GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    i live in chicago. well, 10-12 miles west. but the cheapest flight i've seen is about $1000 rt. i think that is with taxes. then, of course, add another $100 for luggage. i've checked AA, air canada, delta,brit air and united. 2 months ago the outbound flight for AA was going for $84. but then it changed to $400something. didn't have definite dates at the time or would have taken advantage of that.
    Ah, I knew you were close but you're actually nearer to Chicago than I am. I'm about 30-45 min out depending on traffic.

Try Aer Lingus.

Also, one bag flies free (50K or less) with two allotted carry-on for international flights which is pretty much standard for most flights.

Comment

Ah Cel...our brilliant little travel guide!! You sure you don't want another career change?
      I haven't bought my plane ticket yet...have decided to put it off til after Easter. I'm looking at anywhere between $1900 - $2300 at this stage - depending on who I fly with & where I land. I was thinking of going with Qantas but with all the problems they've been having lately I'm thinking maybe not...I want to actually arrive alive! Looks like Emirates might be the way to go...maybe...I dunno yet.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I was hoping to book with Delta. I have miles that can upgrade me to Business/first. So they say we can get you to Atlanta (usual 1 stop - no choice) and switched to another plane but no upgrade on the overseas portion...all those (upgraded) tickets are gone. Really, I saw the seat chart and only one seat in business class is taken. Come on, you have to be kidding! Delta you are really screwed up! Why do you think I use that credit card...for my health! I have more miles than I need!
        sigpic

Comment

They only have so many upgrades per flight. If I had to make a guess it's one. On the other hand if they have seats available the day you fly and you don't have the rock bottom airfare they will let you upgrade. Little comfort; if I could drive I would. Don't think my car has the proper water wings

Comment

I look at your ticket prices and I shudder.
            sigpic
            Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Tickets for me right now are about $950. I would like them to go down to around $800 or less before I consider buying. Of course I won't wait until the last minute either. I would also like to fly the same airline and flights I have flown in the past since they work out so well for me

Comment

Problem is with the cost of fuel continuing to increase (very quickly) and the Olympics in London, the fares will keep increasing for some time. So if you wait, you will have to wait until around Sept or later! Don't want to cut it too short. Who amonst us is the "real" experienced flyer. Wondering what type of seats are available near the end of Sept???? Don't want a middle seat! I am so use to having mileage, but not many miles anymore! So going to have to lay out real money for this flight!
                sigpic

Comment

Might start swimming now.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
                    Problem is with the cost of fuel continuing to increase (very quickly) and the Olympics in London, the fares will keep increasing for some time. So if you wait, you will have to wait until around Sept or later! Don't want to cut it too short. Who amonst us is the "real" experienced flyer. Wondering what type of seats are available near the end of Sept???? Don't want a middle seat! I am so use to having mileage, but not many miles anymore! So going to have to lay out real money for this flight!
                    It really depends on where you are flying from and what airline you are using. My last trip to London I booked my flight two weeks before I flew and had aisle seats for all legs of the trip which is what I prefer. Also days of the week you fly will make a difference. Flying mid week flights are less crowded than weekends. Because I have to wait until August to request my days off from work I will wait until then to book a flight.
                    My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      I'll join you as you paddle past Oz!
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Well first I have a long walk across the US then the swim!
                        sigpic

Comment

You either need a travel agent, crystal ball and/or a winning lottery ticket.

Comment

Totally unrelated to Gabit or flights, but...

Can anyone tell me (in language fit for an idiot) how to put an avatar on here?

Comment

Originally posted by MayoGate View Post
                              Totally unrelated to Gabit or flights, but...

Can anyone tell me (in language fit for an idiot) how to put an avatar on here?
                              Go to My Controls. Find Edit Avatar on the left hand side. Choose your avatar and then click Save Changes at the bottom. You can't have your own avatar until you've made over 2000 posts, so you have to use one of the ones GW provides

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                I'll join you as you paddle past Oz!
                                Well first I have a long walk across the US then the swim!
                                Enjoying all the inventive ways you have to get to London.

I have to wait on my flight plans until I know if I will have company. Won't know that for sure for a bit. It does relieve the stress of worrying about booking now v. later--I have no choice but to wait.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X