• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checked with my ticket buyer and we'll def. be there
    LizWhite.net

Comment

Hubs and I will be there too.

Confirmation also included the Event Accomm prices.Prices held at the same level as Gabit 1.WTG Gabit4 !

£70 per night for single accomm.£80 per night for double/twin room.
      Car parking is £10 per day and there are cashpoint and payphone facilities ,plus several in-house outlets for holiday mementos on site.Net access choices are either to pay for connection via the comps in their IT suite (have plenty £1 coins ready to pop in every 10 mins or so,and be prepped to queue),or bring your laptop and hope it's compatible with the hotel connections.(Ours wasn't.Might be a good idea to enquire direct with the hotel nearer the Event.)

For those new to "Gabiteering"..the rooms are well equipped,and the beds are huge and very comfortable .
      Breakfast was excellent,with a wide selection of choices on a self-serve basis, and included in the room charge.(Unless one wishes room service b/fast,as then it's about £15 per pop.)

At lunchtimes there was a sandwich and coffee/tea table in the foyer,and hopefully that'll be the case next time too.
      (Sandwiches average £3.Filter coffee £1)

Bar food,drinks and service is excellent,if a tad pricy,(London prices) but I highly recommend the Satay Chicken (£7),and there's quite a wide choice of other food available.

Restaurant : Prices vary.Menu's good whether á la carte or by individual order.Plates are darned hot..as I discovered !

To cut down on food/drink costs,bring your own..or stock up at the garage shop.McD is near too.

Here endeth the public service announcement.

Here's hoping the dollar exchange rate is better for those of you coming from US and Canada this year.Bad enough that you have to pay high fares plus all those taxes...

Adding a quick "squeeeee" to the chorus :

Squueeeeeeee !!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS

Confirmation also included the Event Accomm prices.Prices held at the same level as Gabit 1.WTG Gabit4 !

Car parking is £10 per day and there are cashpoint and payphone facilities ,plus several in-house outlets for holiday mementos on site.Net access choices are either to pay for connection via the comps in their IT suite (have plenty £1 coins ready to pop in every 10 mins or so,and be prepped to queue),or bring your laptop and hope it's compatible with the hotel connections.(Ours wasn't.Might be a good idea to enquire direct with the hotel nearer the Event.)

For those new to "Gabiteering"..the rooms are well equipped,and the beds are huge and very comfortable .
        Breakfast was excellent,with a wide selection of choices on a self-serve basis, and included in the room charge.(Unless one wishes room service b/fast,as then it's about £15 per pop.)

At lunchtimes there was a sandwich and coffee/tea table in the foyer,and hopefully that'll be the case next time too.

Bar food,drinks and service is excellent,if a tad pricy,(London prices) but I highly recommend the Satay Chicken (£7),and there's quite a wide choice of other food available.

Restaurant : Prices vary.Menu's good whether á la carte or by individual order.Plates are darned hot..as I discovered !

To cut down on food/drink costs,bring your own..or stock up at the garage shop.McD is near too.

Here's hoping the dollar exchange rate is better for those of you coming from US and Canada this year.Bad enough that you have to pay high fares plus all those taxes...

Squueeeeeeee !!
        Organised as usual my friend

322 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!

Comment

*sheepish grin*
          Hope to be....someday !

I wish I hadn't lost all my bookmarks when the comp decided it didn't want to accept all the updates and fixes last week.

*sigh*

Now to dive into the thread and find/test the old links....this could take a while,but'll be easier than surfing all over again .

ETA : Found them.Now have eye-strain,lol.
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 29 December 2005, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Woohoo! Congrats!

Flippy
            Baggie
            Bev
            Kat
            Mal
            Nem
            Skydiver

...... ...... ...... ....... ......
            Me and Coley are going to be back for more as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
              Congrats 1speed and Coley!

If no one minds; I will start an unofficial roll call.

Gabit Attendees
              1speed4Sam
              Coley
              Dipsofjazz
              Flippy
              F.H. Bagpuss
              ForeverSg1
              Kliggins
              LadyJeep
              Lida
              Mal
              Nem2k
              Rune
              Seabee
              Skydiver

Cocktail Party Attendees:
              Dipsofjazz
              Flippy18
              Kliggins
              Nem2k
              ForeverSg1
              Last edited by Kliggins; 29 December 2005, 04:31 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Squueeeeeeee !!
                Thanks Baggie; I even remember some of that stuff.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                  Excellent news.
                  Originally posted by Kliggins
                  Thanks Baggie; I even remember some of that stuff.
                  "" Back atcha,K ! My resumé was for the benefit of any "new" Gabiteers,who couldn't get to G1,so I'd have been utterly shocked if your memory had slipped this soon.

Good idea to start the AT2 Roll Calls.

First item of packing for my list : One ball of string,so a certain pal can find her room more easily,this time around !
                  (Not taking all those snacks this time..but will be open to suggestions/requests,nearer the event date.)

Comment

Good idea to start the AT2 Roll Calls.
                    Yes, it's a very pretty roll call. Jolly good!

First item of packing for my list : One ball of string,so a certain pal can find her room more easily,this time around !
                    ((((((((((((Baggie)))))))))) I think I have been down every single corridor in the hotel, and they all look exactly the same. The ball of string will be most helpful.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      Yes, it's a very pretty roll call. Jolly good!
                      Indeed it is...*Stands back to admire the brand spanking new List*

((((((((((((Baggie)))))))))) I think I have been down every single corridor in the hotel, and they all look exactly the same. The ball of string will be most helpful.
                      ROTFL....I know what you mean,believe me ! (((((((((((((((Bev)))))))))))))Took me a while to get the hang of the hotel layout too.
                      After wandering the maze a few times I was fine....but by next November,I'll have completely forgotten.

*Changes list to read several balls of string*

Comment

Indeed it is...*Stands back to admire the brand spanking new List*

ROTFL....I know what you mean,believe me ! (((((((((((((((Bev)))))))))))))Took me a while to get the hang of the hotel layout too.
                        After wandering the maze a few times I was fine....but by next November,I'll have completely forgotten.

*Changes list to read several balls of string*
                        I found the Gabit hotel easy. know Butlins was far more difficult for me! Always getting lost! Thankfully i wont be returning!

Comment

*raises hand for ball of string* I doubt I will get that lucky and have a room right off the lobby this time.

Honestly when you took me to your room that one time, I thought you were showing me the way home. Talk about the boondocks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen
                            A Charmed pass is a cocktail party pass. this stems ( no pun intended)from the wine glass charms I did for everyone last year... and yes will be doing again!!!

The cocktail Party has technically sold out, but due to some people registering more than once by accident we may have a few extras. No promises, but they will be offered to people in the order they regged for their main tickets.

Sorry for the calling a halt short, but we needed to make sure we didn't over sell the party.

Once mumsey has come out from under her mountain of paperwork and come to a final figure we'll contact people to ask if they want them.

Becks
                            G4

My sincerest thanks to those who registered twice for the cocktail party, because NOW I have 2 tickets to attend. I'm so psyched!!!!!!! I can't wait for November.....I'm getting my passport next week and I already have new luggage......think I'm a tad anxious?
                            On fighting:
                            Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                            Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

quick question for those who attended AT1

because I was only there for a day last time I didnt have to do the whole hotel thing, now im going for the weekend, how does the hotel side of things work?
                              say you book a room for the saturday night, you have to check out by noon the next morning (sunday) so what do you do with all your stuff? carry it around with you during the second day of the event?
                              - Simon

"Life. Its far more important than what you do for a living" - RDA

"It's crazy cool!" - AT

My Site: www.Glass-Prison.com

(Update: GABIT AT2 Convention report uploaded)

Comment

Gabit Attendees
                                1speed4Sam
                                Coley
                                Dipsofjazz
                                Flippy
                                F.H. Bagpuss
                                ForeverSg1
                                Kliggins
                                LadyJeep
                                Lida
                                Mal