GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
    On January 1st 2014 it was apparently colder in friendly Manitoba than it was on Mars.

(things that make me think of Aunty Sharon )
    Which is why I am moving to Mars next week.

Have to admit, December was a tough month. Consistently very cold with bad windchill. Every couple of weeks we would get one slightly warmer day but usually accompanied with winds and snow. Today, for example, "only" -12C but feels like -20 with the windchill. Also snow or blizzard warnings in effect. Can't wait until February. London has got to be better than this.....right?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Have to admit, December was a tough month. Consistently very cold with bad windchill. Every couple of weeks we would get one slightly warmer day but usually accompanied with winds and snow. Today, for example, "only" -12C but feels like -20 with the windchill. Also snow or blizzard warnings in effect. Can't wait until February. London has got to be better than this.....right?
      *sends warm hugs*
      It will definitely be better. Even though we're having terrible storms and very bad winds, the temperatures themselves right now are very mild for this time of year. I think London is set to get up to about 10C tomorrow. It'll be like a summer holiday for you
      sigpic

Comment

If you are looking for something fun to do before or after AT7 I would highly recommend going to WB Studios UK and seeing the Making of Harry Potter Tour. I went in November and had a fantastic time. We spent 5 1/2 hours wondering around and enjoying the tour. If you go I can not recommend paying the extra for the audio package enough it is well worth the money. If you would like to see some pictures from the tour head on over to my blog and check out some of my most recent posts HERE
        My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Being that London weather is similar to Seattle it has got to be better temp-wise though rainy. They both have their "moments" though when snow becomes somewhat of a nuisance. We just don't expect much sun.

I'm looking forward to A7, now if I could find a roomie. Anybody out there?

donamac
          Last edited by donamac; 03 January 2014, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
            If you are looking for something fun to do before or after AT7 I would highly recommend going to WB Studios UK and seeing the Making of Harry Potter Tour. I went in November and had a fantastic time. We spent 5 1/2 hours wondering around and enjoying the tour. If you go I can not recommend paying the extra for the audio package enough it is well worth the money. If you would like to see some pictures from the tour head on over to my blog and check out some of my most recent posts HERE
            just so you know...tickets need to be purchased ahead of time online or by phone.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              Being that London weather is similar to Seattle it has got to be better temp-wise though rainy. They both have their "moments" though when snow becomes somewhat of a nuisance. We just don't expect much sun.

I'm looking forward to A7, now if I could find a rookie. Anybody out there?

donamac
              if you mean a roomie, check out the gabit forum-some posted a day or so ago who is looking also.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                if you mean a roomie, check out the gabit forum-some posted a day or so ago who is looking also.
                I was thinking this is the GABIT forum--so is there another and do you have a link? Feeling a little dumb here...

Comment

I was thinking this is the GABIT forum--so is there another and do you have a link? Feeling a little dumb here...
                  Here's the link for the Gabit-Forum. http://forums.gabitevents.com/

Check under AT 7 - Amanda's fans alone - but not for long

Comment

Dona, someone I know was looking just recently. Can you DM me your e-mailadress? Then I can e-mail you both!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post

it's actually under "AT7 chat"

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                        *sends warm hugs*
                        It will definitely be better. Even though we're having terrible storms and very bad winds, the temperatures themselves right now are very mild for this time of year. I think London is set to get up to about 10C tomorrow. It'll be like a summer holiday for you
                        All warm hugs appreciated and needed.

We have had news of all the bad storms and winds you have been having. Hoping things will calm down in Feb.

Last time I got off the plane in London in Feb it was a 30 degree difference from home!

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                        I did the tour last time with my nephew, Claire and Paul. it was very good--and i'm not even that big a HP fan. My niece wants to do it this time around. Last time I was lucky and Paul drove us. How did you get there? Bus or train?

Hey you, it's official---we have pants!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I did the tour last time with my nephew, Claire and Paul. it was very good--and i'm not even that big a HP fan. My niece wants to do it this time around. Last time I was lucky and Paul drove us. How did you get there? Bus or train?
                          I went by car as well with friends but I know folks that have gone by bus on the tour and had a great time. I'm not a hug HP fan either but I'm a fan of film making and the detail that they went to for these films is shown on the tour. I talked with a gentleman in diagon alley that had worked on the film with special effects. He was telling me about the four different types of material they used to make snow for the movie. I would go back again to see the sets with out the Christmas dec.
                          My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

i know you can get there by train and then a bus right to the place, but don't remember which train. i'm sure it is on their site- that's probably where i saw it. i considered going, but they don't allow scooters, neither does the Dr Who exhibit in Cardiff. poops!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                              it's actually under "AT7 chat"
                              Oops, my bad. You are correct.

Yay!Thank you!

Comment

Yay!Thank you!
                                *raises eyebrows*
                                I thought Neep was the one running around without pants......
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X