GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
    Ah yes AT3, I remember our first meeting, both of us being Canadian swooped in on Rderoch who was wearing a T-shirt that said "I survived Canada"...What a way to break the ice
    But it was the beginning of a wonderful friendship.

Right now I'm just trying to survive our latest storm. Waiting patiently for the plow to go by so I can shovel the end of the driveway before it turns into a mound of ice. Did you get hit by this one? They're already calling for more snow on Friday.
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

*gives Laurie a huge squeeze*
      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        But it was the beginning of a wonderful friendship.

Right now I'm just trying to survive our latest storm. Waiting patiently for the plow to go by so I can shovel the end of the driveway before it turns into a mound of ice. Did you get hit by this one? They're already calling for more snow on Friday.
        Yes I did, but I'm dug out....good luck finding the end of your driveway
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Rderoch:

We got the storm. I soooo love freezing rain. The plow came through left a berm of frozen ice. Fortunately the downstairs 20 somethings dug out the drive way. I do so love those guys!

On another note I want to thank everyone who contributed pictures and comments about AT5. It was almost like being there. Thank you again.

Comment

*squishy huggles Laurie*

Because, you know, it's the Woohoo way.

FYI, anyone interested in joining the woohoos? It's a really, really tough club to get into. I mean, you just need to smile a lot, hug an awful lot, run around nekkid (virtually or, uh, otherwise as we've been told) and smoke a little broccoli. That's broccoli not Broccoli the chick... long long story. yeah... soo sooooo tough!

Loving all the con reports, people. I'm still catching up reading them but I'm going to save every one of them. Hmm, perhaps we need a master list fo con reports somewhere to refer back to?

*huggles Julia* if you are reading. I'm very sorry to hear about your fur baby. I know our pets are as much a part of our homes and our hearts as any other loved one. How incredibly brave of you to come back and carry one despite your heartbreak.

... And, because I am a woohoo and have been deftly taught the art of hugging but the very best *winks at Jumble* .... *huggles Gabiteers*
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              *squishy huggles Laurie*

Because, you know, it's the Woohoo way.

FYI, anyone interested in joining the woohoos? It's a really, really tough club to get into. I mean, you just need to smile a lot, hug an awful lot, run around nekkid (virtually or, uh, otherwise as we've been told) and smoke a little broccoli. That's broccoli not Broccoli the chick... long long story. yeah... soo sooooo tough!
              Heh. Don't listen to her. If they'll take me, they'll take anyone. Just sayin.
              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Of course we took you MOB; you have the awesomest hugs!

Oh I forgot the most important thing to need to be a Woohoo; have an appreciation for the many, um, talents (yes, yes, we'll call it "talents") of the wonderful Martin Wood. It's so NOT about the hands. It really isn't.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Of course we took you MOB; you have the awesomest hugs!

Oh I forgot the most important thing to need to be a Woohoo; have an appreciation for the many, um, talents (yes, yes, we'll call it "talents") of the wonderful Martin Wood. It's so NOT about the hands. It really isn't.
                  I'm just sad I have to wait until AT6 to smoosh you again.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    That is so kind of you to say. Based on that, I am sure you will fit in at AT6 just fine.

I started off lurking as well and wasn't until AT3 that I jumped in. Keep hanging around as the thread continues to be active between AT events. I expect speculation to start about the date of AT6 any time now.
                    Well, thank you. Sometimes, I'm afraid not to fit in, but this weekend seems so full of... everything! that I find myself not caring that the first time I would go to London, I wouldn't even have money to visit. It's like the con and all of you would be enough. Is that normal? o.ô

And guys, hugs are really your way, right? On my second post here, I feel like hugging LLP because her post just made me smile a lot! And I don't even know her! So full of emotions. *hugs*
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Yes I did, but I'm dug out....good luck finding the end of your driveway
                      Originally posted by starsong101 View Post
                      Rderoch:

We got the storm. I soooo love freezing rain. The plow came through left a berm of frozen ice. Fortunately the downstairs 20 somethings dug out the drive way. I do so love those guys!

On another note I want to thank everyone who contributed pictures and comments about AT5. It was almost like being there. Thank you again.
                      Still waiting on the plow. You just KNOW they'll come by in the middle of the night. I'll just have to floor it and fly over the mound. (I once got my car stuck at the end of the driveway on one of those mounds. The back tires were up in the air. Now that was fun. )

I need to get me some of those twentysomethings! At least this year I did get myself an electric snow blower. So far, it's worked like a champ. Very glad to have it with snow like this. In the spots where I did have to shovel, I had to do three scoops per spot. Very heavy snow.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

I must check my glasses; I could have sworn this was the Gabit thread and not an admiration society of one certain group that attended. Apparently things have changed since the first two AT events.
                        Last edited by Kliggins; 21 February 2011, 07:54 PM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Ah yes AT3, I remember our first meeting, both of us being Canadian swooped in on Rderoch who was wearing a T-shirt that said "I survived Canada"...What a way to break the ice
                          LOL
                          Loved those T-shirts. When I first saw them I wondered what had happened. Never got to ask them but Anke did.

Comment

Just heard there was an earthquake in New Zealand. Hope Neep and family are OK.

Hugs to all. And hope everything settles down quickly.

From another earthquake prone area--Northwest USA--the last one was a doozy in 2001.

Donamac

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                              Hugs to all. And hope everything settles down quickly.
                              From another earthquake prone area--Northwest USA--the last one was a doozy in 2001.
                              Donamac
                              I heard about it when Ryan Robbins tweeted...it's been on the tv all afternnon...very sad.
                              Our thoughts & prayers are with everyone in Christchurch. xo
                              Hope all NZ GW'ers are safe. xo
                              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ditto. Anybody know what part of NZ she's from?

I was in school with a Californian teacher who thought it was no big deal because it didn't feel stronger than a 4. After the building stopped swaying, all us students looked around at each other & wondered silently if we should hit her over the head and take her with us as we evacuated. She'd just stood up to continue teaching as if it was no big deal, but we were all remembering that we were in a 100-year-old building made with unreinforced masonry, and the ceiling had falling down in the math wing three years before for no reason. We didn't want to find out what would collapse if the ground started seriously moving. Happily, school security poked his head in an informed her that we all needed to go outside in case it was a pre-shock and not the main event.

And that wasn't our most recent one that got felt. (I'm ignoring the strong ones that are so far below ground that we can't feel them, even if they do break 5 or 6.) I seem to remember another one around a 3.5 or something in 2003 or 2004. Nobody much cared because there was only minor property damage, though. The only reason I felt it was because I was on the third floor of one of the university's classroom buildings and we could feel the building sway. It's part of why I'm terrified of high-rise buildings. I really prefer not to be above the 8th or so floor if I can help it; forget the 35th or 40th.

Earthquakes and volcanoes are the things I have nightmares about, and this one in NZ doesn't sound fun at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X