Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    My, very specific rules, eh?

Thought Id' better respond before we dropped off the page.
    Yes, very odd, but rules are rules!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Yes, very odd, but rules are rules!
      Luckily I am not attending the CP in 2014 and therefore not subject to any rules.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

*envisions mayhem in the lobby*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Meeep!

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Still so quiet I guess everyone still has lots of cons this year to look forward to yet really wish I was going to one of them but AT7 is my next one. Not that I'm an experienced con goer having only been to oz comic con this year as my first one. I'm so excited for AT7 and then oz comic con after it
            sigpic
            Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Surely not from me?

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
              Still so quiet I guess everyone still has lots of cons this year to look forward to yet really wish I was going to one of them but AT7 is my next one. Not that I'm an experienced con goer having only been to oz comic con this year as my first one. I'm so excited for AT7 and then oz comic con after it
              I don't think it is quiet because others have lots of cons. I only have one other and that is unusual because AT events are usually my only events. Likely just quiet because summer is here(for some of us) and people are busy with other things. Also, AT is still a long way off. Haven't got into the actual planning yet like hotel, flights, other activities.

Got any other questions to help fill the time? Or maybe AT veterans want to share some favourite memories?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I was wondering about free time throughout the weekend?? I know it action packed but will I be leaving my room before breakfast and not getting back to it before 3am??? Or is the schedule fairly relaxed and will I have time to nip back up to get my items for the auto session, or powder my nose before the photo op??
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry for my impatience too....lol I'm just so excited, and no I haven't got round to any of the real planning yet either, although my parents know its happening and are expecting to be putting up the family whilst we are over
                  sigpic

Comment

I was wondering about free time throughout the weekend?? I know it action packed but will I be leaving my room before breakfast and not getting back to it before 3am??? Or is the schedule fairly relaxed and will I have time to nip back up to get my items for the auto session, or powder my nose before the photo op??

Depending on what row you are sitting in will determine how much time you have after the Q&A before your photo or auto session. If you are not in the first group called you will have time to go up to your room. The first group called should go straight from the Q&A to the photo/auto room.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
                      Depending on what row you are sitting in will determine how much time you have after the Q&A before your photo or auto session. If you are not in the first group called you will have time to go up to your room. The first group called should go straight from the Q&A to the photo/auto room.
                      Thanks
                      sigpic

Comment

Actually the very first group - rows 1 and 2 will go first. They are the (recruited) volunteers. So you will still have time to change clothes, comb hair, etc before anything happens. As for the 3am stuff - thats up to you. Usually the event ends around 5 to 6 pm. However on Sat there is a "costume" party in the evening but plenty of time to eat and change, etc. On Sunday - people will hang around the lobby until late in the evening but you can come and go as you please. (Friday night, of course is the cocktail party if you have an invite). But even with Friday - people will be hanging around the lobby most of the evening. You can order food there, order pizza (delivered - we did that last time on Sat.) or go out to eat and come back later. You do have plenty of time. Let's say your picture is taken after about an hour or so. You still have time then as well. So as much as this can keep you very busy - you can also find time to do other things and hopefully you will!

Oh and my last con was AT6 and my next one is AT7 - not a big con goer either. Might go to the one in Seattle next year but only if a friend of mine makes it to Seattle next year. So SGSuzi - not everyone are big con goers for a variety of reasons!
                        Last edited by llp; 25 June 2013, 09:46 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

That's assuming everything runs to schedule (which is very hard considering how Amanda likes to chat ) - there are a lot of people to get through. Last time one session overran and some of us waited and waited only to be told that we'd been put back to the next session, by which time it was too late to go and get any lunch
                          Last edited by Jumble; 25 June 2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                            Actually the very first group - rows 1 and 2 will go first. They are the (recruited) volunteers. So you will still have time to change clothes, comb hair, etc before anything happens. As for the 3am stuff - thats up to you. Usually the event ends around 5 to 6 pm. However on Sat there is a "costume" party in the evening but plenty of time to eat and change, etc. On Sunday - people will hang around the lobby until late in the evening but you can come and go as you please. (Friday night, of course is the cocktail party if you have an invite). But even with Friday - people will be hanging around the lobby most of the evening. You can order food there, order pizza (delivered - we did that last time on Sat.) or go out to eat and come back later. You do have plenty of time. Let's say your picture is taken after about an hour or so. You still have time then as well. So as much as this can keep you very busy - you can also find time to do other things and hopefully you will!

Oh and my last con was AT6 and my next one is AT7 - not a big con goer either. Might go to the one in Seattle next year but only if a friend of mine makes it to Seattle next year. So SGSuzi - not everyone are big con goers for a variety of reasons!
                            I'd love to be a big con goer, but as I live in a small town in oz and our nearest big city is a 2 hour flight away it makes it expensive therefore I just have to save it for the special ones.

I do have an invite to the cocktail party so I know how my Friday evening will be going woohoo
                            sigpic

Comment

Attention Woo Hoos. In case you haven't heard, Martin is on twitter. @realmartinwood

I'm pretty sure it's genuine as Amanda introduced him. His first tweet sounds right too.

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Mumsey - we had heard. We're waiting with bated breath for him to actually tweet something

Comment

Working...
                                X