GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
    Thanks Mumsey - we had heard. We're waiting with bated breath for him to actually tweet something
    And he has tweeted twice!

Martin Wood?@realmartinwood5hHere goes- @amandatapping seriously? "The dark lord"? I prefer "the lord of somewhat less light" or "he who can't be named without giggling"

also:

Martin Wood?@realmartinwood4h
    I'm being asked why I don't have a bigger presence on the net...because #mydogatemyhomepage...true story pic.twitter.com/w258yDMYAg

So Jumble - you can breathe again!
    sigpic

Comment

To any Gabiteers who are going to the London Film and Comic Con (with AT among others), enjoy!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Although I am not the biggest fan of Creation cons I am sad to hear the last of the dedicated Stargate cons (Chicago) will end after 2014. Always sad when the fans and the actors lose an opportunity to meet and say thanks to one another. Makes me want to hug the Gabit folk a wee bit tighter that they continue to keep calm and carry on. ((Julia, Mumsey, Becky, John and all the staff))

Comment

I understand S4K raised $5600.00 at LFCC. Way to go all those who contributed as well as Julia, Jenn, Mayo, Paul and whomever else was helping out.

Comment

I was wondering about a few pictures I've seen from a previous AT event. Amanda is dancing with a microphone in her hand and a blonde woman beside her. I am intrigued to know what was going on when the photos were taken.
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
              I was wondering about a few pictures I've seen from a previous AT event. Amanda is dancing with a microphone in her hand and a blonde woman beside her. I am intrigued to know what was going on when the photos were taken.

I'd have to see the picture before I could comment!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                I'd have to see the picture before I could comment!
                I'm trying to think where I saw them posted, she was wearing grey and one had the caption 'Dancing Queen' and another was 'gold'.
                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                  I'm trying to think where I saw them posted, she was wearing grey and one had the caption 'Dancing Queen' and another was 'gold'.
                  Amanda is notoriously difficult to get off the stage to go and do other things like taking photos and signing autographs, and so we have devised many ways of encouraging her off stage. These are called "get offs", and get more complicated and sometimes sillier at each event. This particular time, some of the staff dressed in Abba costumes and sang dancing queen making her sing too. As she doesn't like to sing, we thought it might encourage her to move. - Some chance! She's getting wise now and is usually ready for us.

Mumsey
                  For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                    Amanda is notoriously difficult to get off the stage to go and do other things like taking photos and signing autographs, and so we have devised many ways of encouraging her off stage. These are called "get offs", and get more complicated and sometimes sillier at each event. This particular time, some of the staff dressed in Abba costumes and sang dancing queen making her sing too. As she doesn't like to sing, we thought it might encourage her to move. - Some chance! She's getting wise now and is usually ready for us.

Mumsey
                    Haha sounds like great fun to watch. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with this time around.

Comment

Mumsey
                      Bahahaha this totally cracks me up! I can't wait to experience all this with my own eyes! Is it February yet?
                      sigpic
                      Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

We have just sent a mass mail to all registered paid up attendees. please note we require a response from everyone who want so sit with someone else in the main hall. READ THE WHOLE E-MAIL please. This mail also contains the hotel booking information
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                          Actually the very first group - rows 1 and 2 will go first. They are the (recruited) volunteers.
                          Not so this time. Just to shake things up a bit we are going to call the back rows first for photos and then autos. As we only have a handful of tickets left nearly everyone will be in the hall seating lottery anyway so where you end up sitting will be determined by that and not where you have sat before.

We have to work either front to back or back to front for both photos and autos so that the printing of photos can happen before the autos sessions. so we will be starting from the back this time for a change.

Best becks

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                            That's assuming everything runs to schedule (which is very hard considering how Amanda likes to chat ) - there are a lot of people to get through. Last time one session overran and some of us waited and waited only to be told that we'd been put back to the next session, by which time it was too late to go and get any lunch
                            Sorry that happened jumble we do try and only call the people we know we can get through. We know where we will start and where we will finish but the middle rows or the end of sessions we have to be more flexible. You should have been first in line at the next session though. However, if something like this happens again and you need to come in a bit later so you can eat, then let ma and Margaret know on the door and we can call a different row. I don't want anyone skipping meals. People who skip meals fall over and that makes the place untidy!

Best Becks

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
                              Sorry that happened jumble we do try and only call the people we know we can get through. We know where we will start and where we will finish but the middle rows or the end of sessions we have to be more flexible. You should have been first in line at the next session though. However, if something like this happens again and you need to come in a bit later so you can eat, then let ma and Margaret know on the door and we can call a different row. I don't want anyone skipping meals. People who skip meals fall over and that makes the place untidy!

Best Becks
                              Clean up on aisle 3!

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post

Best Becks
                                No worries Becks, those of us that have come across Amanda before know (and appreciate) that she likes to take a few moments with each person at the auto and photo sessions, and that things often overrun because of that. I was just letting the newbie know that AT events are not totally regimented and that sometimes a little patience is required I've been to a couple of non GABIT cons lately and although I have thoroughly enjoyed them the photo and auto sessions felt very rushed (queue, smile, click, go - queue, hi, sign, go), which is not the case with Amanda.

Mumsey
                                I loved the Bob The Builder one - hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                                X