GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I shall take my badge with me and have it at the ready.
    You may need it

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
    Good to know! Thanks for the info. Never been to Shore Leave or a ginormous con outside of Creation and the price is definitely right.

Well, you know you could Amtrak it down to here and we could catch a flight out of O'hare. Might be something to think about and juggle with when considering airfare next time. Plus, after your trip this summer, you'll certainly know the way and your always welcome here. Plus, it's a convenient half-way point between home and Kentucky.

I heard about the illustrious brain cell back in London. So awesome!

Good luck with the course and studying Becky and have a brilliant, relaxing time on the slopes!
    After this last time flying in and out of Pearson, I'm seriously considering flying via the states instead in future!!!
    Actually Fig and I talked about flying out of somewhere in between when we come to AT6 so we could fly together So who knows, maybe Chicago'll be the lucky midway meeting point
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

my airfare to vancouver last year was the same i'd paid to london for AT3, 7-800 dollars

bloody ridiculous

but unless i wanted to spend 3 days driving (and that's 3 LONG days) don't have much of a choice
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
        Watch out for CJ - he'll make you blush whenever possible! (Yes, I have a story to go with that claim ) If he played a character on Sanctuary, I fully believe Helen would be calling him 'incorrigible' on a regular basis
        Oh yeah, I'll second that...watch out for the flasher...he mooned us last time he was here...not that I'm entirely complaining. And don't ever start a sentence off with, "Hey Chris, I've been itching to ask you blah blah blah"...he'll recommend a powder for the "itch"...cheek bugger he is!! And he loves his drink...if you're lucky, he'll even shout you one....hope you like shots!
        Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        my airfare to vancouver last year was the same i'd paid to london for AT3, 7-800 dollars
        bloody ridiculous
        but unless i wanted to spend 3 days driving (and that's 3 LONG days) don't have much of a choice
        Vangroovy would be cheaper to fly to than London for me...still in the thousand plus range but less than the 2 thousand plus I paid for London/Germany.
        Are you planning on coming to AT6 Sky??
        Last edited by Chelle DB; 08 March 2011, 02:06 AM.
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I had dinner with Chris... he went outside about 5 times for a smoke. Someone had told him I worked for quitline, so every single time he went out he banged on the window and showed me his cigarette. I'm not the smoking police
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Having breakfast with Chris is like having breakfast with your seriously loud brother who doesn't mind talking about anything at the table...and when I say anything, I mean anything and everything. He's really out there. But he's utterly deep...I mean he comes across initially like some huge kid with a potty mouth but then he blows you away with the depth that some of his conversations go into. He can have you on the floor in stitches one minute and completely mute with chin on the floor the next...he's definitely nothing like Teal'c...having met RDA, AT & MS, you can sometimes see snippets of their character come through but not with CJ. He's a must to meet at least once if you can.
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              Oh yeah, I'll second that...watch out for the flasher...he mooned us last time he was here...not that I'm entirely complaining. And don't ever start a sentence off with, "Hey Chris, I've been itching to ask you blah blah blah"...he'll recommend a powder for the "itch"...cheek bugger he is!! And he loves his drink...if you're lucky, he'll even shout you one....hope you like shots!

Vangroovy would be cheaper to fly to than London for me...still in the thousand plus range but less than the 2 thousand plus I paid for London/Germany.
              probably not. the UK is just so expensive over all. I don't get that involved in the social aspect of the con...I've tried doing the disco, but i'm not a dancer and just don't enjoy sitting in a dark, noisy room....after so many years of amanda cons I've pretty much heard it all and seen it all so....at least with TSE it's new to me actors and stories.

I'll leave my ticket to those that haven't been

sigpic

Comment

Well TSE is still on the cards for me...til I hear about either event, I'm just saving and waiting to see where I'll be headed next. If TSE doesn't eventuate, then I'm back to Europe to see things I missed first time round. I'd like to see the Berlin wall...or rather what's left of it and maybe have a quick squiz at Paris or Austria...or both. And maybe a quick run up to Glasgow...or Sherwood forest if I can.
                Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

TSE is very much a possibility. Canada is more affordable and accessible.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    After this last time flying in and out of Pearson, I'm seriously considering flying via the states instead in future!!!
                    Actually Fig and I talked about flying out of somewhere in between when we come to AT6 so we could fly together So who knows, maybe Chicago'll be the lucky midway meeting point
                    Yay! We'd be a foursome then. Excellent! I've a full-size air mattress that should be plenty big.

Has she got her passport yet?

bloody ridiculous

Ever try Amtrack? That is, if you had the holiday time. Might take just as long as driving, but it's certainly more relaxed and lots cheaper.

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                    Vangroovy is definitely cheaper for me to fly to than London. Think I paid about $600 last summer as compared to the $800-900 for London this year. Plus the jet lag doesnt kill me so much since I'm only 2 hrs off my timezone.

And yes. As Sky said, Cdn is much more affordable. No converting GBP or Euros so no hidden surprises when you get home and check your bank account. Heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Yay! We'd be a foursome then. Excellent! I've a full-size air mattress that should be plenty big.

Has she got her passport yet?

Vangroovy is definitely cheaper for me to fly to than London. Think I paid about $600 last summer as compared to the $800-900 for London this year. Plus the jet lag doesnt kill me so much since I'm only 2 hrs off my timezone.

And yes. As Sky said, Cdn is much more affordable. No converting GBP or Euros so no hidden surprises when you get home and check your bank account. Heh.
                      To be fair, from Chelle's perspective, she'd still be converting
                      Vangroovy is nicer from a timezone perspective ... as long as I'm not on a dayshift. Then it's just far enough out (3 hours) to be brutal on my return! 6am starts are hard enough when your body isn't convinced it's actually 3 am... LOL! With the shift I'm currently on though, totally not a prob

As to the passport saga ... all I'll say is not yet. No, I don't have details, and she doesn't seem overly keen to investigate why the heck it's taking this long ... grrrrrr. So the girls' weekend may end up not being this year, with you in your new job and her not yet having a passport ... Su and I can still visit though! Maybe I can convince Pam to come down with me for a visit to Chicago-land instead? Hmmmmm.... I think Pam'd be in for TSE2 (as she had a blast at TSE), but AT6 is likely out of her range, for now. I'll keep subtly working on her! I wonder if she'd be up for the NY meetup? Oooh.... *adds to the to-do list*
                      ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
                      ames on facebook
                      ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Amtrak isn't really an option for me. When they come through here it's at 3-4am and just about as expensive as a plane. Largely cause I'd have to take several lines to get to Canada

Nice idea though.

sigpic

Comment

I once caught the train to Auckland... 11 hours but about a million different landscapes. In fact, Peter Jackson was on that same train ride as a teenager when he first read Lord of the Rings and looking up at the scenery whizzing by he thought we could totally film this here.

The faster trains in Europe are different... I don't know why, they just are.
                          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

While it is usually more expensive than flying (but not always) I would recommend the trip to Vancouver on Via Rail for those in Canada. I have done that and it was one of my best trips ever. Great food, great scenery, wonderful people from all over the world and showering while the train was going around a bend was hilarious.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

for the US, at least the midwest, preference is given to freight trains, so passenger trains get the tracks when the freight ones aren't in the way...hence why Amtrak rolls through here at 3 and 4 am

randomly picking a day, i'd leave topeka at 1230am tuesday, go to LA (33 hours), take a bus to bakersfield (2 hours) , train to martinez CA (5 hours) then train to seattle (21 hours), then take bus from seattle to vancouver(3 hours) getting in at 1230am friday

only 300 bucks, but it'd take me most of a week.

I wish we had good rail service, but we just don't here. not away from the coasts

sigpic

Comment

for the US, at least the midwest, preference is given to freight trains, so passenger trains get the tracks when the freight ones aren't in the way...hence why Amtrak rolls through here at 3 and 4 am

randomly picking a day, i'd leave topeka at 1230am tuesday, go to LA (33 hours), take a bus to bakersfield (2 hours) , train to martinez CA (5 hours) then train to seattle (21 hours), then take bus from seattle to vancouver(3 hours) getting in at 1230am friday

only 300 bucks, but it'd take me most of a week.

I wish we had good rail service, but we just don't here. not away from the coasts
                                Heck, that's not so bad! Only three days! Think of it as an adventure! Plus, you get to sit at a window for the trip, reading, watching vids on your ipod, sipping tea and watching the Kansas scenery pass you by.

Comment

Working...
                                X