• Show
Clear All

2 days til we get the date....yay!!
    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Everyone has Harry Potter for their ranks, but I'm still a Colonel.

ETA: Never mind! Transfiguration!
      Check out your green status as well - apparently not only am I a herbology teacher, I also train quidditch players - go me!
      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
      ames on facebook
      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Ooooh, I'm a keeper of a horcrux!
        Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
          Check out your green status as well - apparently not only am I a herbology teacher, I also train quidditch players - go me!
          How do you check out ones "green status" - not sure how to do that!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
            How do you check out ones "green status" - not sure how to do that!
            The green marks over the avatars- hover your mouse cursor over them.
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
              The green marks over the avatars- hover your mouse cursor over them.
              Thanks Neep - I work at Gringott's - not sure what that is??? Does anyone remember?

Ah, just looked it up - Gringotts Wizarding Bank is the only known bank of the wizarding world and it is operated primarily by goblins - but I'm not a goblin so I guess I work for goblins!

Love it!
              Last edited by llp; 20 August 2011, 11:07 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to the date announcement on tuesday! I hope it'll be a good date (for me and everyone else who wants to go!).

Eeeeee ..... *excited*

EDIT: why do some signatures not work?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                  I'm looking forward to the date announcement on tuesday! I hope it'll be a good date (for me and everyone else who wants to go!).

Eeeeee ..... *excited*

EDIT: why do some signatures not work?
                  You need to upload them on GW... I think.
                  sigpic
                  Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    We are a diverse group of people from all over the world and for a few days every 18 months or so we all come together in a festival of love, kindness and generosity that is unrivaled anywhere. I think that each time I go away a better person for having been at a Gabit event.
                    That's a very accurate way to put it. I get really run down by my job sometimes and I can feel my worldview start to change into something negative. The Gabit events are about as good for the spirit as playing in a pile of puppies. Then you add in the fact that there are literal puppies to play with at the events and you get a double-dose of warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Edit: I'm a house elf?!? If I get to be friends with Dobby, that's cool. Otherwise, I think I'll need to start a revolt...

Comment

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
                      You need to upload them on GW... I think.
                      Ah, thanks. I just saw the thread about this.
                      I guess no longer a 'how old is Milou' signature for me. Back to an old Amanda siggie ... makes me happy too
                      sigpic

Comment

Trin's talking of puppies brings to mind another memory. I love watching the Hearing Dogs. Not only are they adorable but it amazing what they can do. I bought the cutest Hearing Dogs tea towel for my mother and have never seen her use it. I suspect she thinks it is too adorable to actually use.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

anybody remember how long it was between date announcement and ticket purchase for the last event? just curious.

i was at a creation con yesterday in chicago and i was reminded of the vast difference between their events and gabit events. granted they are for mass groups and a large amount of guests, but it is just 2 different worlds. pat and i were discussing how much longer those events would go on. their final one in vancouver is, i think, april of 2012. the attendance at this one was definitely not as big as last year. but i was surprised when ben browder asked people who were at their 1st con to raise their hands, it was almost a 3rd of the crowd. we saw ben, chris judge, paul mc gillion, rex zahara, and kavan smith. saw david deluise wandering around the room a few times. there were only 3 vendors there. but pat and i had fun. waiting from 6:50 till 10:33 for an autograph was NOT fun.

Comment

[QUOTE]
                            Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                            anybody remember how long it was between date announcement and ticket purchase for the last event? just curious.
                            I can barely remember yesterday!

i was at a creation con yesterday in chicago and i was reminded of the vast difference between their events and gabit events. granted they are for mass groups and a large amount of guests, but it is just 2 different worlds. pat and i were discussing how much longer those events would go on. their final one in vancouver is, i think, april of 2012. the attendance at this one was definitely not as big as last year. but i was surprised when ben browder asked people who were at their 1st con to raise their hands, it was almost a 3rd of the crowd. we saw ben, chris judge, paul mc gillion, rex zahara, and kavan smith. saw david deluise wandering around the room a few times. there were only 3 vendors there. but pat and i had fun. waiting from 6:50 till 10:33 for an autograph was NOT fun.
                            *sigh* How was CJ? Was there any explanation for why he had to leave Vancouver?

Did they actually say that their last SG con would be next year in Vancouver?

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                              Mumsey, sent pictures to the ask the G4 e-mail address.

Ames, here is the joke (not word for word but the gist of what AT told):

Lawyer meets Saint Peter at the pearly gates and claims there has been a mistake, he has been taken before his time. Saint Peter checks the list and says "no, it is your time". The lawyer says "but I'm only 54". Saint Peter says "we have you down as 80". Lawyer: "how can that be?" Saint Peter checks again and says "oh, we added up your billable hours"

Hey, is this the weekend of the wedding? Happy wedding wishes to Becka, Julia, Peter and all the G4 family.
                              Received them thanks. Great memories.

Yes the wedding was on Saturday. A great day. Becka looked stunning and Carl very dapper in his morning suit. Julia and Peter were justifiably very proud parents of the bride. A great time was had at the reception and the evening disco went on until 1am. There were one or two sore heads at breakfast this morning!

Mumsey
                              For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                                Received them thanks. Great memories.

Yes the wedding was on Saturday. A great day. Becka looked stunning and Carl very dapper in his morning suit. Julia and Peter were justifiably very proud parents of the bride. A great time was had at the reception and the evening disco went on until 1am. There were one or two sore heads at breakfast this morning!

Mumsey
                                Ah, Carl, couldn't remember his name. Glad to hear a great time was had by all. Was your head one of the sore ones Mumsey?

Comment

Working...
                                X