Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nem2k
    quick question for those who attended AT1

because I was only there for a day last time I didnt have to do the whole hotel thing, now im going for the weekend, how does the hotel side of things work?
    say you book a room for the saturday night, you have to check out by noon the next morning (sunday) so what do you do with all your stuff? carry it around with you during the second day of the event?
    In theory, yes, although I'm sure the hotel must have left luggage facilities of some sort (and maybe wouldn't even charge you for the privilege of using them. )

Alternatively, you could do what we did last time, and stash your bags in the room of a fellow Gabiteer who is staying in the hotel on the Sunday night, until you're ready to leave.

Comment

Baggie already did a wonderful job of listing all the hotel information.
      One thing I thought I'd add seeing as I had this problem when I was there.
      Not all of the hotel rooms have mini-refrigerators in them. Some are equipped with mini-bars so if you would like to have a frig in your room, you may want to request one when you book your room. I know I bought several sandwiches at the store thinking I had a frig in my room but found I was incorrect in my assumption and ended up giving the food away to someone who did.

Thought I'd also post that my husband and I spend a few extra days in the area after Gabit 1 and we found a wonderful restaurant/pub not too far away from the hotel. Not sure about the liquor as I'm not a big drinker but the food was really good and quite reasonably priced.

It's a bit of a walk, but it beat the food in the two hotels we stayed at during our trip.

The Pheasant Restaurant & Public House
      98 West End Lane,
      Harlington,
      Hayes.
      Middlesex.
      UB3 5LX.

Oh and we ate at the McDonald's near the hotel as well. I was quite surprised. It was much better than the food we get at McDonald's in the states. Odd how that works.

Comment

321 DAYS TO GO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nem2k
          quick question for those who attended AT1

because I was only there for a day last time I didnt have to do the whole hotel thing, now im going for the weekend, how does the hotel side of things work?
          say you book a room for the saturday night, you have to check out by noon the next morning (sunday) so what do you do with all your stuff? carry it around with you during the second day of the event?
          some hotels will allow you to lock stuff up in the bell closet.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, now that I got my confirmation so I know I'm really going in November...does anyone want to share a room? I'm housebroken and know how to behave in public!
            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
            Hic Comitas Regit
            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Well I registered, now just waiting anxiously on the confirmation *fingers and toes crossed (eyes too!) that the confirmation happens*.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                Well I registered, now just waiting anxiously on the confirmation *fingers and toes crossed (eyes too!) that the confirmation happens*.
                Fantastic news Amber!!!!!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                  Well, now that I got my confirmation so I know I'm really going in November...does anyone want to share a room? I'm housebroken and know how to behave in public!
                  LOL! So nice to know. I would hate to think we couldn't take you out at Gabit.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LadyJeep
                    lol are you going to the cocktail party? because im in need of a room mate as well
                    - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                      Fantastic news Amber!!!!!!
                      Thanks Kliggs! Looking forward to meeting everyone *please please please let there be a confirmation* !

Comment

Thanks Kliggs! Looking forward to meeting everyone *please please please let there be a confirmation* !
                        Give mumsey some time. We overworked her pretty good this week and it is 4:00 in the morning now. May I suggest some tea while you wait.
                        sigpic

Comment

Give mumsey some time. We overworked her pretty good this week and it is 4:00 in the morning now. May I suggest some tea while you wait.
                          Yeah I know we overwhelmed mumsey, I'm just worried that I registered too late period. Yes, a nice cup of PG Tips sounds awfully good. *pinkie up*

Comment

I must be mad, absolutely mad, I don't even know if I'll be able to go given I'll need to get Baby G a babysitter for the weekend. But I've booked a ticket and I have a cocktail party ticket!

Now I just have to hope that I don't get sick again!

Very excited about this. Although I only got to go to one day I had a great time. I'll be volunteering for steward duty again too as that was also a lot of fun.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                              I must be mad, absolutely mad, I don't even know if I'll be able to go given I'll need to get Baby G a babysitter for the weekend. But I've booked a ticket and I have a cocktail party ticket!

Very excited about this. Although I only got to go to one day I had a great time. I'll be volunteering for steward duty again too as that was also a lot of fun.
                              Woohoo! Gipsy is coming and she is mad!

Gabit Attendees
                              1speed4Sam
                              Ambermoon
                              Coley
                              Dipsofjazz
                              Flippy
                              F.H. Bagpuss
                              ForeverSg1
                              GateGipsy
                              Kliggins
                              LadyJeep
                              Lida
                              Mal
                              Nem2k
                              Rune
                              Seabee
                              Skydiver

Cocktail Party Attendees:
                              Dipsofjazz
                              Flippy18
                              GateGipsy
                              Kliggins
                              Nem2k
                              Rune
                              ForeverSg1
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SEREN LWCH (MAL)
                                I found the Gabit hotel easy. know Butlins was far more difficult for me! Always getting lost! Thankfully i wont be returning!
                                LOL ! I found my way round Butlins fairly easily...but despite my suggestion to have a few days there in Summertime,the Gatelets don't seem very keen.Pity.Those rides and amusements looked like fun !

*raises hand for ball of string* I doubt I will get that lucky and have a room right off the lobby this time.
                                That was a blessing last time for you,wasn't it ? Nearer the time,when you book your room,ask if you can have a room in the same area.The hotel staff really are very helpful ,so it'd be worth a try ?

Now wondering exactly where the boondocks are..but I'll look it up .
                                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Baggie already did a wonderful job of listing all the hotel information.
                                One thing I thought I'd add seeing as I had this problem when I was there.
                                Not all of the hotel rooms have mini-refrigerators in them. Some are equipped with mini-bars so if you would like to have a frig in your room, you may want to request one when you book your room. I know I bought several sandwiches at the store thinking I had a frig in my room but found I was incorrect in my assumption and ended up giving the food away to someone who did.
                                Thanks for remembering about that,K.Good advice.

I forgot several other things too.There was a photo processing machine,but it was already out of order ,by the time we went to use it.
                                Also fitness rooms,spa,etc...

http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/renaissance_lhr.htm

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                Oh and we ate at the McDonald's near the hotel as well. I was quite surprised. It was much better than the food we get at McDonald's in the states. Odd how that works.
                                Glad you enjoyed the Brit version McD ! Years ago in commercials they claimed that no matter where you buy McD the food is identical,right down to the garnishes,but it isn't so.There are cultural and sometimes religious restrictions on the meats and ingredients they use around the world.
                                (I wish they still did their pizzas,but I settle for their side salad, if I'm out with the kids and their pals !)
                                Yeah I know we overwhelmed mumsey, I'm just worried that I registered too late period. Yes, a nice cup of PG Tips sounds awfully good. *pinkie up*
                                *sends some nice soothing VR PG Tips*
                                I'm sure you'll get the confirmation e-mail soon.
                                Welcome aboard to you,Lady Jeep,Lida and anyone I missed .
                                *waves Hi *

Good luck stashing your stuff, Nem and good luck to you and LJ in your searches for a room mate and (Nem) a place to stash your stuff on the con Sunday.
                                (What's a bell closet,Sky,or anyone ? )
                                Originally posted by GateGipsy

Woo-Hoo for you ! I'm sure fate won't be cruel and send you any more hassle this time around.

Kliggins has kindly upgraded the Roll Calls,so ,on request from Mal ,I'll put today's countdown up.Hope your Server behaves soon,Mal.I have to manually input the codes...

320 days to go till AT2 !
                                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Working...
                                X