GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
    Told you guys I was wearing my pj pants.

And drinking blue WKD and strawberry wine. We also have various cheeses, crackers, salads, thai noodles, pancakes, jaffa cakes, fruit salads, pineapple... all posh like from sainsburys.
    Jaffa cakes! /geek
    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Should I bring jaffas to the chocolate party next time? These are the things kids in NZ used to roll own the aisles old timey theatres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas

A kid at my play centre (preschool where kids learn through play) once inhaled a giant jaffa and nearly died, so they were banned. :O
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*runs in late for the Woohoo hug*

Sorry Neep, I didn't realise that was you either
        sigpic
        Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Should I bring jaffas to the chocolate party next time? These are the things kids in NZ used to roll own the aisles old timey theatres.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaffas

A kid at my play centre (preschool where kids learn through play) once inhaled a giant jaffa and nearly died, so they were banned. :O
          YES! I'm going to have to bring something from my new homeland too. I also think it's funny that we are sitting across from each other and having this conversation on line.
          sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            YES! I'm going to have to bring something from my new homeland too. I also think it's funny that we are sitting across from each other and having this conversation on line.
            Shhhh, secret conversation.

We heard a rumour that AT6 is in North Finchly. Any comments? (The guy at our hotel looked horrified at the suggestion.)
            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
              I spent most of my time trying to find my room, hence I missed meeting you lol. We'll make sure to talk at AT6!
              I know I missed meeting up with quite a few peeps from GW when I was at AT4 - I reckon we should either have badges made up like we do at our Aussie cons or have a small quick gathering of GW'ers at some point in the Ren lobby...just a thought for AT6.
              Originally posted by PengYn View Post
              Next time 'round I am definitely going to do the PJ thing. I would have done it Sunday night as I really wanted to get out of my jeans but I think if I had gone back upstairs to change, I might not have come back down for fear of exhaustion. My screensaver was definitely on towards the end of that night!
              Here's a thought - a slumber party to rival all slumber parties - except of course we'd have to go to our rooms to sleep at some point - but at least a late night cup of tea in our pj's. Or we all just rock up to breaky in our pj's...and no one is allowed to pike it...all in together.
              Originally posted by Jumble View Post
              My problem is that I don't actualy wear pj's........
              Well you could always wrap a towel or sheet around you if you feel the need to cover up. Unless of course you're being literal and you only wear nighties in which case that would be perfectly acceptable!
              Jumble, I took your Woo Hoo photos! Didn't realise you didn't know
              No one recognised me this year! Last time everyone said "and you must be Neep..."
              It's because you look nothing like your avatar Neep!!
              "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
              Hug Your Loved Ones!!
              ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
                And we would never ever make up directions for Bev to follow...

never ever...
                No never...never ever ever

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                Well you could always wrap a towel or sheet around you if you feel the need to cover up. Unless of course you're being literal and you only wear nighties in which case that would be perfectly acceptable!
                I reckone some special con jammies, custom made and printed with lots of pics of the many silly faces of Martin Wood.
                sigpic
                Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Jumble, I took your Woo Hoo photos! Didn't realise you didn't know

No one recognised me this year! Last time everyone said "and you must be Neep..."
                  No, I didn't realise So now I owe you a HUGE hug

Originally posted by josiane View Post
                  *runs in late for the Woohoo hug*

Sorry Neep, I didn't realise that was you either
                  So glad it wasn't just me

I know I missed meeting up with quite a few peeps from GW when I was at AT4 - I reckon we should either have badges made up like we do at our Aussie cons or have a small quick gathering of GW'ers at some point in the Ren lobby...just a thought for AT6.
                  Oh, very good idea!

Here's a thought - a slumber party to rival all slumber parties - except of course we'd have to go to our rooms to sleep at some point - but at least a late night cup of tea in our pj's. Or we all just rock up to breaky in our pj's...and no one is allowed to pike it...all in together.

It's because you look nothing like your avatar Neep!!
                  No, no nightie either

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
                  No never...never ever ever

I reckon some special con jammies, custom made and printed with lots of pics of the many silly faces of Martin Wood.
                  I'd never sleeeeeep!!!!

Comment

No, no nightie either
                    Oh. So you're one of those peeps who sleeps in their day clothes then!!

So no pj's, no nighties...t shirt perhaps??
                    Ok moving on...Jumble can come in whatever attire she feels comfortable in.

I can't wait for the date for AT6 to be released...I have to word the old boy up...he already knows it's sooner rather than later.
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oh. So you're one of those peeps who sleeps in their day clothes then!!

So no pj's, no nighties...t shirt perhaps??
                      Nope.......

Ok moving on...Jumble can come in whatever attire she feels comfortable in.
                      I feel comfortable in Martin's arms - can I bring him?

I can't wait for the date for AT6 to be released...I have to word the old boy up...he already knows it's sooner rather than later.
                      Me too! Oh the power the G4 have over us - we're all hanging out for the dates for AT6 and TSE2 so that we can rearrange our lives

Comment

Nope.......I feel comfortable in Martin's arms - can I bring him?

Me too! Oh the power the G4 have over us - we're all hanging out for the dates for AT6 and TSE2 so that we can rearrange our lives
                        I would highly recommend you bring Mr Wood with you...of course you do realise that at some point during the event you'll have to share him with the rest of us!!

I would love to attend a TSE but unless it's extremely close to AT6 where I might have a slight smidgen of a chance to wrangle a jump across to Vangroovy, then my only hope is if I win the lottery. I shouldn't be so greedy. I'd be happy with whatever I can get.
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I would highly recommend you bring Mr Wood with you...of course you do realise that at some point during the event you'll have to share him with the rest of us!!
                          I'd have a hard time stopping him - he's a very lavish hugger

I would love to attend a TSE but unless it's extremely close to AT6 where I might have a slight smidgen of a chance to wrangle a jump across to Vangroovy, then my only hope is if I win the lottery. I shouldn't be so greedy. I'd be happy with whatever I can get.
                          Go buy lottery tickets!!! Wood absolutely LOVE to meet you

Comment

I will be sorting pictures today and will get them up as soon as I can. I miss everyone so much! (though it is nice to be home with The Boy - he says hello back to those that met him at TSE).

I napped a bit on the plane (though I had wanted to try and stay awake) and I struggled to stay up until 9pm. I finally got a decent night sleep (though I was awake for a time at 4am). I feel slightly more human.

Lies - That pic of Milou with the blanket is so adorable! Looks like she likes it

Comment

Hi everyone,

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, I had to return to college for an assessment/exam. I miss everyone so much! My con blues have definitely begun and I'm so tired. But it's all worth it because of the awesome weekend we've all had!

I was wondering does anyone else feel different after they return from a GABIT event? I feel ready to change the world, to make it a better place for everyone, I feel empowered, I feel like I'm different somehow than I was last Thursday! Very humbling, emotional and a fun weekend!

I wish I could say a personal hello to all GW'ders that I met but sadly I think that might take too long, but it was wonderful to meet both old and new friends again! I can't wait to see everyone again, hopefully soon (but not to soon as I need to save some of the spendable stuff first LOL.)

My photos will be up ASAP and I will post a link here, it might take a little while because there are over 400 photos! I think I got a little carried away pressing the button LOL. It is the first time I have ever been able to take photos myself.

And I love that everyone is talking about AT6 already, I can't wait! Hehehe!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                              Last edited by samcarterrules; 16 February 2011, 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
                                I was wondering does anyone else feel different after they return from a GABIT event? I feel ready to change the world, to make it a better place for everyone, I feel empowered, I feel like I'm different somehow than I was last Thursday! Very humbling, emotional and a fun weekend!
                                Every single time. There is something so incredibly uplifting about a GABIT event. I feel as if I walk away each time with a new blessing.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X