No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magnus can't read He definitely knows English though. He jumps up with excitement when anyone says car, walk, banana (his favourite food), cat or birds.
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

I took a horseback riding class last summer and had to learn how to tell a horse "quit" with authority... I promptly came home and taught it to my cats. Rory hasn't had "quit" lessons yet, though, because he's still unsure about me. He came from the shelter with an ear infection, so his first experiences of me haven't all been pleasant. I'd rather not try to add any discipline until after he stops spending two hours or more a day hiding under the couch for fear I'm going to grab him and dribble medication in his ears.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
        Arrrrggggh! Someone let my dog outside to run through the wet grass, and now he has crawled back into bed. Brrr. A little wet icicle. That's quite enough of that, puppy!
        Soggy doggy!

Mumsey
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Soggy doggy!

Mumsey
          Funny you should say that... right now he is licking the sole of my foot and it's very soggy.
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

If you want someone to puppy-sit, send him over. I could use the company and I'm suuure the bosses won't mind if I have him under my desk...

Sigh. The new computer program we have at work isn't that bad, but I really miss the time (last week) when I didn't suck at my job. If anybody knows any good jokes, now would be a good time to volunteer them.

Comment

Having a very mini Gabit reunion this weekend. <3 feeling very huggy. I miss that. It's a wonderful thing. *drops in random hugs to Gabiteers*
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post

Only you can flash the badge with true authority.
                Originally posted by ames View Post
                ...she has a point, you know. *nods authoritatively*
                I'm not so sure of that. It seems to be losing its power.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Having a very mini Gabit reunion this weekend. <3 feeling very huggy. I miss that. It's a wonderful thing. *drops in random hugs to Gabiteers*
                Nice. Enjoy!

There was the odd gabiteer at the Vancouver con. (interpret that whichever way you like )

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

There was the odd gabiteer at the Vancouver con. (interpret that whichever way you like )
                  add several.....

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

1. Nice. Enjoy!

2. There was the oDdd gabiteer at the Vancouver con. (interpret that whichever way you like )
                    1. I am. Good times.

2. Heh.
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

*Wheels in*

Happy Easter Gabiteers!!!

*wheels out again*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Right back at ya Julia!!
                        Happy Easter everyone. xo
                        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

ANZAC day tomorrow... The Australia and New Zealand Army Corp fought in Gallipoli in Turkey in World War I, but is now a shared National remembrance day for all military service and losses in both countries. It's a serious and sombre day, but this year everyone is feeling a bit ripped off because it happens to fall on Easter Monday which is a holiday anyway. Australian workers get Tuesday off to make up for it, but not New Zealanders.

I have decided there is no point being bitter, since for years we have had a day of on Queen's Birthday, and not even the English get that.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

If it makes you feel better we get nothing. Since Easter is a religious holiday it's not a mandated day off. Worked Friday. Will work tomorrow. The only bonus I get is if I want to buy half priced candy tomorrow.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Pity you don't get a day off for ANZAC day Neep...Easter doesn't usually fall this late in the year so for us it's not something we get often but I have to work anyway so this year I get 3 days of holiday pay...can't knock that back even though I am coming down with a cold. We also have a public holiday for the Queens birthday in June even though her birthday isn't in June.
                              ANZAC day for me reminds me of how lucky we are to have great neighbours and how wonderful it is to have great allies.
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                If it makes you feel better we get nothing. Since Easter is a religious holiday it's not a mandated day off. Worked Friday. Will work tomorrow. The only bonus I get is if I want to buy half priced candy tomorrow.
                                Really?? For most people Good Friday is a public holiday, as is Easter Sunday, Easter Monday and now Tuesday in lieu of ANZAC day falling on Easter Monday. Though having said that the shops are still open but they open late and close early, and of course there are those like the police and those in the hospitality and medical industries that have to work, but we get double time and a half pay...and then of course the downside is that while I'm working, my hubby, kids, mother, brothers & cousins are camping out around a lovely cozy fire...though on the other side of it, it is going to be a cold night so I have the ducted heating on...cozy and warm here too.

Just did a quick count...we get at least 10 public holidays each year...could be more but that's the ones I know of off the top of my head at this moment.
                                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Working...
                                X