• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in NZ *HUGS*

Julia(samcaterrules)
    sigpic
    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I just heard 65 people dead and a heck of a lot missing My heart goes out to all those affected.

Comment

Neep is currently living on the North Island. However, I don't know if she has family in the Christchurch area or anything.

Keeping all the kiwis in my thoughts.
        sigpic
        Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
        My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

I have to agree that the Whoohoos are the friendliest bunch of folks! They even include non-whoohoos in their circle with hugs too! I met so many people at AT5....some I had met before at previous events and some brand new! I think that was the best part for me, getting to meet so many people from all over the world, many I knew by Gateworld name and now I have a person to go with it.

It was a fabulous weekend! Thank you to everyone who made me feel welcome!!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
            I better get my tour-guide hat all shiny'd up!
            (next S4K benefit concert scheduled tentatively later june. might be a good time *cough cough*)
            Hmm, sounds like a plan to me.

Originally posted by donamac View Post
            Just heard there was an earthquake in New Zealand. Hope Neep and family are OK.

Hugs to all. And hope everything settles down quickly.

From another earthquake prone area--Northwest USA--the last one was a doozy in 2001.

Donamac
            Neep is indeed fine and far from harm. We're watching the morning news about the reports coming out of Christchurch now. So sad.

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
              Just heard there was an earthquake in New Zealand. Hope Neep and family are OK.

Hugs to all. And hope everything settles down quickly.

From another earthquake prone area--Northwest USA--the last one was a doozy in 2001.

Donamac
              I'm in L.A. right now and live in Wellington... both cities with earthquake reputations way bigger than Christchurch before last year.

All 3 of my brothers have spent a good part of a decade living in Christchurch, but none of them live there now. They have friends and in-laws there. A group of guys I went to school with are ok according to some mates on facebook who got a text message. My Godmother is ok too, according to word filtering through... her house might not be though.

Jetlagged and trying to get my mind around it all.

The two Kiwi Amandas from GABIT are also ok from what I hear. One lives well out of the way, opposite end of the country. The other Amanda (the Get Amanda on Ellen girl) lives in the area but has posted on FB that she and her family are ok. Hoping she won't mind me sharing this update: "I'm ok guys. Just really shaken up. Overwhelmed. No water. No power. No sewage. No net. all my stuff stuck in my room."
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

*huggles new Zealanders very hard*

Oh boy is your part of the world taking a bashing this year or what? between the floods in Australia, the cyclone and now this for NZ... *huggles*

Thanks for all the updates on our NZ friends. I love that everyone worries so much about people we barely know. Just goes to show the power of this little family.

*huggles all*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                  I must check my glasses; I could have sworn this was the Gabit thread and not an admiration society of one certain group that attended. Apparently things have changed since the first two AT events.

I don't know, I wasn't at the first two events. Or the two after that for that matter. Did they not hug just and madly, have just as awesomer time and make wonderful new friends, and share the love back then? I kind of assumed that was normal Gabit attendee behaviour!
                  sigpic

Comment

Thank God our NZ friends are okay! Our thoughts and prayers go to those who have friends and relatives in the area.

Mumsey
                    (who was worried for her Kiwi kids)
                    For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Feeeew! So glad our NZ friends are OK, keeping them, their families and friends in my prayers *hugs*

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

So glad to hear that our New Zealand AT'ers are all okay. Having lived through more (definately smaller) earthquakes that I care to remember my heart goes out to everyone there who has to now survive the aftermath of one. Please keep in touch and God speed to you all.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                          I'm in L.A. right now and live in Wellington... both cities with earthquake reputations way bigger than Christchurch before last year.

All 3 of my brothers have spent a good part of a decade living in Christchurch, but none of them live there now. They have friends and in-laws there. A group of guys I went to school with are ok according to some mates on facebook who got a text message. My Godmother is ok too, according to word filtering through... her house might not be though.

Jetlagged and trying to get my mind around it all.

The two Kiwi Amandas from GABIT are also ok from what I hear. One lives well out of the way, opposite end of the country. The other Amanda (the Get Amanda on Ellen girl) lives in the area but has posted on FB that she and her family are ok. Hoping she won't mind me sharing this update: "I'm ok guys. Just really shaken up. Overwhelmed. No water. No power. No sewage. No net. all my stuff stuck in my room."
                          I knew you were OK because you wouldn't be home yet and don't live in Christchurch. Glad to hear that your friends and family and the other Gabit Nzers are all OK.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Glad to hear Neep and the other Kiwi Gabiteers are OK - hope all your friends and family are too. Awful thing to have happened
                            sigpic
                            Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Hello GW!

Emmm I don't post here very often so please be nice to me!

I have come to post something I am hoping people who attended AT5 will recognise an to share it with the folk who didn't make it because I think these words are something that is really worthwhile sharing. I had the absolute blessing of working with Julia again on the charity video.

I do the music and editing and Julia does the words. When I received them in my inbox I sat and read them again and again and felt the impact of them and their meaning full heartedly. So I am sharing them here and wherever else I can think of to spam

I send *HUGE hugs* to you all and dare I say ROLL ON AT6!!

If we turn away from the cries of those children who need us.

If we watch unmoved, cold of heart, as their tears fall to moisten the earth below.

Then we will feel the ice within us harden and eventually shatter.

Because we did not care.

No child on this earth should die from want of food or water or from the ravages of curable sickness.

No child should live in fear or in darkness.

No human being who lives on this earth should see these things and not try to change them.

They are our sisters and our brothers and we cannot turn away.

If we lend what we have to the Universe to do good for others, there is no limits to the miracles which can be achieved with even the smallest amount.

Some human beings are born to lead others by deed, by word and by example to do incredible good.

When you find someone with a vision or a dream to help those who are in need, then follow them.

For you too will become a leader and others will follow you.

And so a wonderful chain of humanity and compassion will be born.

And only good will come from it.

(Julia Hague 2011)
                              Last edited by JennS; 22 February 2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins View Post
                                I must check my glasses; I could have sworn this was the Gabit thread and not an admiration society of one certain group that attended. Apparently things have changed since the first two AT events.
                                On the contrary, it just so happens that one of the groups getting together at the event have a few more gateworlders who are on this thread in it. There were plenty of others and they were all united in their friendship in Amanda's fandom.

Mumsey
                                For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X