No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until such time as it is held in summer, I won't be able to attend. There is no way I can take the time off from school during the year.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Hey Neep sure it wasn't him???

Well waiting to hear the my money has arrived safely into the wonderful hands of Gabit - but nothing yet! Figure maybe they have more then just my money there - might take another day or two! But since it is a few months off yet ( ) - guess I should have patience!
      mine arrived the next day(much to my surprise)

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
        That's awesome!

Getting quite excited already, really hoping to get a ticket for AT7 next month. It'll be my first GABIT event! Have missed out so many times in the past due to lack of funds or the timing being wrong for me, and finally everything will be aligned right for AT7 *dances*
        Me too.
        And I have two little children (5 and 6 years) so I didn't want to leave home "alone". Now they will come with me and my husband. My husband has never been in London. So we are very excited because it will be a family trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
          That's awesome!

Getting quite excited already, really hoping to get a ticket for AT7 next month. It'll be my first GABIT event! Have missed out so many times in the past due to lack of funds or the timing being wrong for me, and finally everything will be aligned right for AT7 *dances*
          Yeh for all the stars being aligned for you.

Originally posted by llp View Post
          Here's hoping you get your ticket....it really is a lot of fun.

I just got my acknowledgment that my money has arrived.....thanks Mumsey!
          I got my acknowlegement as well although, I do owe a bit of $ because of those mystery bank fees.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          Until such time as it is held in summer, I won't be able to attend. There is no way I can take the time off from school during the year.
          There are lots of negatives about my job (like working on Sunday as I am now) but one advantage is the flexibility to set my schedule. The last TSE was in summer so maybe one day there will be another one and you can make that event.

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
          Me too.
          And I have two little children (5 and 6 years) so I didn't want to leave home "alone". Now they will come with me and my husband. My husband has never been in London. So we are very excited because it will be a family trip.
          Even better. My last AT event was a family affair with my nephew. We had such fun in London.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

London is one of my all-time favorite cities. I would dearly love to go back. There's so much I want to revisit, so much else to explore!
            sigpic

Comment

London is one of my all-time favorite cities. I would dearly love to go back. There's so much I want to revisit, so much else to explore!
              I understand that completely, I love it there too. I think there are reasons why AT events are never in the summer (but I can't recall what they are).

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                I understand that completely, I love it there too. I think there are reasons why AT events are never in the summer (but I can't recall what they are).
                I agree both of you. I've ever been in London (two times), I like it very much. It's a beautiful city and the people are kind.
                When I was second time in London I was with my daughter. She was 6 and her favourite place was London Eye. Se showed photos of this to her little brothers and the boys had been very excited. They looking forward to travel very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfairy
                  I agree both of you. I've ever been in London (two times), I like it very much. It's a beautiful city and the people are kind.

When I was second time in London I was with my daughter. She was 6 and her favourite place was London Eye. Se showed photos of this to her little brothers and the boys had been very excited. They looking forward to travel very much.

I started going to the UK when I was in my early 20's (now in mid 60's) and have been there more times than I can count and I love it each time I go. London is a friendly vibrant city that has so many nooks and crannies to investigate. I think it is a wonderful adventure for kids once they are old enough to appreciate it. Babies are to young and only go where Momma takes them - but travel for children gives you an understanding of the world far beyond people that go no where (by choice). So here's hoping both of you get to come and bring your families with you!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    I believe (although readily admit I could be mistaken) that it has to do with the increased costs of flying Amanda over and her hotel stay. November and February are classed as "off-peak" months, and therefore are less expensive for travel ... the less money spent on overhead = more money going to the charities! In addition those months are less likely to have major holidays with which to conflict... (ie Easter, school holidays, etc. Although AT7 is going to coincide with Ontario's Family Day ... which I'll apparently be spending with the UK branch of my family? ) Another key consideration is the timing of Amanda's schedule, of course, as AT events would be a bit challenging without the Empress herself in attendance - not impossible mind, as we are the crew that managed to have an exciting auction for invisible Nubbins afterall, but still!
                    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                    ames on facebook
                    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                      I believe (although readily admit I could be mistaken) that it has to do with the increased costs of flying Amanda over and her hotel stay. November and February are classed as "off-peak" months, and therefore are less expensive for travel ... the less money spent on overhead = more money going to the charities! In addition those months are less likely to have major holidays with which to conflict... (ie Easter, school holidays, etc. Although AT7 is going to coincide with Ontario's Family Day ... which I'll apparently be spending with the UK branch of my family? ) Another key consideration is the timing of Amanda's schedule, of course, as AT events would be a bit challenging without the Empress herself in attendance - not impossible mind, as we are the crew that managed to have an exciting auction for invisible Nubbins afterall, but still!
                      It's one thing to have an invisible Nubbin but an invisible AT really isn't going to work!

I'm sure cost is part of the consideration. Summer would be more expensive for attendees as well and you need to maximize attendees. One of the advantages of February was that the plane was quite empty which meant I got to stretch out in the middle ailse on the way there. Still didn't sleep but at least it was more comfy. One day I will go to London again in the warm weather.

Comment

Look what I got from Amanda. It's the best birthday wish what I've ever got.

@amandatapping: Happy day!! hugs. Xo RT @anitafairy: @amandatapping This is my birthday today. May I get a virtual hug from you? Thank you. :-D

Comment

So according to the pics I saw this am, the Ren has gotten rid of the "chilling" area in the lobby/outside Starbucks, and is redefining the space with a series of smaller conference rooms -- this is likely to make the tackle-hugs-upon-arrival a tad more challenging... not to mention the free time between sessions!!! I'm guessing the new management is moving towards catering for smaller and/or much more segmented gatherings as opposed to the larger groups they've hosted in the past. Just my opinion, but...

ames on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                            So according to the pics I saw this am, the Ren has gotten rid of the "chilling" area in the lobby/outside Starbucks, and is redefining the space with a series of smaller conference rooms -- this is likely to make the tackle-hugs-upon-arrival a tad more challenging... not to mention the free time between sessions!!! I'm guessing the new management is moving towards catering for smaller and/or much more segmented gatherings as opposed to the larger groups they've hosted in the past. Just my opinion, but...
                            Oh, man, you have to be kidding. That was half the fun of going there. Bah Humbug to the Ren.
                            sigpic

Comment

Panic not! The Ren is still the best venue in the area for us. They are evolving and we are the best group at making ourselves at home whatever they do. Remember when they were carpeting the reception area and we never knew from one day to the next which area would be available to us?

We have a year to go yet. The G4 are not disturbed by this.

Kay (with her G4 hat on.)
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Sorry Mumsey, I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining persay ... I was thinking more of being prepared for the changes instead of making plans (like counting on access to the no-longer-there computer facility room ... or, y'know, fridges) which can be altered to fit the reality of the situation before we get there.

Yes I do remember AT3 when our photos/autos were downstairs from the main hall, and we didn't know day-to-day what areas would be tarped off due to the on-going renovations. We persevered, and I'm sure as adaptable as a group as we are, we will do so again!

ames on facebook

Comment

Working...
                                X