GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craziness! All this talk of inclement weather... *shudders*
    I have high hopes of it being all cleared up by Sunday ... hopefully ... yeah.
    Best wishes to all of you travelling in the next few days! (and beyond, but seeing as I'm in that category, it seems a tad selfish to go there, so ... erm ... shushes self now)

...cub hugs for Julia, avoiding right shoulder ... *check*
    ...mega hugs for Mumsey anytime she appears to be surfacing for air ... *check*
    ...search party armed with hugs for Becks, who seems to be currently in hiding ... *check*
    ...new camera to avoid lens-envy from John ... *check*
    ...coinage for hugs for S4K ... *check*
    ...bluey goodness for the masses ... *check*
    ...flight tickets and e-ticket ... *check*

Yup, got the important stuff ready to go
    ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
    ames on facebook
    ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      thank you for that information. i imagine the airport security will be tighter than usual(i hope). last time i came there the only concern was the swine flu.
      It's perhaps a bad sign that reading the travel advisory with my work hat on meant I took it as "Situation Normal: Sky may or may not fall. The usual precautions apply." Lol. I gotta get me a more normal job. It's warping my outlook on life a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
        Ooh thanks.

Yeah I tend to forget shoulder-consequences when people hug me hard. I still can't lift it high and it causes me sleepless nights sometimes but it's a million times better than it was. Gentle hugs would be nice. Bear hugs might be a bit painful!

Julia
        G4
        I sympathize--am doing physical therapy and will bring my ice pack. Hugging MUST be gentle for both of us.

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
          Well, kiddies, since the first of you will be winging your way to us very soon, can I remind you to bring your used stamps for the Hearing Dogs? That's about the only thing that hasn't been mentioned lately.

Safe travels to all of you, and see you all very soon.

Mumsey
          (Coming up for air for a minute or two.)
          Already in my suitcase!

Comment

You poor buggers with the bad weather - you should all congregate here in Oz - it's damn warm here....great flying weather...except for Queensland - stay away from there.
            Travel safe everyone. Have lots of fun. Don't let the travel warnings take away the excitement of the trip but do be careful. Such a shame the event is in the winter time - well for some of you anyways.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
              We'll be a matched pair. I broke my left ribs

And be nice to Mumsey. She has a lot of work ahead of her
              And it's my left shoulder--don't know what I did it just spontaneously became stiff and sore. PT is helping some but can't raise it very well.
              Last edited by donamac; 31 January 2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Am I gonna be the only one at the event with sun burned shoulders?

(Stupid me decided to walk in the hot sun today instead of waiting for the bus. Lobster.)

*ETA* those of you in blizzards... gotta hate me right now.
                Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Euurrgh... mum is searching the house for a mini bottle of sun screen for me to take. To the northern hemisphere. Where it is winter.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Not sure whether this is a good thing, but currently no physical impairments for me relating to the hugs - mental yes...! Physical, no - however I would like to keep my ribs intact please!!

Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                      I'll be the opposite of sunburned. I'm in the same physical time zone as Vancouver, but I live my life as if I'm in a time zone with Australia. I started out Oregonian pale and then I added 5 years of working nights. If England were going to have a couple of days of even wintertime sun, I'd be worried about getting burned in February.

And if your mother needs to do the mother hen routine and be involved, send her to find your winter gear.

Comment

(Stupid me decided to walk in the hot sun today instead of waiting for the bus. Lobster.)

*ETA* those of you in blizzards... gotta hate me right now.
                        Pretty much. Right now we have this icky mix of snow/sleet/rain. Lovely.

Euurrgh... mum is searching the house for a mini bottle of sun screen for me to take. To the northern hemisphere. Where it is winter.
                        Aw. (((Mom))) <3
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Ames:

Unless you are in the UK don't forget your passport

Celadine:

Glad you got the earlier flight. I also was going to suggest you try for an earlier one once I saw the airlines were not going to charge for changing your reservations.

Safe travels all of you.

Comment

Dinosaurs! Also, this round tray of blue/grey water used to show currents or something... if you spin it really fast then slow it down suddenly, it all ripples into each other and looks just like the event horizon of a worm hole (Just did that for 10 seconds or so, of course. We didn't do it over, and over, and over)
                            The - uh - couple dozen photographs on my camera suggest otherwise... but we'll go with your version
                            sigpic

Comment

In 24 hours I will be well over the Tasman Sea in a big metal boat. In the air. That is still so weird.

My plane departs in 23 hours to the minute!
                              Safe journey.

Originally posted by Master Bray Tack View Post
                              Thursday Night , Maybe the Three Mag Pie's for a few Lemonades ( beers ) around Nine . And then Back to Hotel Lobby for a few Night Cap's ... That's my plan . Any thing simular happening ?
                              There is a group going to a show (see the list somewhere on here) but I'm sure there are others who will be free to join you.

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                              Well, kiddies, since the first of you will be winging your way to us very soon, can I remind you to bring your used stamps for the Hearing Dogs? That's about the only thing that hasn't been mentioned lately.

Safe travels to all of you, and see you all very soon.

Mumsey
                              (Coming up for air for a minute or two.)
                              Got them. In fact, found another envelope the other day. I also have stamps from Jan (who gave them to me at TSE)

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                              It's my right shoulder.

You get air??!! I'm going to make a complaint to Head Office...

<runs cos she knows she'll get thwapped by Mumsey for that and she's seeing her at the weekend...eek!!>

Julia
                              G4
                              LOL! Remember, it is She Who Must Be Obeyed.

Originally posted by AmberMoon View Post
                              I do personnel security for my company and this includes travel briefings to countries outside the U.S. For those traveling from the U.S to the U.K. a new travel alert has been issued by the Dept of State.

January 31, 2011
                              The Department of State has issued this Travel Alert to inform U.S. citizens traveling to or resident in the United Kingdom (UK) of the continuing high level of terrorist threat, including the potential for terrorists to attack public transportation systems, aviation and other travel infrastructure in the UK. U.S. citizens are reminded to maintain a high level of vigilance and to take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. This Travel Alert expires on April 30, 2011.

In the past several years, extremists have targeted and attacked subway and rail systems, as well as the aviation sector in cities such as London, Madrid, Glasgow, and most recently, Moscow, demonstrating that terrorists continue to take an active interest in targeting these transport sectors across a variety of European cities.

As has been widely reported in the press, UK law enforcement authorities have taken action to guard against a terrorist attack, underscoring in their public statements that the police are using a range of tactics to mitigate the threat.

The Embassy is located at 24 Grosvenor Square. The Embassy telephone number is 0207 499 9000. The Consular section can also be contacted by email at [email protected].

U.S. citizens in the United Kingdom are encouraged to enroll in the Smart Travelers Enrollment Program (STEP) at the following website: https://travelregistration.state.gov. U.S. citizens without internet access may enroll directly at the U.S. Embassy. By enrolling, U.S. citizens make it easier for the Embassy to contact them in case of emergency.

Updated information on travel and security in the United Kingdom may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or, for callers outside the United States and Canada, a regular toll line at 1-202-501-4444. For further information, please consult the Country Specific Information for The United Kingdom, as well as the Worldwide Caution. These products and the latest international travel information for U.S. citizens are available on the Bureau of Consular Affairs Internet website at http://travel.state.gov.

(Especially with what's going on in other parts of the world, it is in your best interest to register with the U.S. Embassy.)
                              Sad reality check.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                              Awesome. We used to have one around here till it closed a few years back. I loved it! Was so nostalgic and reminded me of all the old-time movies of that era that I've seen.

And my flight out tomorrow was canceled with all the hype of the blizzard coming in. Not even one new speck of snow on the ground yet! I called the airline and they were able to book me on an earlier flight out which is so awesome. Jackpot! I may be in LAX 12hrs early waiting on Neep, but it's better than waiting till Thursday which is what I heard some of the airlines are already doing.

Safe journey.

LOL!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

ames...i posted this on gabit, just in case you don't see it-
                                AMES, how is your blue jello supply? will you have enough? i swore i'd never buy blue jello again after shipping over 100 boxes to mumsey for AT4, but if your stock is limited i might be able to fit some in my suitcase now that i've decided not to bring my big bulky winter coat. let me know. i'll hook up my sled dog team and brave the blizzard to get some. (actually i'll wait till the 2-3 feet of snow is plowed away before i venture out.)

Comment

Working...
                                X