GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by llp View Post
    Congrats on the ticket - I also left you a message on Gabit. The Abnormal Ball - is a party on Sat night about 3 hours after AT6 ends for the evening. You are suppose to come as your favorite Abnormal. Some come in costumes = others have "internal" abnormalities - therefore no costume. You are suppose to tell them at the door what your abnormality is??? There is recorded music and dancing - somewhere during the evening there is line dancing (and instructions on how to do them)!

As for TimTams - I doubt you will need a suitcase full. No one expects anyone to bring that much. If you bring a few packages - that should be okay. Much better to spend your money on donating to S4K! Welcome aboard!
    No I will definitely need a bit of that suitcase space for some actual clothes lol!!

Um so I was thinking of doing something to donate to the Auction so I'll see how I go with that as I certainly won't have any money left over to buy anything!! Anyway I am just so excited to get a ticket, just still in disbelief!!

Yes got your response on the Gabit forum thanks very much and I responded to it
    Just so happy to be getting involved!!

Thanks for explaining the Abnormals ball, that sounds like so much fun! Hopefully see you at the chocolate party too!
    WACKO!!!!

Comment

if you do have something you want to donate to the auction you should let becca know. they usually have a lot of things and may want you to save it for another auction or something., so check with becca at <[email protected]>.
      there is usually a lot of leftovers from the chocolate party, so don't bring too much. but definitely some dark chocolate ones would be nice. i won't be at the chocolate party since i'm diabetic, but i will definitely sneak a dark choc. timtam or 2.
      congratulations on being able to get a ticket. that's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by lbruce1980 View Post
        O M G!!!!!!!!!

I just sent payment off for a ticket that became available!!!!!!!!

Arrrghhh I'm coming to AT6!!

yyyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Just have to pay the person, hope it all goes through okay!!

So please tell me tell me tell me what is the abnormals party, and how many packets of Tim Tams am I bringing to the chocolate party!!!!! lol I'm thinking 1 suitcase full of them lol! I'm down on the list to come to the JTR tour so is anyone else going? OMG I'm so excited - I can't stop smiling!

I won't be posting this on my FB page though as I have decided to bring my Dad with me and suprise our UK family who are all friends on FB! They haven't seen him for 15 years!!
        Which means I get to share my good news with you guys and you guys only - I'm so excited I just had to tell someone!!

I can't believe it!!

I'm so looking forward to meeting all of you!!! Apparently there's hugs too?

See you guys in a few weeks time!!
        Congratulations for getting the ticket for AT6!

Comment

A good guide for the choc party is just bring as much as you can eat yourself. Any thing not eaten you will have to take with you
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
            if you do have something you want to donate to the auction you should let becca know. they usually have a lot of things and may want you to save it for another auction or something., so check with becca at <[email protected]>.
            there is usually a lot of leftovers from the chocolate party, so don't bring too much. but definitely some dark chocolate ones would be nice. i won't be at the chocolate party since i'm diabetic, but i will definitely sneak a dark choc. timtam or 2.
            congratulations on being able to get a ticket. that's awesome.
            Thanks for the info lame moose! I really appreciate it and sorry we won't see you at the choc party!

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
            Congratulations for getting the ticket for AT6!
            Thank you so much, really looking forward to it and to meeting everybody!

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
            A good guide for the choc party is just bring as much as you can eat yourself. Any thing not eaten you will have to take with you

Awesome then I will just bring a few packets of Tim Tams then and yes there will be dark chocolate ones!! Thanks for that
            WACKO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
              I usually wear smart trousers and some sort of dressy top. Comfy and sparkly.
              Mumsey
              Phew...I don't know why but I had it in my head that we had to wear dresses...no pants...well that may make my packing easier. Thank you.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

O M G!!!!!!!!!
                So please tell me tell me tell me what is the abnormals party, and how many packets of Tim Tams am I bringing to the chocolate party!!!!! lol I'm thinking 1 suitcase full of them lol! I'm down on the list to come to the JTR tour so is anyone else going? OMG I'm so excited - I can't stop smiling!
                I won't be posting this on my FB page though as I have decided to bring my Dad with me and suprise our UK family who are all friends on FB! They haven't seen him for 15 years!!
                Which means I get to share my good news with you guys and you guys only - I'm so excited I just had to tell someone!!
                I can't believe it!!
                Congratulations.
                Looks like I won't need to pack any Tim Tams for the chocolate party - I think a lot of Aussies are bringing them so I'll pack something else. Tho I may need to pack some for before AT6...and the vegemite!
                I think its really cool your'e bringing your dad.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ok guys, got the info for operation restock Papa's store room! Talked to Michael about what they most need- socks and undies sizes tiny (toddler tiny) to tiny (teenager tiny). Maybe some small bras. I have to keep my bag under 20 kgs so a few new and nice things would be better than emptying out drawers of stuff your kids have grown out of or something

If you do bring something, bring it to the chocolate party or track me down during the weekend
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Congratulations.
                    Looks like I won't need to pack any Tim Tams for the chocolate party - I think a lot of Aussies are bringing them so I'll pack something else. Tho I may need to pack some for before AT6...and the vegemite!
                    I think its really cool your'e bringing your dad.
                    LOL, true looks like I'll bring the Tim Tams hehe, so when and where is the chocolate party? I'm sure the info is on the forum somewhere but I wouldn't even have a clue where to start looking! Gotta have vegemite - though there is a great little place in London that sells it.. and Tim Tams!

Well flights for Dad and I booked, hotel booked, and now we're just organising a surprise party for the UK family so still trying to keep it on the quiet at the moment, but I may post on FB in the next couple of weeks or so once we have things set in place and everything is going ahead!

Looking forward to Armageddon next week too, did you want to meet up to say hi somewhere there?
                    WACKO!!!!

Comment

Looking forward to Armageddon next week too, did you want to meet up to say hi somewhere there?
                      That would be great - I'll DM you my mobile number...I will only be there for the Saturday. Not sure why I'm going tho...the only guests I am going there to see I've already met 3 times.
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                        That would be great - I'll DM you my mobile number...I will only be there for the Saturday. Not sure why I'm going tho...the only guests I am going there to see I've already met 3 times.
                        Awesome, well I decided to get Silver VIP tickets, not sure if it's worth it but I take my friend who will be in a wheelchair so it helps when pushing her around that we don't have to go to the back of the line every time! She's pretty awesome though and can push herself around quite a bit!

I'll text you once I get your DM - which guests are you referring to?
                        I have managed to get dinner tickets to TRON and Chris Heyerdahl - as I've never met him or Bruce Boxleitner before, even though I'll be meeting Bruce the night before at a special Tron 3D screening at IMAX really looking forward to that!!!
                        My friend is going to swap tables with me so we'll see how that goes! hehe just still wrapped about AT6!

Talk soon
                        WACKO!!!!

Comment

I have managed to get dinner tickets to TRON and Chris Heyerdahl - as I've never met him or Bruce Boxleitner before, even though I'll be meeting Bruce the night before at a special Tron 3D screening at IMAX really looking forward to that!!!
                          Bruce is nice. Tron 2.0 in 3D at an IMAX? Wow, that must be really impressive. Saw it on a pretty big screen but IMAX is usually bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                            Bruce is nice. Tron 2.0 in 3D at an IMAX? Wow, that must be really impressive. Saw it on a pretty big screen but IMAX is usually bigger.
                            Yeah totally looking forward to it! Bruce still looks good after all these years, loved him in B5 Big weekend coming up that's for sure!!
                            WACKO!!!!

Comment

O M G!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it!!

So glad you managed to get a ticket! You will have the best time ever!

So have been planning my abnormal ball costume today, must get something made soon before I run out of time.

Hooray for having the chocolate party again this year, must contemplate on what to bring this time.

Mumsey, I need to chat with you about something, which is best e-mail or PM? *hugs*

I was showing my carer (she's not going to AT6) the photos from AT5, she was quite impressed but couldn't quite grasp what it was all about, it is quite hard to explain to someone who has never seen anything like a con before. She only started working for me this February, so fandom is new to her. Donna and Doris, the con pro's that they are, are excited to see everyone again.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

i'll be glad to see them again too.
                                i didn't understand cons either before my 1st. i went to the one here in chicago-just a day pass and was very disappointed. all i knew about cons was from a few movies or tv shows that show a bunch of strange people dressed up in even stranger costumes acting weird. there were no costumes except for a few in military stuff. but glad i went because that's where i found out about the gabit events by talking to a few people there. went to a few cons after that because amanda was at them-and then AT4 which was way better than the other cons.

Comment

Working...
                                X