GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
    Not so this time. Just to shake things up a bit we are going to call the back rows first for photos and then autos. As we only have a handful of tickets left nearly everyone will be in the hall seating lottery anyway so where you end up sitting will be determined by that and not where you have sat before.

We have to work either front to back or back to front for both photos and autos so that the printing of photos can happen before the autos sessions. so we will be starting from the back this time for a change.

Best becks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
      No worries Becks, those of us that have come across Amanda before know (and appreciate) that she likes to take a few moments with each person at the auto and photo sessions, and that things often overrun because of that. I was just letting the newbie know that AT events are not totally regimented and that sometimes a little patience is required I've been to a couple of non GABIT cons lately and although I have thoroughly enjoyed them the photo and auto sessions felt very rushed (queue, smile, click, go - queue, hi, sign, go), which is not the case with Amanda.

I loved the Bob The Builder one - hilarious!
      Bob the builder? Please elaborate
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

loved seeing so many Gabiteers at LFCC, it seemed like a mini Amanda con
        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

My fave is still the goat herders. There are pictures. John in leaderhosen. Jenn as a nun and the rest of the g4 with golden wooly braids. So much fun

Comment

Best auction bucket run has to be the hard hats for baton twirling for fun but Julia's torch run at AT6 is unbeatable in the emotion stakes.

What are your favourites?

Comment

Best auction bucket run has to be the hard hats for baton twirling for fun but Julia's torch run at AT6 is unbeatable in the emotion stakes.

Off the top of my head, the Dalek that didn't work properly and then when she picked it up it started up and scared her so much she nearly dropped it! Tim's replicator was good too.

Mumsey
              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

I love hearing all these awesome memories! Keep them coming people!

Can't wait to meet you all!
                sigpic
                Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

OMG reading these has made me giggle soooo much, I am so excited, but have made a memo to myself, remember to bring tena ladies, think I'm literally going to be PMSL all weekend!!!
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

the "sound of music" was my favorite. don't remember the Dalek-must have been before my time there, but do remember the replicator- that was cool.

Comment

I just want to huggle Mumsey!! *hugs*

My memories from the AT events are kind of jumbled together. The dalek stands out for me too.

It's not a get-off, but one of my fav memories is from a Q&A at AT3 (my first AT event). They managed to get RDA on the phone and he and Amanda were chatting for all of us to hear. RDA was asking: what are you ... and before he could say (presumably: doing), Amanda said: wearing?
                      Lolol.
                      There might have been talk of fishing too

On Livejournal there are a couple of conventionreports around, from previous events. Might be fun to read for the newbies
                      I wrote out all Q&As for AT3 here.
                      I think Sanna did so for AT4. Can't find a link though.
                      This is a newbies job, so you know what to do for AT7

And PengYn has some beautiful reports written, probably also with the Q&A's.
                      sigpic

Comment

Also, very much a favourite memory is Amanda and Tracy stuck in an elevator (as Magnus and ... Druit IIRC ... am not sure). Laughed till I cried
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                          I just want to huggle Mumsey!! *hugs*

My memories from the AT events are kind of jumbled together. The dalek stands out for me too.

It's not a get-off, but one of my fav memories is from a Q&A at AT3 (my first AT event). They managed to get RDA on the phone and he and Amanda were chatting for all of us to hear. RDA was asking: what are you ... and before he could say (presumably: doing), Amanda said: wearing?
                          Lolol.
                          There might have been talk of fishing too

On Livejournal there are a couple of conventionreports around, from previous events. Might be fun to read for the newbies
                          I wrote out all Q&As for AT3 here.
                          I think Sanna did so for AT4. Can't find a link though.
                          This is a newbies job, so you know what to do for AT7

And PengYn has some beautiful reports written, probably also with the Q&A's.
                          Woohoo! Thank you so much for the link! I can't wait to read more about this

So what did you mean by a newbies job? LOL
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                            So what did you mean by a newbies job? LOL
                            You have to remember ALL questions and ALL answers. And write them down in a nice report.

It helps to write down keywords during the panel and make the report soon after the event <-- this is me just being helpful
                            sigpic

Comment

I made a report for AT6. It's on my LJ page
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                                loved seeing so many Gabiteers at LFCC, it seemed like a mini Amanda con
                                Happy for all of you, I'm sure it was lovely.

My favourite "get-off" was the Sound of Music. Been a huge fan of that movie since I was wee. Always regretted I didn't buy one of the singing goats but found one at a local store before Christmas and bought it for my great-nephew. He loves it!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X