GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mocha;

Are you still planning on going to see Chris on Saturday? Registration starts at 9:30AM so I hope to be there before 9:00AM. I see from the schedule they are not doing autographs until 6:00PM. It will be a very late night I'm thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Trindajae View Post
      That was a good joke. I don't have very many formal jokes I tell (I make so many mistakes that are funny afterward that I mostly tell stories instead), but that's one of the two jokes and the only lawyer joke I tell. And yes, Eh-T, I generally like lawyers. I've met you, so how could I categorically dislike them when the group includes you?
      Some of my best friends are lawyers and they are very nice.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      4 days til we get the date....yay!!!

I'll be at home for the announcement...my shoulder injury looks to be a lot worse than first thought so I'm off work indefinitely at this stage...lucky I filled out an incident report so it's covered by workcover. Bugger is that I really didn't want more time off work. Good things is I have some wicked kick a$$ pain killers now...yay!!
      Shoulder injury? When did that happen? I'm not getting all my memos! Hope you are better soon. ((Chelle))

Originally posted by ames View Post
      I feel like a bad fan ... I remember Amanda talking about her friend, the lawyer, and I very much remember the bitter thing ... but what was the lawyer joke again? *too tired to attempt wracking of brain atm*

Chelle - hope you get better soon hon!!! *gentle hugs* Killer pain meds can be fun, just watch that they're not also addictive. I didn't understand how someone could get addicted to prescription pain meds until the ER doc put me on hydromorphone (which is in the heroin family, I later discovered) -- I started on them Monday night, and by the time my family doc confiscated them from me on Thurs am, I was already hooked. Believe me, I was not a happy camper on the replacement meds, and I don't relish the thought of doing that rollercoaster again any time soon!

Talked to my new boss about booking time off for AT6. He said I'd have to wait and submit my request with everyone else at the end of April ... so I won't find out if I get the desired time off until the beginning of May. Sigh ... I'm still planning on buying my ticket straight away, of course, but won't be able to firmly plan excursions and/or pick up flights until then - just in case I need to make it into just a weekend adventure instead!
      I'll post it when I have time (or anyone else can feel free to do so).

Will keep my fingers crossed regarding your time off (they may be a bit cramped by May though )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
        Mocha;

Are you still planning on going to see Chris on Saturday? Registration starts at 9:30AM so I hope to be there before 9:00AM. I see from the schedule they are not doing autographs until 6:00PM. It will be a very late night I'm thinking.
        i sent you a pm . i plan to go sat. doubt i'll make it before 9:30. have to get mom and the doggy ready for the day. when you get your ticket , will you by me one if they say they are limited? then i'll be sure i find you before going to the registration area. i'll hang out near the same door we entered last time(from the parking lot). yes, it will be a long day. look forward to it tho. see you ~9:30.

Comment

Mumsey, sent pictures to the ask the G4 e-mail address.

Ames, here is the joke (not word for word but the gist of what AT told):

Lawyer meets Saint Peter at the pearly gates and claims there has been a mistake, he has been taken before his time. Saint Peter checks the list and says "no, it is your time". The lawyer says "but I'm only 54". Saint Peter says "we have you down as 80". Lawyer: "how can that be?" Saint Peter checks again and says "oh, we added up your billable hours"

Hey, is this the weekend of the wedding? Happy wedding wishes to Becka, Julia, Peter and all the G4 family.

Comment

Mocha:

Didn't get the PM??? Anyway, I'll pick up a day ticket for you. I figure I'll be able to find you; how many people can be running around on a red scooter

See you tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the albums.

Comment

Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
              Mocha:

Didn't get the PM??? Anyway, I'll pick up a day ticket for you. I figure I'll be able to find you; how many people can be running around on a red scooter

See you tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the albums.
              i hope there won't be too many on scooters. i can earn more points if i'm the only one running people down.
              sent the pm thru the gabit forum. see you soon.

Comment

Creation or Gabit thread?

Will be thinking of you Julia and family on this much anticipated day! Have a blast!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  Mumsey, sent pictures to the ask the G4 e-mail address.

Ames, here is the joke (not word for word but the gist of what AT told):

Lawyer meets Saint Peter at the pearly gates and claims there has been a mistake, he has been taken before his time. Saint Peter checks the list and says "no, it is your time". The lawyer says "but I'm only 54". Saint Peter says "we have you down as 80". Lawyer: "how can that be?" Saint Peter checks again and says "oh, we added up your billable hours"

Hey, is this the weekend of the wedding? Happy wedding wishes to Becka, Julia, Peter and all the G4 family.
                  Oh yes, now I remember! Thanks Eh-T

To the G4 family, best wishes for the festivities, and for many years beyond! *bouncey hugs*
                  ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                  ames on facebook
                  ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Shoulder injury? When did that happen? I'm not getting all my memos! Hope you are better soon. ((Chelle))
                    Thank you. I hurt my shoulder at work last year...it's been gradually getting worse. They suspect a torn rotator cuff but will know more after the scan on Monday. Hoping to get back to work asap. New meds are brilliant, allowing me to sleep through the night.
                    I second this motion...happy wedding weekend to Julia & co...and of course especially to the bride herself. Have a fabulous day. xoxo
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hi everyone,

Longtime no post again, I'm sorry about that, you know when you think you've got lots of time and then it runs away from you, that is the story of my months off I think LOL.

I've been loving reading everyone's memories from past events, so I thought if it's OK I would add a few of my own. In no particular order because I'm hopeless at remembering which memory happened at which event LOL.

So here goes,
                      Meeting Amanda for the very first time of course has to be right up there with the best, this was at AT2 even though I had missed most of the weekend and was very sick I still remember her walking towards me and not quite believing my eyes! At that same event, the very first time I met the G4 they were all so very lovely and most of all from AT2 I think I will always remember the feeling of walking in to the main hall for the very first time on the Sunday afternoon, it is like walking in to a blanket of love that literally wraps itself around you. Even though I was only there for are a very short time, this was the lasting memory I came away with.

Meeting online friends many of which for the first time, Eve, Cel, Hannah, Ames. As well as meeting many many more people who I had become friends with online there are so many that I can't name everyone here. Eating blue jello for the first time. Getting a hug from Mumsey. Chatting with Becky and telling her how much it meant for me to be at another event, hanging out in the lobby is probably one of the best parts of the weekend. Seeing the hearing dogs and playing with the puppies. Going to the pub around the corner. The walk back to the hotel With Ames when she told me the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, I can't repeat it here but I almost crashed my chair I was laughing so hard. Sitting with EH-T and chatting as she showed me some really cool photos. Going to the cocktail party, finding my table and charm, trying to talk to Amanda without crying.

Reaching one of my lifetime goals. The first time I on duty at the door of the main hall as a steward, I'm very pound of my blue hoody and T shirt. The very first time every one at the disco made room for me to dance on the dance floor, I felt so included that night it was amazing! The auction, this was a true experience and something I had never expected, the fun, excitement, noise, emotion, the bucket run, so amazing and inspiring! Being given gifts by people. Being 'attacked' be a body as I walked into the Ren, discovering body leaping on me was Neep lol. Giving Neep and Chelle the bears, getting Ives from Julia, and Fuchsia and I going around letting people hug him to raise more money for charity, this is the best GABIT moment for me, I loved it! Fuchs and I showing everyone that everyone can be a ripple, it was so empowering to me!

I'm sorry I kinda got carried away hehe!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                        Hi everyone,

Longtime no post again, I'm sorry about that, you know when you think you've got lots of time and then it runs away from you, that is the story of my months off I think LOL.

I've been loving reading everyone's memories from past events, so I thought if it's OK I would add a few of my own. In no particular order because I'm hopeless at remembering which memory happened at which event LOL.

So here goes,
                        Meeting Amanda for the very first time of course has to be right up there with the best, this was at AT2 even though I had missed most of the weekend and was very sick I still remember her walking towards me and not quite believing my eyes! At that same event, the very first time I met the G4 they were all so very lovely and most of all from AT2 I think I will always remember the feeling of walking in to the main hall for the very first time on the Sunday afternoon, it is like walking in to a blanket of love that literally wraps itself around you. Even though I was only there for are a very short time, this was the lasting memory I came away with.

Meeting online friends many of which for the first time, Eve, Cel, Hannah, Ames. As well as meeting many many more people who I had become friends with online there are so many that I can't name everyone here. Eating blue jello for the first time. Getting a hug from Mumsey. Chatting with Becky and telling her how much it meant for me to be at another event, hanging out in the lobby is probably one of the best parts of the weekend. Seeing the hearing dogs and playing with the puppies. Going to the pub around the corner. The walk back to the hotel With Ames when she told me the funniest thing I've heard in a long time, I can't repeat it here but I almost crashed my chair I was laughing so hard. Sitting with EH-T and chatting as she showed me some really cool photos. Going to the cocktail party, finding my table and charm, trying to talk to Amanda without crying.

Reaching one of my lifetime goals. The first time I on duty at the door of the main hall as a steward, I'm very pound of my blue hoody and T shirt. The very first time every one at the disco made room for me to dance on the dance floor, I felt so included that night it was amazing! The auction, this was a true experience and something I had never expected, the fun, excitement, noise, emotion, the bucket run, so amazing and inspiring! Being given gifts by people. Being 'attacked' be a body as I walked into the Ren, discovering body leaping on me was Neep lol. Giving Neep and Chelle the bears, getting Ives from Julia, and Fuchsia and I going around letting people hug him to raise more money for charity, this is the best GABIT moment for me, I loved it! Fuchs and I showing everyone that everyone can be a ripple, it was so empowering to me!

I'm sorry I kinda got carried away hehe!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        Well said. I love your description of walking into the main hall. Really what all these memories boil down to is a wonderful feeling that one gets from these events. We are a diverse group of people from all over the world and for a few days every 18 months or so we all come together in a festival of love, kindness and generosity that in unrivaled anywhere. I think that each time I go away a better person for having been at a Gabit event.

Comment

I love reading all of these memories ... especially as they continue to jog more of my own!

Julia, I'm still sorry about delivering the punchline as we were attempting to cross the street ... rather poor timing on my part - but the look on your face as you tried to keep breathing around the laughter, now that was priceless. Then again, so were the looks on D&D's faces when you just about took a header at the curb (For Health & Safety reasons, I am no longer allowed to talk while crossing a motorway, just in case )

I agree Eh-T, I feel so re-energised and ready to tackle the world (and RL, of course) again after spending time with all ya'll ... knowing what can be accomplished with all the money and good will we've brought together for worthy causes, and feeing inspired to continue to be a ripple - I've said it before and I"m sure I'll repeat it many times in the future: GABIT gatherings are good for the soul!
                          ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                          ames on facebook
                          ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Everyone has Harry Potter for their ranks, but I'm still a Colonel.

ETA: Never mind! Transfiguration!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

you rank doesn't change until you post something....and it'll be the same changing back
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                you rank doesn't change until you post something....and it'll be the same changing back
                                What, we are going to loose are Harry Potter creds! Not fair!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X