No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reason for reconsidering- just saw Cel and ATF onto their respective planes. Chelle is next, we are waiting at the airport.

We.... dragged Chelle to the top of my mountain () on Kapiti Island, where we saw some of the worlds rarest birds. http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-rec...ature-reserve/

Flung ourselves off a canyon on a flying fox and did a bridge swing (similar to a bungy jump), scaring the **** out of Chelle (). http://www.gravitycanyon.co.nz/

Searched out little spotted kiwis in the dark at the Sanctuary ()... Have joined tiny number of people who have actually seen kiwis in their natural habitat. http://www.sanctuary.org.nz/

Took the cable car up to Carter Observatory ( ) http://www.wellingtoncablecar.co.nz/ http://carterobservatory.org/

Don't want them to be gone. Makes me sad.

ETA: Chelle would like to point out that we dragged her up the steep track to the highest point on Kapiti, and some of the steps were as high as her knees!

(So, like... 6 inches or so? *ducks and runs*)
    Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Oh, my sister was strapped to Chelle and yelled "Holy ****! Holy ****! Holy ****!" all the way down. Heh.
      Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

You cheeky bugger Neep! Kapiti is steep rugged terrain...I thought I did ok making it to the top. Been there....got the blisters to prove it too!
        As for bungy swing scaring the bejeezus out of me....it was Neeps sister who screamed out the profanities on the way down...I just screamed and lauged my ass off! I'm not sure what was worse though...the jumps or the drive home...we were all buggered. And Neep...sorry angel but you're just not a good human form GPS!! We got lost and went the loooong way round. And Brenda pretending to want to throw up...so not funny! Amanda was quiet and slept through the shenanigans...smart girl. Marion and Neep...typical twins...competitive all the way...who goes first, who's right and who's wrong...resorting to using a stop watch to time the distance from a set of traffic lights in one town to the next one in the next town...still unresolved!! Such a cracker!
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Marian doesn't think it was resolved, but the stopwatch doesn't lie! Clearly 5 mins 40 seconds.

I thought it was 5 mins to the next town, she thought it was 10. I won. Just sayin'.

Also the hanged/hung debate. http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/hanged.html

Won there too. Haha Cel, love you really!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
            You cheeky bugger Neep! Kapiti is steep rugged terrain...I thought I did ok making it to the top. Been there....got the blisters to prove it too!
            As for bungy swing scaring the bejeezus out of me....it was Neeps sister who screamed out the profanities on the way down...I just screamed and lauged my ass off! I'm not sure what was worse though...the jumps or the drive home...we were all buggered. And Neep...sorry angel but you're just not a good human form GPS!! We got lost and went the loooong way round. And Brenda pretending to want to throw up...so not funny! Amanda was quiet and slept through the shenanigans...smart girl. Marion and Neep...typical twins...competitive all the way...who goes first, who's right and who's wrong...resorting to using a stop watch to time the distance from a set of traffic lights in one town to the next one in the next town...still unresolved!! Such a cracker!
            Oh why thank you....
            sigpic

Amanda_Tapping_Fan

Comment

Originally posted by Amanda_Tapping_Fan View Post
              Oh why thank you....
              Heh.
              Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

you may not hear until the gabit people return to england and have a chance to recouparate from TSE/MTM.

Comment

Ah, the irony.

While in Vangroovy, we saw them filming along 99 and then they were filming a commercial at Azia when we went there for dinner. (the guy warned us we might end up in their video. we told him not to worry, we wouldn't demand credits )We were wondering what they had been filming along the highway and excited that we had spotted someone filming.

Then I came home and there were a bunch of trailers/trucks on the street coming into my neighborhood and in the church parking lot on the corner. I thought they were setting up a carnival or something and was dreading all the noise and traffic. Turns out, they're filming a movie two blocks from my house!

http://www.thenewsherald.com/article...2261112373.txt

Who'da thunk they'd ever be filming in little ole Taylor. (A,D & M had teased about doing it - sure wish it was them. I'd be taking more time off work )
                  Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                  William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                  Anon

Comment

on granville street we walked through them filming some little scene for Taking Kate or whatever.

doubt we'll be in it but who knows

and yeah, i doubt there will be any word at all about AT5 tickets until at least the weekend, if not next week.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                      We're registered for AT5!!!! Now just waiting and hoping we got in in time
                      Me, too! Hope it all comes together so I really can attend!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                        I'm assuming registering doesn't necessarily mean you have a spot? I registered and got the automated registration confirmation, but no email yet on how to send payment. I'm assuming I don't have a spot until I get that email.
                        Becky told me that Mumsey will be handling it when they return and are rested from this adventure in Vancouver.
                        sigpic

Comment

if you haven't heard anything about AT5 by the end of august, then worry.

Until then, I'd imagine it'll take them the better part of this week to tear down and even think about flying back, getting over jet lag and getting their lives back in order.

And they have all sorts of post con stuff to sort through too.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm sure you're right Sky, but it's hard to be patient

Please, IF ANYONE HAS A PIC of that Meet & Greet hug, could you pm it to me? I have one good one, but I'd like to see more

Comment

was mine the good one?

Comment

*skips in*

I checked the Gabit site, but couldn't find any info so thought I'd lay out the question here as I'm sure the Gabit folks won't be answering any emails for quite some time.

Does anyone know if there tickets still available for purchase for AT5?

ETA: So that's what jet lag does?! Found the registration site and picking up a ticket for a very awesome person so she can attend again. We'll work out the godawful flight situation later for the both of us.
                                Last edited by Celandine; 10 August 2010, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X