GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Hmm, okay. Might have to rethink the day we fly back home then cos originally it was a Sunday or Monday. Think we were looking at flying out Thursday night though so all good there.

Wish I had more air miles saved up. I'm just 2000 short from getting an upgrade to first class for one of the flights. Leg room would have been soooo sweet to have.
    You need to check, but many airlines won't let you just upgrade one leg of a trip. You have to do all or none.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
      Hmm, okay. Might have to rethink the day we fly back home then cos originally it was a Sunday or Monday. Think we were looking at flying out Thursday night though so all good there.

Wish I had more air miles saved up. I'm just 2000 short from getting an upgrade to first class for one of the flights. Leg room would have been soooo sweet to have.
      You may want to check with your frequent flyer program and see if you can buy the miles needed. I did that once with United needed less than 500 miles and you can buy miles in 500 increments with United. Buying the miles I needed was less than paying for the first class upgrade one way.
      My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
        You need to check, but many airlines won't let you just upgrade one leg of a trip. You have to do all or none.
        Even if each flight is booked individually? I found it cheaper that way, at least for now, so thought perhaps on the way there or back we could sit in luxury and stretch out a bit. With the much fluffier pillows and blankets.

Originally posted by tsaxlady View Post
        You may want to check with your frequent flyer program and see if you can buy the miles needed. I did that once with United needed less than 500 miles and you can buy miles in 500 increments with United. Buying the miles I needed was less than paying for the first class upgrade one way.
        Yeah, I saw that option. If I don't qualify we may pool our money and see if we can afford to do it on top of everything else. Definitely something to consider. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
          Rderoch- you bite?

As for me starting it- clearly I look up to my Aunty Eh-T. Taught me everything I know. Nods.
          Oy! I'm not taking personal responsibility for that.

I thought I changed the subject! I expect some comment from the G4 any moment pointing out this is not the Gabit way!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

So, I tell a story about inappropriate pasta and the thread goes wild. I try to bring things back to a more appropriate topic and.....nothing. What does that tell you?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
              So, I tell a story about inappropriate pasta and the thread goes wild. I try to bring things back to a more appropriate topic and.....nothing. What does that tell you?
              It tells me that, knowing the Gabiteers here as well as you do, you should have thought twice before telling that story

Comment

EH-T you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comment

That's quite enough of that!

Comment

What is this appropriate you speak of?
                    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*Wheels in & waves*

Hahaha!! You guys are awesome!

*hugs EH-T* Hehehe!!

So, myself, Donna and Doris are planning to go into London on the Friday of AT6, it'll be mine and Donna's first time seeing things, so any suggestions of where we should visit?

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        *Wheels in & waves*
                        *hugs EH-T* Hehehe!!
                        So, myself, Donna and Doris are planning to go into London on the Friday of AT6, it'll be mine and Donna's first time seeing things, so any suggestions of where we should visit?
                        Julia(samcarterrules)
                        If you go on the London Eye you get a birdseye view of London. Well worth the trip.
                        Also, if you can get to Trafalgar Square, that's pretty nice...and Westminster Abbey.
                        I'm planning on seeing Buckingham Palace when I get there next time...maybe take a stroll down Pall Mall to get there. And the Ripper tour.
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

vote for amanda and sanctuary for peoples choice awards <http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/>

Comment

*Wheels in & waves*

*hugs EH-T* Hehehe!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                            I don't know the schedule, but if the Queen isn't around and it's available - Buckingham Palace is quite fascinating. The Tower of London and all the jewelry and crowns is cool. The portrait galery is interesting - about 1/3 or so is the royal family but the rest is people like the Beatles, famous actors, etc. Of course people watching is great. High Tea at Harrads. There are the churches....so many things to see. First time there I took a "1/2 day tour which takes you to many of the places but only for shorter visits, but a great way to see things and some of the busses are setup for wheels! Just have to check. Depends on what you want to do. I've been to London many times and still see things I've never seen before. Plus the suggestions made by others as well. The 1/2 day tour may be your best bet.
                            sigpic

Comment

*Wheels in & waves*

*hugs EH-T* Hehehe!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              Will you be in town on the Thursday for our trip to a musical, or are you arriving on the Friday?
                              If you want to see oodles of stuff but not spend a lot of time at many of them, I recommend the red-bus tour. It covers a sizeable portion of London, and you can actually hop on and off as you desire.

I found the London Eye experience definitely depended on who was in the bubble with you
                              Our beefeater/tourguide at the Tower was awesome, but I personally thought the jewels themselves weren't really worth all the climbing of stairs -- you're going to want to check out what is easily accessible before making any decisions!

Mme Toussaud's was cool, but it's an insanely long queue. Same with the London Dungeons.
                              The Ripper walk was informative, and the group who went was fun - it's all in the company you keep!

I personally love the (FREE) museums, and going to a live show or two (sadly, not free ) ... then again, I've been there a few times. Hopefully this time around I can go into Buckingham palace -- although wandering around the Canada Gate there is cool too Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah - so much to do, so little time!
                              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                              ames on facebook
                              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Julia, like everyone has said, there is soo much to do and see! I'd suggest first finding out what is easily accessible and then perhaps going from there. I'd hate to suggest something that I loved without realizing how hard it might be for you to either get there or see it.

You might like to check this link out: Accessible London

It seems to have quite a few suggestions and if you go to the second link on the page (A-Z Accessible London Guides) the links will take you alphabetically through the major tourist sites around London and how easy they are to get into.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
                                X