yet and if yes if anyone will be arriving earlier than Friday? It looks like we may be there Wednesday or Thursday so I was thinking we could meet up for dinner or lunch if anyone else is arriving earlier as well.

Also, my husband and I will be traveling throughout the UK during our visit and I was wondering if anyone could recommend any nice hotels/B&B's/restaurants. I can go up on the internet and search for different areas, but that doesn't always tell you about the great holes in the wall that may be overlooked otherwise. We really don't have a set itinerary. We just plan on hoping on the train and stopping when we find a place that looks interesting. We do hope to stay in Edinburgh a day or two, but other than that nothing has been written in stone.
                  I haven't purchased air fare and probably will not do so until 6-8 weeks before the event. That is what I did last year and it worked out great.
                  sigpic

Comment

210 DAYS TO GO !!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'd make a rough journey plan if I were you. What sort of things do you like to see/do?
                      scarimor

Comment

I think Scarimor's idea of a rough plan is good, you already have Edinburgh on the cards so what else would you like to see / get out of the trip.

If you've been before (I mean apart from last year's trip to Gabit) I think it would be nice to perhaps see some of the country that's not on the immediate tourist trail, so if you can think of what you'd like to see or are interested in I'm sure all us Brits here and everyone else who's been to the country and enjoyed this and that can come up with some cool suggestions of places to see, things to do, places to stay , eat etc

Comment

I think Scarimor's idea of a rough plan is good, you already have Edinburgh on the cards so what else would you like to see / get out of the trip.

If you've been before (I mean apart from last year's trip to Gabit) I think it would be nice to perhaps see some of the country that's not on the immediate tourist trail, so if you can think of what you'd like to see or are interested in I'm sure all us Brits here and everyone else who's been to the country and enjoyed this and that can come up with some cool suggestions of places to see, things to do, places to stay , eat etc
                          *grits teeth* That is a great idea. Usually the best places to visit are places where the locals hang out.
                          sigpic

Comment

No. Haven't done any reservations yet of either the plane or hotel type. I'm pretty sure I'll be getting into London a few days before though to play tourist and hopefully meet another GW'er for lunch who's not doing the con. I'm still thinking of staying in central London for a few days, then go out to the Ren that Thursday or something and ending my stay from that hotel since it's so close to Heathrow and closer to Oxfordshire (would love to try to do a daytrip out there - the ancestor I got my last name from came from an area right around there a few hundred years ago, so it'd be pretty neat to see the sights...)

But *ahem* in keeping with my title as the Queen of Procratinators, I still haven't did much research into hotels airfares etc. or setting much of an iternerary yet. Though I did spend a lunch last week checking out the British Airways site. They have a direct flight from BWI and no stopovers sounds great to me (even though my frequent flier miles are only for American) Those really cheap economy seats on BA look TINY though! Maybe I'll do the next step up - those seats looked a wee bit wider and more comfy. (Would love to do the Club or whatever it is that was equivalent to first class - those flat bed chairs would make it sooooooo easy to sleep on the way over. )

I do need to get a move on and do some more surfing and decision making. There was a reasonably priced small hotel in some brownstones south of Kensington Palace that had wifi..... I know. I need to be more action, less thinking and talking!

But my goal is to have this stuff decided and booked by the end of June and to have the passport done by then too.

And then I can just spend my time SQUEEEEEEING!
                            Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                            My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

*smiles sweetly*

The House of Rune?
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
                                No. Haven't done any reservations yet of either the plane or hotel type.
                                hey don't feel bad, i haven't either

i just barely got my shore leave plane tickets purchased, gabit will be a month or so off
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X