GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripples and Hugs
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
    William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
    Anon

Comment

Originally posted by JennS View Post
      Hello GW!

Emmm I don't post here very often so please be nice to me!

I have come to post something I am hoping people who attended AT5 will recognise an to share it with the folk who didn't make it because I think these words are something that is really worthwhile sharing. I had the absolute blessing of working with Julia again on the charity video.

I do the music and editing and Julia does the words. When I received them in my inbox I sat and read them again and again and felt the impact of them and their meaning full heartedly. So I am sharing them here and wherever else I can think of to spam

I send *HUGE hugs* to you all and dare I say ROLL ON AT6!!

If we turn away from the cries of those children who need us.

If we watch unmoved, cold of heart, as their tears fall to moisten the earth below.

Then we will feel the ice within us harden and eventually shatter.

Because we did not care.

No child on this earth should die from want of food or water or from the ravages of curable sickness.

No child should live in fear or in darkness.

No human being who lives on this earth should see these things and not try to change them.

They are our sisters and our brothers and we cannot turn away.

If we lend what we have to the Universe to do good for others, there is no limits to the miracles which can be achieved with even the smallest amount.

Some human beings are born to lead others by deed, by word and by example to do incredible good.

When you find someone with a vision or a dream to help those who are in need, then follow them.

For you too will become a leader and others will follow you.

And so a wonderful chain of humanity and compassion will be born.

And only good will come from it.

(Julia Hague 2011)
      We are always nice! Well, almost always.

Thanks for posting that. Lovely.

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      Oh no need to check your glasses! This is definitely the Gabit thread and yes things have changed (in a lovely way) since the first two AT events! People are more together, more compassionate in their inclusion of others and more willing to openly share their friendships on here. They came together as fans of Amanda and the friendships now encompass the entire globe!

I LOVE what the events have come to embody and represent and it was a delight to meet the WooHoos who I'd only met briefly at TSE, and I'm sad I didn't get to talk to them for longer. Next time girls...

What I loved was that quite a few of this group first encountered Gabit in Vancouver at TSE and came over to our AT event a few weeks ago because of it. Welcome, welcome!

AT5 - the wonderful wonderful weekend of hugs! AT6 - R.......

I have my thoughts!

Julia
      G4
      And the speculation begins anew!

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
      thank you for posting those Jenn, beautiful to read

*huggles*

My guess on the name of the next event is AT6 - Raspberry Ripple!

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
      Rocky Road
      Originally posted by rderoch View Post
      Ripples and Hugs
      LOL! Doesn't take this crowd long. In honour of the new curling theme at AT events I am going with AT6-Rock on!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post

Even being a huggy WooHoo, I've never been hugged so much in my life as I was last week-end. WooHoos, Samandans, Gabiteers - we were all as one in our admiration of Amanda
        Isn't that the truth. So many hugs. I haven't been hugged so much since oh I don't know .... TSE. It was great. I wish everyone of Amanada's fans had the opportunity to attend just one event. It is something else!

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by JennS View Post
          Hello GW!

I do the music and editing and Julia does the words. When I received them in my inbox I sat and read them again and again and felt the impact of them and their meaning full heartedly. So I am sharing them here and wherever else I can think of to spam

I send *HUGE hugs* to you all and dare I say ROLL ON AT6!!

If we turn away from the cries of those children who need us.

If we watch unmoved, cold of heart, as their tears fall to moisten the earth below.

Then we will feel the ice within us harden and eventually shatter.

Because we did not care.

No child on this earth should die from want of food or water or from the ravages of curable sickness.

No child should live in fear or in darkness.

No human being who lives on this earth should see these things and not try to change them.

They are our sisters and our brothers and we cannot turn away.

If we lend what we have to the Universe to do good for others, there is no limits to the miracles which can be achieved with even the smallest amount.

Some human beings are born to lead others by deed, by word and by example to do incredible good.

When you find someone with a vision or a dream to help those who are in need, then follow them.

For you too will become a leader and others will follow you.

And so a wonderful chain of humanity and compassion will be born.

And only good will come from it.

(Julia Hague 2011)

Jenn thanks so much for putting this here on the thread. Reading it brought tears to my eyes just like when I watching the video at AT5. And thank you Julia for your words. They are so touching and heartfelt.

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by kthomassg View Post
            Isn't that the truth. So many hugs. I haven't been hugged so much since oh I don't know .... TSE. It was great. I wish everyone of Amanada's fans had the opportunity to attend just one event. It is something else!
            Absolutely! Until TSE I was just a casual fan, but when I met her I was so bowled over by what a truly beautiful person she is and what a big heart she has that I found myself almost as committed a fan to her as I am to Martin

Oh c'mon! It has to be 'almost'

Comment

There's an update from Jill on the Sanctuary for Kids blog about the beautiful effect the extra money and the higher quality of food had had on the children at NOH.

Oh, and there's a mention of AT5.

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Absolutely! Until TSE I was just a casual fan, but when I met her I was so bowled over by what a truly beautiful person she is and what a big heart she has that I found myself almost as committed a fan to her as I am to Martin

Oh c'mon! It has to be 'almost'

Ah, I remember our conversation in Starbucks. I'll give you "almost".

Long Live Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
                  There's an update from Jill on the Sanctuary for Kids blog about the beautiful effect the extra money and the higher quality of food had had on the children at NOH.
                  Well AT5 did a fantasmagorical job in raising funds for S4K.
                  I know that the Gabit events usually have a title beginning with the letter "R" but how about calling AT6 "Making Big Waves"?
                  Little ripples make big waves...that's what Gabit does...that's what Amanda's fandom does. Makes me smile.
                  "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                  Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                  ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by kthomassg View Post
                    Ah, I remember our conversation in Starbucks. I'll give you "almost".
                    Ah yes! I've got you now! *hugs* to you and Mom

Comment

This can't help but brighten your day.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                        This can't help but brighten your day.
                        *nods*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Far too early for names re AT6, but think "Ripples" says it all......
                          sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

ripples have ridges...no wait, that's ruffles
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Is there a word for hugs that begins with "R"?
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                Is there a word for hugs that begins with "R"?
                                Checking the thesaurus I couldn't find one, but I did come across.........

huggermugger = confusion, disarray, disorder, huddle, jumble, mess, muddle, shambles.

I think Ripples is the best suggestion

Comment

Working...
                                X