No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my email hasn't come through just yet but antoa just got hers, so she was able to tell me where we're sitting and this is the freakiest thing ever because every year since i have been going to Gabit (since AT2), i have moved exactly 2 rows closer to the stage each time lol.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by antoa View Post
      The reviews I have read online for Tep wireless seem to be positive (for the most part) for those that used it in the UK and not quite as favorable from those that used it outside of the UK.

I am leaning towards renting a device. They use the '3' network. The map shows that there is coverage at the Ren. It's only $56 (35GBP) for 'unlimited data' (really 400mb 'fair use' from what I've read) for the time I am there. The Ren charges 15GBP a day (PengYn called and asked) so that would be anywhere from 60GBP (if I don't get it on the day I get there and the day I leave) to 90GBP (for 6 days).

Also, just got my e-ticket! So exciting!
      I looked at the dates I would be over there, and it comes to $92 for my entire trip ... although it's more if I want the "unlimited", and that's just for the UK, so it wouldn't work for the four days I'll be in France - the multi-country access is much more expensive. Hmmmm.... *returns to contemplating if I *really* need to stay online during my holidays*
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Becks - I hope you get to feeling better soon! *hugs*

Eh-T - shoes for charity good, randomly dressing up the rest of your person in said theme also potentially good at ball, depending on how you swing your backstory...but decidedly out of character otherwise!

Antoa - any luck with the research on the mobile internet provider? You have me curious now! *returns to debating on whether to bring along my netbook or not*

Pengyn - I feel your pain! *tries to ignore mountains of filing and piles of STUFF that needs sorting* :/ *commiserating hugs*

In news of amyness, I had my first official performance review at work last night (and did quite well, thank you boss that I already loved ), got the bank stuff sorted this morning so hopefully my fundage will arrive in the UK before I will , and am currently getting snow tires rotated onto my car (because my mother is convinced we'll have snow before I return...and frankly, I don't disagree...). Have rung the super to get details on in-house unit transfers (they're upgrading the building, so are encouraging current tenants to rent the new units so they can then upgrade the newly vacated unit as well -- it's quite a rent hike for the joys of new flooring and whites (are they still called whites when the appliances are now stainless steel? Hmmmm), although the ability to control one's heat (which we can't do now - other than by opening/closing windows of course) and the increased square footage are definitely intriguing perks). I have a feeling there will be some heated discussion here in the next few days before I leave!
        Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        my email hasn't come through just yet but antoa just got hers, so she was able to tell me where we're sitting and this is the freakiest thing ever because every year since i have been going to Gabit (since AT2), i have moved exactly 2 rows closer to the stage each time lol.
        Ames, I won't be at the ball so 0 chance of dressing like a stripper there. Mayo, just FYI, 0 chance anywhere else. (well, other than the shoes of course)

PengYn, that is freaky. One would have assumed, given your behaviour (aren't you the one with the pea shooter?), that Gabit would be moving you further back each time. Hmmm, they must be falling for the PengYn eyes*

* this comment brought to you by Mandy and Jan who miss you very much.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Well I have been given the word I can go to AT6 from my doctor - very happy - even if there are restrictions. Hate restrictions! So now waiting for my email to arrive to make it official!

Now I need to find the jello and stamps for Mumsey! Which box! Oy!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            PengYn, that is freaky. One would have assumed, given your behaviour (aren't you the one with the pea shooter?), that Gabit would be moving you further back each time. Hmmm, they must be falling for the PengYn eyes*

* this comment brought to you by Mandy and Jan who miss you very much.
            <3 aw, it's nice to be missed :-)

I think they may be working on the theory that the further forward I am, the less damage I can do. And the more eyes that can be kept on me???

I've actually not been that well at all this year and I'm slightly worried about my pain and my energy levels during the weekend, luckily though I have a lovely roomy. Because of this I do feel it's only fair for me to pass on my pea-shooting duties to someone who can handle it more effectively. I know that samcarterrules was always itching for the job...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              Ames, I won't be at the ball so 0 chance of dressing like a stripper there. Mayo, just FYI, 0 chance anywhere else. (well, other than the shoes of course)
              Protest all you want Canada. My mental image of you remains intact.

And sparkly;-)

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                Well I have been given the word I can go to AT6 from my doctor - very happy - even if there are restrictions. Hate restrictions! So now waiting for my email to arrive to make it official!

Now I need to find the jello and stamps for Mumsey! Which box! Oy!
                OoooH Thanks for the reminder! Forgot to ask everyone to remember to bring their used stamps (Cut them from the envelope leaving a nice border of paper round them). Hearing dogs sell them on to Dealers for the philatelists.

Mumsey
                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                  <3 aw, it's nice to be missed :-)

I think they may be working on the theory that the further forward I am, the less damage I can do. And the more eyes that can be kept on me???

I've actually not been that well at all this year and I'm slightly worried about my pain and my energy levels during the weekend, luckily though I have a lovely roomy. Because of this I do feel it's only fair for me to pass on my pea-shooting duties to someone who can handle it more effectively. I know that samcarterrules was always itching for the job...
                  *tacklehugs* Oooh! Temping...Must. Resist! Must be good or Tracy might revoc my blue shirt

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Random! I got a terms and conditions and etiquette email but not my eticket. Hummm.
                    sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                    "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                    My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                      Random! I got a terms and conditions and etiquette email but not my eticket. Hummm.
                      Gabit tweeted to say email registration if that happens They had tech issues

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Thanks!
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I got the same

Do they email everyone individually or just to the person that booked the tickets? I don't want to bother them if I don't need to

Edit: Ok, got the answer to that - sending individually
                          Last edited by Jumble; 29 October 2012, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Me too!
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

It looks as though the server thought that we were spamming and put a stop to all the tickets going out at once. Becky is beavering away trying to sort it out. Hang in there!

Kay G4
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Don't forget to fill out the seating chart, if you want

I'm in A23, pretty awesome!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X