• Show
Clear All

ah, gotcha.

me got confused
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Woah, wait till I go to sleep and all this talk! You've raised some good points though, and ones I will be discussing with GABIT.
      Well, I'm all in for a chocolate party if you'll have me. Since I'm Belgian, I guess I'll be bringing a generous supply...
      sigpic

Comment

You can sit next to me
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
          Julia and Mumsey - just a little question - is it alright for me to bring something to AT6 to be auctioned for S4K? I had Amanda sign the mouse she used on the set of Atlantis - it comes with a certificate of authenticity - I hope you guys will be able to accept it. Will post a picture later.
          Cheers. xo
          All contributions to the auctions at GABIT events are very much appreciated. Each is a valuable addition to the funds we raise for our wonderful charities.

Mumsey
          For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            I am all for another chocolate party (will not be sharing my Faser Mints though I will bring chocolate from home). I am also in favour of Neep organising the party (although I do worry that will mean bring chocolate but not pants )

As for invitees, there have been some excellent points raised. While we absolutely want to be inclusive, the reality is that not everyone can be present because the only rooms big enough to hold everyone are where the Q & As and the disco take place. Not fair to Gabit to make them schedule the party. I also agree with the comments about holding it with the disco.

My view is that if we have a separate lunch room like at AT3 then we can hold it there like we did that year. There was plenty of room and as people come in we can let them know they are welcome to join us. If there is no separate lunch room then I would prefer we get a corner of the bar area like at AT4, even if we have to squish in. At least it allowed a visit.

Seems to me that we have become the victims of our own success, mention chocolate and everyone comes running! There certainly is more than enough to share and I would like folks to know they are welcome but I'm not sure advertising it everywhere is the answer.
            I agree with you EH-T

Julia(samcarterrules)
            sigpic
            Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

Originally posted by samcarterrules View Post
              I agree with you EH-T

Julia(samcarterrules)
              Have I ever mentioned what a smart young woman I think you are?

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
                Woah, wait till I go to sleep and all this talk! You've raised some good points though, and ones I will be discussing with GABIT.
                I have scheduled the Samandan Chocolate party on my working schedule. It never appears on the main schedule and there are reasons why which I will explain. At the moment it is scheduled for 3.20 to 4.15 on the Saturday. It follows something special on screen in the main hall and while the photo session is on. Anyone organising it (Neep for example) can ask Liesl (the attendee liaison) to ensure that she has her photo before the chocolate party. I have also reserved the same bar area as last time.

With regard to the fact that it is a "Samandan" chocolate party. This was how it started, as a group of Samandans who plotted it on here, but it has never been exclusive in that anyone who wants to take part can, provided they contact the organiser (Neep) beforehand. This keeps the numbers to a manageable level for the hotel and the area we have reserved. It simply is not possible to find a separate room for this, although we have tried various alternatives over the last few events, but the bar area alcove proved the most popular and most accessible. Often there are groups from separate Amanda related forums who arrange to meet at our Events in one capacity or another. I personally don't think it is devisive to call it a "Samandan" chocolate party provided allcomers are welcome, but it is your thing and so your decision. The reason it is not advertised on the schedule is that it then becomes an official part of the event and you would be swamped by people wanting to take part, and frankly, 250 people consuming chocolate in the bar area would be impossible. It is however "unofficially" scheduled and booked for you if you want to hold it.

And in answer to Chelle, as Mumsey said, we welcome donations for the auctions. What you have sounds fab and I would be pleased to discuss it with you after AT5!

Take care everyone,

Julia
                G4
                To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Hey hey folks!

Not sure if anyone remembers me - *dusts off Gateworld account* - it's certainly been a while!

Geekysam (antoa) nudged me back in here as I'm living in London now and definitely missing al you awesome Stargate/Sanctuary people...

Still doing the math on whether I can afford an AT5 ticket, but I am DEFINITELY up for meeting up with people that week/weekend

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
                    spoilered for length
                    Spoiler:
                    I have scheduled the Samandan Chocolate party on my working schedule. It never appears on the main schedule and there are reasons why which I will explain. At the moment it is scheduled for 3.20 to 4.15 on the Saturday. It follows something special on screen in the main hall and while the photo session is on. Anyone organising it (Neep for example) can ask Liesl (the attendee liaison) to ensure that she has her photo before the chocolate party. I have also reserved the same bar area as last time.

With regard to the fact that it is a "Samandan" chocolate party. This was how it started, as a group of Samandans who plotted it on here, but it has never been exclusive in that anyone who wants to take part can, provided they contact the organiser (Neep) beforehand. This keeps the numbers to a manageable level for the hotel and the area we have reserved. It simply is not possible to find a separate room for this, although we have tried various alternatives over the last few events, but the bar area alcove proved the most popular and most accessible. Often there are groups from separate Amanda related forums who arrange to meet at our Events in one capacity or another. I personally don't think it is devisive to call it a "Samandan" chocolate party provided allcomers are welcome, but it is your thing and so your decision. The reason it is not advertised on the schedule is that it then becomes an official part of the event and you would be swamped by people wanting to take part, and frankly, 250 people consuming chocolate in the bar area would be impossible. It is however "unofficially" scheduled and booked for you if you want to hold it.

And in answer to Chelle, as Mumsey said, we welcome donations for the auctions. What you have sounds fab and I would be pleased to discuss it with you after AT5!

Take care everyone,

Julia
                    G4
                    Julia is way ahead of us Thank you!!

I'm very ok with having it in the bar area, making it open to other people who need to contact Neep beforehand. And not advertising it on other forums and stuff.
                    I suppose that would probably keep it around the same number of people as last time which was just fine.

I don't know what this means:
                    I personally don't think it is devisive to call it a "Samandan" chocolate party provided allcomers are welcome, but it is your thing and so your decision.
                    But I guess the name really is not that important especially if we're not advertising it.

Welcome back Myblackrose ... though I have no idea who you are .. lol. Have you been to other AT events??
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post

Take care everyone,

Julia
                      G4
                      Not to mention dangerous, all those people hyped up on chocolate!

Thanks Julia, sounds good to me. Hope the shoulder is coming along OK.

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
                      Hey hey folks!

Not sure if anyone remembers me - *dusts off Gateworld account* - it's certainly been a while!

Geekysam (antoa) nudged me back in here as I'm living in London now and definitely missing al you awesome Stargate/Sanctuary people...

Still doing the math on whether I can afford an AT5 ticket, but I am DEFINITELY up for meeting up with people that week/weekend
                      Not really sure who you are but I'm old and forgetful. Welcome back. Hope the math works out and you can swing a ticket.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

I can vouch for myblackrose. As can Neep since we shared some chips in a pub with her after AT4. She's geek people.

Yay! I hope you can get a ticket. At the least you need to come and geek out with us!

Comment

The term Samandan stands for Sam and Amanda fans right?? Even though we refer it to the thread specific to Sam/Amanda here on GW the actual name/term seems appropriate for anything regarding Sam/Amanda...so just thinking out loud here, I don't think it's divisive either to use the term Samandan chocolate party.
                          Wish I could be there for the fun and what not...AT6 is a WIP for me right now. But speaking of chocolate, I have a huge box sitting only a few feet away from me full of chocolates and gingerbread and lollies galore! Christmas tradition is that every child receives a plate of chocolate that magically refills after new years!! It's like a Samandan chocolate party at Christmas!
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Oooh, Hi!
                            Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

56 days!

Comment

only 49 days till i cross the puddle-still don't have flight reservations. better get that done real soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X