No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jumble you were looking for photos of dan shea? go back to post #16992. i finally posted the ones from the chicago con.

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose (mocha) View Post
      jumble you were looking for photos of dan shea? go back to post #16992. i finally posted the ones from the chicago con.
      I've passed the link on to Sarai, she loves them! Thank you very much for being so generous with your pics

Comment

She certainly does - thanks Mocha!!

Comment

you're very welcome.

149 days till AT5

Comment

Originally posted by penjab View Post
            If this is your 1st event put your name below:
            Devilish Me
            XFchemist
            Jumble
            Sarai
            Josiane
            Cags
            Andy
            MidwifeOnBoard
            penjab (Jill)
            Doikecarter
            mamasue9

If this is your 2nd event put your name below:
            2Shy
            Lame moose(mocha)

If this is your 3rd event put your name below:
            SamJackShipLover (Annelies)
            LLP (Laurie)
            Cel/Brenda
            Erin13 (Erin)
            Dona (donamac)
            EH-T
            Hannah/Titta
            LeeFraser (Alison)

If this is your 4th event put your name below:
            Julia(samcarterrules)
            Riftzone

If this is your 5th event put your name below:
            dipsofjazz (Bev)
            clairec007 (Claire)

Have booked hotel, sharing with Claire (one of the 5-timers!) as I did last time, and have booked my flights - not the long haul many of you have, just for Newcastle, but still exciting! Suddenly seems much closer.

Comment

well, my old reliable scooter that i use for yard work and snow plowing in winter died a few days ago. i took it to the repair place and they said that it needed several organ transplants so we made it a DNR (do not resusitate)and it is now gone. that means i will have to dig into my AT5 savings to get a replacement. i guess i won't be spending as much at the auction as i did at TSE. bummer! goodbye old bessie.

Comment

If this is your 1st event put your name below:
                Devilish Me
                XFchemist
                Jumble
                Sarai
                Josiane
                Cags
                Andy
                MidwifeOnBoard
                penjab (Jill)
                Doikecarter
                mamasue9
                elephantgirl

If this is your 2nd event put your name below:
                2Shy
                Lame moose(mocha)

If this is your 3rd event put your name below:
                SamJackShipLover (Annelies)
                LLP (Laurie)
                Cel/Brenda
                Erin13 (Erin)
                Dona (donamac)
                EH-T
                Hannah/Titta

If this is your 4th event put your name below:
                Julia(samcarterrules)
                Riftzone

If this is your 5th event put your name below:
                dipsofjazz (Bev)
                clairec007 (Claire)
                sigpic

Comment

*waves*

I haven't bought my plane ticket yet because I haven't decided just how long I want to stay in the UK. I'm booked into the Ren from Weds to Mon, but may come in earlier or leave later, not sure. Curious if anyone is willing to share when they are arriving/leaving and where they are planning on going. Recs for reasonably priced hotels that are clean & comfy if I decide to come early or leave late would be greatly appreciated!
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

We'll be there early and plan to stay in a sweet little hotel in London before and afterward for a few days. I'll PM the hotel website to you.

Also, I believe we're planning on doing the Jack the Ripper tour again this year...no matter how cold it might be. Since you're coming in on Wednesday, perhaps this might interest you as well?

Here's the site.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      We'll be there early and plan to stay in a sweet little hotel in London before and afterward for a few days. I'll PM the hotel website to you.

Also, I believe we're planning on doing the Jack the Ripper tour again this year...no matter how cold it might be. Since you're coming in on Wednesday, perhaps this might interest you as well?

Here's the site.
                      Oooh! Definitely!

PM seen! Will message you back.
                      sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

a friend of mine always stays at the Ibis - right down the street - and she says it's a fraction of hte ren and a good hotel

there is also a holiday inn about 2 blocks away that might/might not be better. just seen it, never even walked in the door
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

If I were going to AT5 I would definitely stay at the Ren again...it's very convenient but it's the attendees who are staying there that make it most fun. I couldn't imagine leaving the hotel at 2am to return by 8am...but that's just me. I like love the atmosphere at the Ren with all the fans. Besides, the pizza isn't too bad either and cheap if you share it with others. And the breakfast is lovely too.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

i wanna say she said it was the difference between 200 pounds a night and 100 or less or something.....but it's been a couple of years.

and yes, there is something to be said for staying in the con hotel. for MTM and TSE, we stayed at a best western a couple of blocks away....so there was that walk every morning and afternoon, the need to bring with you all you'd need for the day...an boy was it interesting to walk to the con in the costumes for the abnormal's ball
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hi

I'd recommend staying at the Ren, esp with discount price thanks to GABIT.

Comment

Hi there !

Just dropping into the conversation, if you don't mind !
                                Since you're talking about hotels, I'm french and plan to do some visiting in London before and after the convention. I already have a roomie but she'll only arrive on friday, so... I'm looking for someone willing to share a room with me from wednesday or thurday until friday, at the Ren or in any other (quite cheap) hotel)

If you're interested, don't hesitate to pm me !

Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                                X