No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn't count on the Chicago Creationent as being the last Stargate. They have had a poll going on and it would seem that folks don't want it to be the last. My problem is I already have tickets but I have a very good friend who is having a baby shower on that Saturday. So it looks like I'm going down on Friday then back home on Friday night (nice thing about only living an hour or so from Chicago). I'll than go back down to Chicago after the shower and stay over Saturday night. No perfect but the best I can do. I'll not miss a friends shower for a con. I checked and most of the people I would like to see will be there the whole three days or on Sunday.

Got to get off and get ready to register. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Well, that went pretty smoothly. Had to back up more than a few times but it was clear when I was getting to the GABit site at each stage. Great job GABIT folks. See you in April!!

Man I'm going back to bed. Though it looks like it might be a beautiful sunrise. Thank you for that GABIT

Comment

Glad it went smoothly for you, Margie! My poor nerves were shattered in the end. I got in the queue pretty early but crashed out after entering Sharon's info. Took me another 5 minutes or so to get back in but got there in the end thankfully
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
          Glad it went smoothly for you, Margie! My poor nerves were shattered in the end. I got in the queue pretty early but crashed out after entering Sharon's info. Took me another 5 minutes or so to get back in but got there in the end thankfully
          Hehehe, so it was Sharon's fault?

I had to hit F5 a number of times before I could choose the number of tickets and then again during the rest of the process. Took about 5 minutes or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post

I had to hit F5 a number of times before I could choose the number of tickets and then again during the rest of the process. Took about 5 minutes or so.
            Claire was registering me (group of 4) and it took her some time to get it finished - kept crashing. But got our confirmation email. I had to be up in case she couldn't get it done. Now I am awake and it is 4:30!
            sigpic

Comment

I'm sure if you ask her, she will deny everything and will also have found 30 different ways and 7 different laws in which to blame your pants.
              Last edited by PengYn; 06 July 2014, 05:05 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure if you ask her, she will deny everything and will also have find 30 different ways and 7 different laws in which to blame your pants.
                Haha, I bet.

Did I mention that AT asked me about the pants at Fedcon *and* wanted to know if I ever paid Sharon!

Then Claire blamed me for buying a leather jacket from Legends that she wanted. Darn, I am not making any friends here.

Comment

But I quickly forgave you... your leather jacket purchase allowed me to buy other stuff.

Not sure if everyone heard the news yet...but I lost my leather Harley Davidson Magnus boots (used in Breach etc). Was wearing them last week Sunday for photo shoot with Amanda at Evolution Expo and she said how much she missed wearing them...what is a Mum to do..offer them straight back!! She would not allow me to give them to her, but we did come to a nice arrangement...and I ended up donating money to S4K. Win-Win

Can't wait to see everyone at AT8

xox
                  sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                    But I quickly forgave you...
                    That is true!

your leather jacket purchase allowed me to buy other stuff.

Not sure if everyone heard the news yet...but I lost my leather Harley Davidson Magnus boots (used in Breach etc). Was wearing them last week Sunday for photo shoot with Amanda at Evolution Expo and she said how much she missed wearing them...what is a Mum to do..offer them straight back!! She would not allow me to give them to her, but we did come to a nice arrangement...and I ended up donating money to S4K. Win-Win

xox
                    Ha, cool! Although, too bad about losing the boots but I guess we never really own things, we just hold on to them for a while and then they move on.

Cheers,

Nicky.

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                      Well, that went pretty smoothly. Had to back up more than a few times but it was clear when I was getting to the GABit site at each stage. Great job GABIT folks. See you in April!!

Man I'm going back to bed. Though it looks like it might be a beautiful sunrise. Thank you for that GABIT
                      I had to wait till 3:00am but I managed to stay awake by watching old StarTrek NG and I was done signing up by 3:08! So excited couldn't get to sleep! So it's a sleepy happy morning in Seattle. Now I need some coffee….

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                        Claire was registering me (group of 4) and it took her some time to get it finished - kept crashing. But got our confirmation email. I had to be up in case she couldn't get it done. Now I am awake and it is 4:30!
                        Yes, it did crash a lot but I was still done registering by 3:08!!! Couldn't believe it with my shaky hand!! Then I went to bed and couldn't sleep I was so wide awake. Gotta get some coffee…I guess I already mentioned that...

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                          Yes, it did crash a lot but I was still done registering by 3:08!!! Couldn't believe it with my shaky hand!! Then I went to bed and couldn't sleep I was so wide awake. Gotta get some coffee…I guess I already mentioned that...

Donamac
                          Dona - I had the same problem. Couldn't get back to sleep. Finally I managed about a 2 hour nap and I did go to bed at 10:30 with the alarm set for 2:30. So I got some sleep, but this is going to be a long day!
                          sigpic

Comment

I didn't go back to bed either and so I've been up since 4:30AM and to say the least I'm dragging. I'm off to bed. A rain storm is jut starting now. The last one left lots of trees and branches down. It will be nice if it cools things down. The humidity is pretty high right now.
                            Nite all

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              We are very pleased to announce that we have a new staff member joining the GABIT Team. Paul Reeves will be working with Becka Ford in the Charity team.

Welcome Paul!

Kay G4
                              Awesome news! I LOVE that man!

Yep, I'm going (God willing and the creeks don't rise) at the end of my back east vacation. I start at Shore Leave, then a visit to my hometown (Rochester NY) and on to Chicago. Hope I survive.

Donamac
                              Hope so too.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                              if only it would be in the summertime - being a school teacher, it's absolutely impossible for me to go during the school year...
                              Here's hoping one day...

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post

Congrats on getting a ticket.

LOL, you would blame me!

I'm sure if you ask her, she will deny everything and will also have found 30 different ways and 7 different laws in which to blame your pants.
                              Yes, under the International Internet and Pants Law, section 5.01(2).

Haha, I bet.

Did I mention that AT asked me about the pants at Fedcon *and* wanted to know if I ever paid Sharon!

Then Claire blamed me for buying a leather jacket from Legends that she wanted. Darn, I am not making any friends here.
                              LOL. I love that AT harassed you about the pants. Can't wait until the next Gabit auction my friend. I fear I am going down!

But I quickly forgave you... your leather jacket purchase allowed me to buy other stuff.

xox
                              Cool Claire. I also once offered something back to AT. Instead she preferred to use it in another auction.

I had to wait till 3:00am but I managed to stay awake by watching old StarTrek NG and I was done signing up by 3:08! So excited couldn't get to sleep! So it's a sleepy happy morning in Seattle. Now I need some coffee….

Donamac
                              Congrats on your ticket!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                if only it would be in the summertime - being a school teacher, it's absolutely impossible for me to go during the school year...
                                Falls during my Spring break this year, which I'm very happy about so I don't have to take a day of personal leave to fly over for a long weekend which I have done before.
                                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X