GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    so, how may of gw's mods are going to be at gabit?????

gips and I, feli are you coming? Mads, ship?

i doubt that darren and david can swing it, they always do vancouver anyway (cooler goodies for them) and i have no idea about tame, kiwi or mt

but could we be having a mini gw mod convention as well???
    Gipsy and I will be there, so there's already three of us. And maybe we can persuade Mads to come down for a day at least, that would be fun!

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
      I remember references way back,about you lot dancing around in the circle,waving your little hammers around,whilst dodging the ray-gun.Not that you'd get much time for that, in between the panels,and other fun of the Con.
      Nice try to get us to reveal mod con rituals but it won't work! Just wait and be afraid...!

Comment

An this time I'm bringing the German version of Trivial Pursuit - let's see how you all cope with that. Ha!

Comment

Hey there! I'm going to AT2. Looking for a room share ATM, so if anyone thinks they could put up with me, send me a PM!
          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Nice boot! Could you at least throw the other one so I have a matched set?
            *Sends the matching boot*
            (Hope you enjoy wearing my old wellingtons ! )
            Waving little hammers around. *note to self, more memory cards*
            So it was written...
            Can I have some memory cards too ? I lost what was left of my mind trying to explain Gabit to the friends who visited today.Hard to describe when they seem to have never watched SG-1 or Atlantis.
            On the other hand, the husband recognised Amanda from her picture on one of my DVDs,as he used to watch Millennium,so there's hope for the guy !
            Originally posted by Feli
            Nice try to get us to reveal mod con rituals but it won't work! Just wait and be afraid...!
            I laugh in the face of danger..then I go and hide behind the couch .
            An this time I'm bringing the German version of Trivial Pursuit - let's see how you all cope with that. Ha!
            ROTFL ! OK.Now I'm afraid.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Afraid, schmaid. Pffft!
              sigpic

Comment

*Sends the matching boot*
                (Hope you enjoy wearing my old wellingtons ! )
                Thank you *admires new boots* Don't my feet look pretty.

I suppose it would help me win if I knew German?
                Last edited by Kliggins; 02 January 2006, 11:43 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

I laugh in the face of danger..then I go and hide behind the couch .

ROTFL ! OK.Now I'm afraid.
                  So you're going to spend the next 11 months behind the couch?

Comment

No, it wouldn't. My English isn't that bad, yet most of the time I had no idea what the others were talking about or wanted from me. And they all looked at me so expectantly when they'd given me a hint.

But I'll still love Baggie for all eternity. She thought I was 10 years younger than I actually am!

Comment

Thank you *admires new boots* Don't my feet look pretty.
                      Er,yes..if you say so .
                      Dunlop..the "New" Manolo's ?
                      Worth a try.
                      So you're going to spend the next 11 months behind the couch?
                      Tempting thought ! It's lovely and warm behind the couch.However,our cat won't tolerate me invading his fave spot,near the radiator,and RL won't allow me to hibernate....
                      No, it wouldn't. My English isn't that bad, yet most of the time I had no idea what the others were talking about or wanted from me. And they all looked at me so expectantly when they'd given me a hint.
                      ((((((Feli))))))) Apologies for that . The trouble is,your English and your accent are so good,I and Hubs forgot that the Brit version game contains a lot of political and social references that aren't apparent to anyone from other countries !
                      (The US version is the same.I got nowhere playing against my nephew at a family gathering a few years ago.I knew almost nothing about the US politicians and sportsmen and only got the question about the Green Bay Packers right as I knew my US relations (from Milwaukee) supported them. )

But I'll still love Baggie for all eternity. She thought I was 10 years younger than I actually am!
                      Prost !
                      *Raises teacup*

ETA : Scuttles back to do the daily countdown for Mal...

317 Days to go...
                      Last edited by Bagpuss; 03 January 2006, 04:56 AM.
                      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I've been in the UK long enough to cope with most of the questions, and we get nearly all the UK TV shows in NZ, but sports I'm hopeless at. I'd been here almost six years before I discovered that you're not ever likely to get a match titled Spurs V Tottenham!
                        sigpic

Comment

Great! Good opportunity to practice my German. Having said that, by Gabit I'll have a degree in German and be doing a masters!!!
                          Yepp, it's blank down here.

Comment

the Brit version game contains a lot of political and social references that aren't apparent to anyone from other countries !
                            It's the same for all country versions. I did get a sports question right though, I think it was something about Kevin Keegan, wasn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Tracy Jane
                              Great! Good opportunity to practice my German. Having said that, by Gabit I'll have a degree in German and be doing a masters!!!
                              You can practice your German on me as much as you want to. Please start by complimenting my shoes...

Do you know yet what your master thesis is going to be about?

Comment

I'm signed up for this year. Me, my sister and my mom actually. Cocktail party as well. If nothing goes wrong, we will be there. Bumming that they don't allow 3 to a room though. Maybe a roommate for mom.
                                Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                                Anon

Comment

Working...
                                X