GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
    Ah - 7 days after hubby & I celebrate 19 years of wedded bliss...guess what we're getting for our anniversary.
    Does hubby know?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

For those interested in sending mail to Amanda, you can do so by sending it:

C/o Play Management
      220 - 807 Powell Street,
      Vancouver BC,
      V6A1H7
      Thanks chelle!

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
      Does hubby know?
      ...about the anniversary, or the intended gift? *quirks eyebrow*
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Does hubby know?
        Originally posted by ames View Post
        ...about the anniversary, or the intended gift? *quirks eyebrow*
        Nope & nope - well he knows we're married but I have to remind him that his sentence isn't over yet - he keeps getting time added for bad behaviour!
        Hubby isn't good with numbers when it comes to birthdays or anniversarys so that's why he says he married me...which is kinda ironic on the anniversary thing.
        He used to forget how old I was until one day he surprised me by getting my age right...and then he opened his mouth and told me he knew how old I was because I was born the same year as his truck...which at the time was a 1970 Bedford tipper.
        Thankfully I have a daughter who works in a florist so she gently reminds him about upcoming birthdays & anniversarys & organises the flowers...and I wouldn't have him any other way.
        So for our anniversary this year, I'm buying him his usual card and the season 4 Sanctuary dvds...he can either join me on the couch or go to bed alone. *born the same year as the truck...cheeky bugger*
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Nope & nope - well he knows we're married but I have to remind him that his sentence isn't over yet - he keeps getting time added for bad behaviour!
          Hubby isn't good with numbers when it comes to birthdays or anniversarys so that's why he says he married me...which is kinda ironic on the anniversary thing.
          He used to forget how old I was until one day he surprised me by getting my age right...and then he opened his mouth and told me he knew how old I was because I was born the same year as his truck...which at the time was a 1970 Bedford tipper.
          Thankfully I have a daughter who works in a florist so she gently reminds him about upcoming birthdays & anniversarys & organises the flowers...and I wouldn't have him any other way.
          So for our anniversary this year, I'm buying him his usual card and the season 4 Sanctuary dvds...he can either join me on the couch or go to bed alone. *born the same year as the truck...cheeky bugger*
          LOL! Give the guy a break, he's just using a natural connection to remember your age.

So, just booked a trip for November but not for AT6. Crazy thing is that 3 days for my nephew and I at Grey Cup is probably as expensive as another nephew and I going to London for a week!

Comment

On my way to the sticks - so I wanted to quickly pop in and wish everyone a happy & safe Easter.

HAPPY EASTER!!

Love & huggles to all. xoxo
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

LOL! Give the guy a break, he's just using a natural connection to remember your age.
              Uhm...nope - no break for the dearest...not yet anyway! Besides, making him sweat is part of the fun.
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

boy it's been quiet here for the last 2 days. life has not been fun here for a couple weeks. my mom's elec. wheelchair is broken. that means she is stuck in bed and i am the do this, do that person. not having fun. i just have to remember that in 216 days, 14 hours, 30 min + 24 sec. i will be at the cocktail party. just keep counting.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                  boy it's been quiet here for the last 2 days. life has not been fun here for a couple weeks. my mom's elec. wheelchair is broken. that means she is stuck in bed and i am the do this, do that person. not having fun. i just have to remember that in 216 days, 14 hours, 30 min + 24 sec. i will be at the cocktail party. just keep counting.
                  And don't uou forget that either! So looking forward to that and seeing everyone! Plus by then my hand will be healed and forgotten all about the pain! We both have something to put behind us.
                  sigpic

Comment

((((mocha)))) Here's a virtual Mumsey hug to keep you going. You can collect when you get here!

Mumsey
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                      And don't uou forget that either! So looking forward to that and seeing everyone! Plus by then my hand will be healed and forgotten all about the pain! We both have something to put behind us.
                      Virtual hugs from me as well.

Comment

Virtual hugs now and real hugs from me in November. Just keep swimming, swimming.

I'm a bit old for tackle hugs now though. Bit too undigni... sorry I couldn't even finish the sentence. Tackle hugs for everyone, just not in front of Becky or she will get worried thinking she has a security issue on her hands
                        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

thanks for the hugs everyone. i really need them. i managed to get hwer in her old chair today and get my nephew to drive her to church in her van and of course she got a lot of attention at church. then she got home and got her chair caught on a big throw rug and had to call the police to get her off it. got her out of the chair and then she said what a horrible day it was. -because of the rug and because my nephew didn't stay for the service with her. i feel like banging my head against a brick wall, but she'd probably complain about that too. i can't win. Lord please be with the guy delivering the parts. make him come soon and help them get it fixed and deliver it really,really soon, before i lose what little of a mind i have left.
                          thanks for letting me vent-i feel a little better.
                          i hope you all have a very blessed easter. Christ died on the cross for the sins of the world-past, present and future. even for the sin of complaining about my mother. so i know i'll be forgiven and i know that He rose from the dead and is at God's side ruling as we speak. thank you Lord for that. end of sermon.
                          happy easter all.

Comment

Having to deal with a parent that is getting old and unable to care for themselves can be a great burden. I have had many friends face that problem. So complaining here online where she can't see is probably the best thing so don't feel bad about it.
                            sigpic

Comment

You guys stuck in the middle have it hard. My parents had an "empty nest" for 2 years. Then my grandmother died and granddad moved in with them. The lease on my place was up the same week and I wasn't in the mood to find another one so they got me back too... now my brother, sister-in-law and nephew have moved in too while they get themselves sorted back in the north island.

Keeping granddad company is a full time job for mum. If he has a shower she will tear downstairs to get 20 minutes of quilting done because she just can't do it otherwise.d
                              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

(((All Gabiteers)))

Happy Easter Everyone!

215 days til AT6 Ripples!
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X