GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
    there is curling on tv this week and last. hasn't been on for a while. i have to look up the rules again on google. i can't remember how the scoring works. haven't seen any since the olympics.
    I'd explain but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to post it due to length.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Quick run down-

Points are arbitrary and the scoreboard is just some drunk guy playing with a deck of cards. Oh, and watch out for those biters
    If I ever go curling again in England you are soooo coming along.

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
    Just dropping in to say hi. I am keeping up with the thread and all of you going through difficulties are in my thoughts. *hugs*

Did y'all see Amanda's message on the S4K website? *cough* EH-T/Laurie *cough*

xoxo
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Just dropping in to say hi. I am keeping up with the thread and all of you going through difficulties are in my thoughts. *hugs*

xoxo
      Oh I saw it - I'm checking my bank balance as we speak

Comment

Hello all! Just dropping in with some news. Today I started at my new job. Yay! After 18 months of unemployment I am back in IT. While not ideal, it is good money and should hopefully give me the means to head in a better direction.

And of course they announce a new auction. I am so tempted. I think the new computer can wait a bit...

Comment

congratulations! employment is one of those necessary evils. the auction is very tempting, but for me, not very practicle since i just got a dragon con ticket and hotel reservations and plane ticket. that kinda wiped me out for a while. hope they have another on in the not too distant future.

Comment

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the hugs, thoughts and messages, you guys are the best! *hugs thread*

xoxo
            I saw it too, was awesome to read!!
            Originally posted by antoa View Post
            Hello all! Just dropping in with some news. Today I started at my new job. Yay! After 18 months of unemployment I am back in IT. While not ideal, it is good money and should hopefully give me the means to head in a better direction.

And of course they announce a new auction. I am so tempted. I think the new computer can wait a bit...
            Huge congrats antoa!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Congrats antoa on the new job.

I'll be very interested to see what will be up for auction on the sanctuaryforkids website...particularly the item that Amanda said she's held on to for years. As a regular donor though, I may not be able to do much else then watch...but we'll see..still waiting for hubby's taxes to get finalised so I can get a back pay of family tax payment...which I have to use to get the car serviced first...then we'll see what's left to play with.
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey, you were working for a few weeks back in Feb. That don't count?

Kidding. Congrats on the new employment! Make lots of money.

Comment

Congrats! Great news.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  Congrats antoa on the new job.

I'll be very interested to see what will be up for auction on the sanctuaryforkids website...particularly the item that Amanda said she's held on to for years. As a regular donor though, I may not be able to do much else then watch...but we'll see..still waiting for hubby's taxes to get finalised so I can get a back pay of family tax payment...which I have to use to get the car serviced first...then we'll see what's left to play with.
                  Not to mention saving for AT6.

Interesting timing that they always do an April auction. Not the best timing for many as it is tax time. Maybe they are aiming for the refund crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    Not to mention saving for AT6.
                    Oh that's always happening. I have a tin now that can't be opened unless I use a can opener plus my AT4 account is still activated at the bank so money goes into that every 2 weeks...just have to stop dipping into it. But yeah, saving for AT6 has steeped up a notch.
                    And just to make things interesting, I can't take time off from work without pay unless approved by the big boss first...so no more time off unless absolutely necessary...or I lose holiday time accrued. Thus far I have over a month accrued holiday leave but I have 2 days leave this weekend and another 3 days in May for a family reunion.
                    Still no AT6 dates...have to keep mother apprised of the dates as soon as we now so she can either start planning with me or tell me she won't be coming along.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Still no AT6 dates...have to keep mother apprised of the dates as soon as we now so she can either start planning with me or tell me she won't be coming along.
                      I think I hear a gentle nudge in that comment, Chelle.

As for the auction. Having a significant other living miles away kinda nixes any buying of that sort. Saving for airfare and fun holidays. Not that I'm complaining. I wasn't much of a memorabilia collector anyways, though I do love to 'oooooh' and 'ahhh' every once in a while.

Comment

thought i might have some auction funds when i get my tax return, but found out how much it was last night and most of it goes to paying off the state tax.

CHELLE HOW COME YOU STILL HAVE THE PIRATE SHIP AVATAR?

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
                          thought i might have some auction funds when i get my tax return, but found out how much it was last night and most of it goes to paying off the state tax.

CHELLE HOW COME YOU STILL HAVE THE PIRATE SHIP AVATAR?
                          Ah well, easy come, easy go.

Chelle does not have that avatar on my computer. what have you been drinkin'?

Comment

Ah well, easy come, easy go.

Chelle does not have that avatar on my computer. what have you been drinkin'?
                            She doesn't have it mine either - pass the bottle Mocha

Comment

I still have a few left. Will take a couple with me and think very fondly of you.
                              Awww (Not quite sure I believe you about having any chocolate left though )

HUGE HUGS to Ames and Julia S with families *hugs*

And congrats Antoa on the job, that's awesome!!

It was indeed a very lovely message from Amanda and I'm very curious about that special item for the auction. But as usually I'll be enjoying it as a spectator.
                              Doesn't really have the same flare at the live auctions, you know, no Amanda running or EH-T smelling things... but I always find it very exciting watching the bids go up day by day!

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                                Speaking of curling, I just found out there is a curling (rink?) here in or around Seattle! The only one (apparently) on the US west coast. I shall try and get my Irish neighbor (very sports oriented) to go with me and check it out!
                                Seattle has a very active curling club. They just won the Mixed National Championships (two men and two women). You might want to check their website before you go. Many clubs close down about now for the summer and will reopen in the September/October/November timeframe. Hope you and your friend have a good time.

Comment

Working...
                                X