GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kliggins
    Congrats SS! Hopefully I will be that fortunate.
    (((K))) I hope so too.

Now let's see... what else was on my Procrastinate List?
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
      (((K))) I hope so too.

Now let's see... what else was on my Procrastinate List?
      I'm glad you eventually got your tax return done. I, of course, managed to leave mine lying around for nine months before I completed it with one whole day to go before I was fined! Like you, I'm very good at procratinating!

Have you got your passport yet?
      sigpic

Comment

Tax returns were dropped off at the post office this a.m. Refunds from both the state and the feds. So there's my ---divides refund roughly in half due to exchange rate--- Well.... there's my airline ticket for sure and a bit extra. Have found some interesting leads for places to stay, eat, and sightsee in London. Will have to narrow the sightseeing thing down and figure out what I *really* want to see and try to get a loose schedule going...
        Squuueeeeee !!
        WTG ! Taxes done and mailed.Refunds a-coming .Sounds like you have a Plan..
        Don't be surprised to see me running all over London the week before GABIT...

(well... maybe the week before... I know I want to get into London a few days before G2, but don't know if I want to do everything before it & then leave from G2 to home, or stay some afterwards.... decisions, decisions, decisions......)
        ROTFL..plenty time to finalise those decisions.

You could never be deposed Baggie. He can be their prince. (((((Baggie)))))
        Aw,that's so sweet ! ((((((((((((((Kliggins)))))))))))
        OK,I'll be Queen of the Orange Dust Bunnies and he can be Prince Dustin ?
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
          LOL! That's on my long-range procrastination list. Maybe May-ish?
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by flippy18
            Howdy all!!
            Apologies for any typos/excessive use of exclamation marks in this post, but in honour of Kat's hubby I bought some bottles of 'Mudslide' from Somerfield's whilst doing the weekly shop this morning. Very nice, am on bottle deux Kat, I'll bring some to Gabit2 with me, might not be strictly the same as what you're used to but it's a damn sight cheaper than the one you had last time!
            Would say that I hope you're all well but reading back a few pages it appears you're not!! Instead I hope that you're all feeling better soon and that the various remedies and copious amounts of Ribena do the trick.

Julia - I couldn't write a paragraph about 'meeting Amanda', just don't have the way with words that these guys do I'm afraid. Instead I will use the one word :"Magic!" and hope that will suffice.

When you don't win the EuroMillions lottery and are depressingly single, you find yourself spending a saturday evening drinking mudslides, working on websites and singing along to showtunes at full belt [Ruthie Henshall and John Barrowman are best to accompany you for this, though if Bev happens to be around with her banjo then go for it!] Tragic but fun

Finally :Is anyone going to Collectormania Manchester G-Mex next weekend? Am there on the Sunday if anyone is there and wants to say 'Hi'

Have a great weekend folks. See you at some point next week
            WOO! Flippy I knew I liked you the moment I saw you at Gabit. I will definitely be taking you up on that offer. Hmm, wonder if we could have a blender sent up to my room. I could stop by the store and pick up the ingredients and we could have ourselves a little mudlslide party.

My sister and I make these really yummyl drinks out of orange smoothie drink mixes. Instead of making the smoothie with orange juice like it suggests we use fuzzy navel wine coolers. I'm not sure if they have wine coolers in the UK, but I'm sure we could come up with a nice subtitute that would be just as tasty and orange to keep in theme with Gabit.

Don't feel too bad about how you spent your evening Flippy, you could have been me and spent the evening playing Age of Mythology with a five year old. I remember a time when my Saturday nights were much more exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              I'm glad you eventually got your tax return done. I, of course, managed to leave mine lying around for nine months before I completed it with one whole day to go before I was fined! Like you, I'm very good at procratinating!

Spelling too. I think it is fortunate for your students you teach music.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.Bagpuss
                Aw,that's so sweet ! ((((((((((((((Kliggins)))))))))))
                OK,I'll be Queen of the Orange Dust Bunnies and he can be Prince Dustin ?
                *groan, groan, groan*

LOL! That's on my long-range procrastination list. Maybe May-ish?
                I think that might be too soon, possibly August-ish.
                sigpic

Comment

So Prince Dustin isn't a good name...got any better suggestions ?

Comment

Seconds JR's sentiments. It is a terrible thing to have blood drawn when you're a "hard stick" as they say. My mom's that way & we always warn them - small needles & get someone over here who knows what they're doing. Her arms look terrible every time she's come out of the hospital.....

((((Mal))))
                    Yeah i have difficult veins at the best of times (due to chemo 22 years ago). This time it did not help that my arms were freezing cold!

The bruise on my left arm is fading nicely. The 2 on my right will take a while though.

If the results go the way I expect though, I'll be more than happy! I'll more than likly be bouncing for months!!!

Hoping this will happen in less than:

284 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Comment

Good luck with those results,MAL.
                      Never fun being a pin cushion in hospitals,but it'll be worth it !
                      (((((((((((((MAL))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                        So Prince Dustin isn't a good name...got any better suggestions ?
                        Prince of Orange...no wait, hasn't that been done?
                        sigpic

Comment

I think you're think of William Of Orange ,lol !

There's already a real Prince William ,so I can't use that name.

Prince Dustin seems the best option..unless Dustin Hoffman ever reads this thread and objects ,lol !

Edited to fix italics.Sheesh..must 've been more tired than I 'd thought.
                          Last edited by Bagpuss; 05 February 2006, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
                            Pretty good adaptation,actually. I own the Talk On Corners CD and your lyrics fit in with the tune.
                            Did you all remember to hum the SG theme ?

*ETA : Got to ask : Who's Gambetta ? I don't know the McGyver show very well.Assume the hate mail line is an anti S10 joke,er,right ?

Small spoiler for Moebius
                            Spoiler:
                            "Close enough", á la Jack ...

*Sends some shades over to Rune*
                            Yes, hate mail was anti season ten. I forgot to put the explanatory note in.... Saxe Gambetta is the name of a tube station in Lyon and it sounds like Sex Got Better, hence the line.

And yes, of COURSE I hummed the Stargate theme in the lift, on the bus, up the top of the hill and everywhere else!!! hehe
                            Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

What the heck are you shrieking about; you made it.
                              I may have made it but you made it live

Comment

Originally posted by Rune
                                I may have made it but you made it live
                                What; I was supposed to leave your creation languishing in photobucket. *snort*. I would never hear the end of it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X