GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
    One thing we're NOT short of at the moment is water! We've been getting one storm after another coming across the Atlantic for several weeks now. We are somewhat soggy...

Mumsey

Well I guess soggy is better then falling on your arse on "black" ice! So you are telling me I might need fishing wadders when I come over?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
      Well I guess soggy is better then falling on your arse on "black" ice! So you are telling me I might need fishing wadders when I come over?
      If it continues as it has been, then maybe you will! It's not just the rain - the wind is pretty fierce too. At least it's not too cold with it. 10 deg C today.

Mumsey
      For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Well, I guess the hotel didn't get my reservation. Ouch! I just checked to make sure it had gone through and it obviously hadn't. I must have pressed the wrong button or something. They don't have any available now at the group rate. Very frustrating--but a good thing I checked. So now if anybody wants a roommate let me know. I sent a message to a woman on the GABIT forum on Jan 3rd and haven't heard from her yet. AAARARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

donamac I'll be there somehow…

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
          Well, I guess the hotel didn't get my reservation. Ouch! I just checked to make sure it had gone through and it obviously hadn't. I must have pressed the wrong button or something. They don't have any available now at the group rate. Very frustrating--but a good thing I checked. So now if anybody wants a roommate let me know. I sent a message to a woman on the GABIT forum on Jan 3rd and haven't heard from her yet. AAARARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

Uhoh! Did you go on facebook as well. If you don't, I have an account and I can put a message up for you. Let me know. As of yesterday, there was at least one person looking.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
            If it continues as it has been, then maybe you will! It's not just the rain - the wind is pretty fierce too. At least it's not too cold with it. 10 deg C today.

Mumsey
            10c that's a freaking heat wave compared to what it's like here.

Comment

Uhoh! Did you go on facebook as well. If you don't, I have an account and I can put a message up for you. Let me know. As of yesterday, there was at least one person looking.
              i think that Becky is the one who deals with the hotel. she is busy skiing in British Columbia right now, so you won't get a response till she gets back, probably. it said in the original notice about booking the room that if you had any trouble to give her the reservation number and she would try to take care of it. so it may be a while till you hear from her. but don't give up hope for the lower rate.
              that is correct isn't it Mumsey?

Comment

I put in another message to her asking for either a yes or no. She seemed pretty anxious for a roommie. But thanks. I guess I should make a reservation somewhere else just in case. Never had this problem before. Still can't wait for AT7!!!

Comment

I put in another message to her asking for either a yes or no. She seemed pretty anxious for a roommie. But thanks. I guess I should make a reservation somewhere else just in case. Never had this problem before. Still can't wait for AT7!!!
                  I've actually had that problem before, and to be honest both times I just booked the room anyway (because you don't pay until check-out), and the hotel staff just gave me the rate when I checked out - told them it was a booking error. But I'm sure Becky/ the Ren will sort it either way.

Comment

you guys had me curious - yes, there ARE chocolate teapots
                    sigpic

Comment

Dona, someone I know is looking for a roomie thursday to monday. Please sent me a PM with your e-mailadress.
                      sigpic

Comment

Dona, contact Becky via [email protected]. She is checking emails, and will respond - eventually. She is currently throwing herself down snowy mountains in Whistler, but is dealing with things in her down time.

If you got a booking number, quote it , and Becky will get you the rate.

Mumsey
                        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Me too! I don't drink tea so it works really well for me!

I don't know which horrifies me more, the cold or no tea.

It didn't need to be that cold for our pipes to freeze up in the Himalayas, but then we didn't have any heating or insulation! Brrrr. The nuns kept me in yak butter tea though! Hehe, it's just as you would expect. Hot, salty, buttery tea.

Speaking of the cold, anyone keen to donate a blanket or two?

http://www.nepalorphanshome.org/wish-list
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post

I don't know which horrifies me more, the cold or no tea.

It didn't need to be that cold for our pipes to freeze up in the Himalayas, but then we didn't have any heating or insulation! Brrrr. The nuns kept me in yak butter tea though! Hehe, it's just as you would expect. Hot, salty, buttery tea.

Speaking of the cold, anyone keen to donate a blanket or two?

http://www.nepalorphanshome.org/wish-list
                            Don't drink coffee either but could melt down the teapot and drink that.

Speaking of chocolate........Sanna, where are you? Can we work out a deal for Fazermints? Almost time for my fix!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

can we work out a deal for dark chocolate TimTams?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Don't drink coffee either but could melt down the teapot and drink that.

Speaking of chocolate........Sanna, where are you? Can we work out a deal for Fazermints? Almost time for my fix!
                                Reporting for Fazer Mints duty, ma'am!

I'll do my best to get my hands on some. How much of this Finnish chocolate deliciousness do you require?

Comment

Working...
                                X