No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh-T I thought you might enjoy this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html

Tee Hee!

Mumsey
    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

What a hoot! Just think EH-T was first to set a new trend

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
        You have to remember ALL questions and ALL answers. And write them down in a nice report.

It helps to write down keywords during the panel and make the report soon after the event <-- this is me just being helpful
        Looks like my notebook will get a lot of use that weekend - and my friend is bringing her tablet so we can type up notes as we go.
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
          Looks like my notebook will get a lot of use that weekend - and my friend is bringing her tablet so we can type up notes as we go.
          Awesome!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            Eh-T I thought you might enjoy this. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...-premiere.html

Tee Hee!

Mumsey
            LOL! I understand only too well her comment about staying upright!

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
            What a hoot! Just think EH-T was first to set a new trend
            I am a trend setter!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Yup she totally copied you

I some sensible boots and my big comfy Gabit hoody next to my bed in case I have to get up fast. I'm pretty calm compared to a lot of my friends but it's hard to get to sleep with nearly constant aftershocks. The main jolts aren't following the normal pattern of decreasing though, they have been getting bigger since Friday
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

I some sensible boots and my big comfy Gabit hoody next to my bed in case I have to get up fast. I'm pretty calm compared to a lot of my friends but it's hard to get to sleep with nearly constant aftershocks. The main jolts aren't following the normal pattern of decreasing though, they have been getting bigger since Friday
                You must have got the vibes. I was going to ask for a shout to make sure you were okay. Take good care of yourself and keep letting us know you are okay. We worry!

Huggles all our Kiwi sibs.

Mumsey

Comment

You must have got the vibes. I was going to ask for a shout to make sure you were okay. Take good care of yourself and keep letting us know you are okay. We worry!

Huggles all our Kiwi sibs.

Mumsey
                  Great minds Mumsey. I heard the news about the quakes this morning and had the same thought. Adding my hugs.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Great minds Mumsey. I heard the news about the quakes this morning and had the same thought. Adding my hugs.
                    First I've heard of this.... hope all is well. My biggest dislike of living in Calif were the quakes (and the heat!) Stay safe and it wouldn't hurt to bottle up some water just in case. Also keep in touch if you can so we know all is well.
                    sigpic

Comment

Aww, guys. I'm fine. My dog trembles with each decent aftershock. There were no serious injuries... I think the main one is a journo in a newsroom who had a tv land on him. In the bigger one I was trying to get my granddad to sit down so he wouldn't fall, but he was heading to the front door to hold it open so it wouldn't jam (not advised by the way. Drop, cover, hold. But he's an earthquake engineer who spent a lot of his working life examining eq damaged buildings) and water was sloshing out of the gutters. My dog made a run for it and sat crying just outside the gate... I spent the end of the earthquake standing on the wet grass in my socks calling out to him with my sore, hoarse throat (I was sick and in pajamas ). I don't remember the noise, but people who haven't blanked it out say it was scary. Hours later I was cooking dinner and realised I was still wearing the wet socks.

We had a lot of books off shelves and broken glass from picture frames, but no furniture toppled, unlike down the road in Wellington! It isn't looking likely that I will get back into work for at least this week because of the damage... my office was on the tv! They are flying some of us up to Auckland to work from there but as I'm technically still in training I'm staying put. At the moment there is a tiny aftershock every few minutes and I'm starting to feel a bit sea sick!

Eh-T, now I'm watching Ann Reinking videos on youtube now that my internet is working.
                      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So the engineers have given us the all clear to set up office space in the second tallest building in the city. There is a reason we don't build tall here. This is the first time I have actually felt scared. Don't want to say any thing to my coworkers because I don't want to worry them. The government has a list of unsafe buildings they refuse to publish because they don't want to panic people.

I just keep thinking that all the buildings that came down in the Christchurch February 2011 quakes and been OK'd by inspectors after the September 2010 quake.
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So the engineers have given us the all clear to set up office space in the second tallest building in the city. There is a reason we don't build tall here. This is the first time I have actually felt scared. Don't want to say any thing to my coworkers because I don't want to worry them. The government has a list of unsafe buildings they refuse to publish because they don't want to panic people.

I just keep thinking that all the buildings that came down in the Christchurch February 2011 quakes and been OK'd by inspectors after the September 2010 quake.
                          Mega Mumsey hugs.

Comment

Also sending hugs.

Hopefully the previous incident made the inspections more thorough so there is no repeat of what happened in Christchurch.

Comment

I'm so glad that you are safe and actually have a place to go to your job!
                              sigpic

Comment

Mega Mumsey hugs.
                                Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Also sending hugs.

Hopefully the previous incident made the inspections more thorough so there is no repeat of what happened in Christchurch.
                                Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                I'm so glad that you are safe and actually have a place to go to your job!
                                Thanks guys. Just had a wee panicky moment yesterday. I may even still be sent to Auckland to work, which would be awesome. I'm in my 3rd day sitting at home on call, with my trembly dog.

Eh-T, I hope you're right. No one wants to be the person who OKs another CTV building as fit for people to return to.
                                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Working...
                                X