GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    Just a reminder to anyone that's bringing any baby gifts for the virtual baby shower for Lies, please get anything to me on SATURDAY

I've found a canada post that's open on Sunday so I'll try to mail it out then so that I don't have to take it back home with me. If you miss me on Saturday (and I won't be hard to miss, I'm on main hall door duty, so i'll be in the room for every single talk) i can take things back and mail a second package, but it'd be cool if i could get it all mailed and off to her on Sunday
    *is excited*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2Shy View Post
      Just dropping in after a week of fishing at the cabin with not internet or cell phone (!) to say that I truly hope everyone arrived in Vanctuary safely and that you all at TSE is having a fabulous time and that it's all that you hope hoped for.
      That Julia's schedule is keeping time and tings are running smoothly for the G4, GABIT and volunteers. And of course that a lot of money is raised for S4K this weekend.

And when things are done and you've managed to gatherer your thoughts and wits (optional) and regained some much needed seep the rest of us are soooo looking forward to hearing your stories, seeing your pictures and getting to experience this amazing event through you guys!

Have great and wonderful time guys!
      Wits? After no sleep? You've got to be kidding.

Originally posted by NZNeep View Post
      Oh my... guys! EH-T... ?

@amandatapping S4K auction tonight raised over $30,000!!! We are all overwhelmed by the incredible love. Can't stop crying. I'm so overwhelmed. LOVE!

@amandatapping You people make this world better and brighter. #TSE is amazing! Thank you from my overflowing and humbled heart. Our fans are the best!!

@amandatapping I finally stopped crying. A small group of fans with their selfless grace and beautiful generosity have elevated this world. Crying again.
      I may have participated a bit but everyone contributed in a huge way to the $90,000.00 raised. I salute my fellow fans, the fab Gabit folk and all the Sanctuary and S4Ks people.

Oh, may have had AT run a wee bit too.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I may have participated a bit but everyone contributed in a huge way to the $90,000.00 raised. I salute my fellow fans, the fab Gabit folk and all the Sanctuary and S4Ks people.

Half the fun is making them run.
        Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
        William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
        Anon

Comment

Heee! Having a beer with Cel in the airport lounge, Chelle will be here soon!
          Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

So I've got yet another reminder of the AT5 Photo Mosaic Project, it’s just under 4 weeks left. (deadline is September 1st). I gotten my hands on some great TSE pics already but I know there's many more out there, as well as other AT pics I haven't gotten my hands on yet. I know people are still traveling and haven't gotten time to sort their photos yet, but when you do, I would love it if you sent me a few your photos to [email protected] so I can add them to the project.

And still, anyone that have the slightest of photoshop know how are of course welcomed to join in on the fun of making tiles! Just send me mail at [email protected] if you want to join in!

I’m so thrilled and humbled by all the people that are helping out with this, and by the looks of it we’ll be hitting the target number of 6000 tiles before deadline. (However I will be collecting photos and tiles all the way up to the set deadline, the more I got the better the final mosaic will be)

I’ve also been doing some smaller test runs of assembling a mosaic out of the tiles I’ve got so far, testing out possible template images and frankly... it looks freaking awesome! I can’t wait to show you guys! (But that of course have to wait until everything is done )

I’m super proud of the work we’re doing here. And the amazing result from TSE have gotten me, if possible, even more motivated and eager to make a good job with this project. The power of fandom is truly beautiful.

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

You, making AT run, again?!?
            Isn't about time some flashes you 'the badge'?

Heee! Having a beer with Cel in the airport lounge, Chelle will be here soon!
            Give Cel and Chelle big hugs from me and have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Just a reminder to anyone that's bringing any baby gifts for the virtual baby shower for Lies, please get anything to me on SATURDAY

I've found a canada post that's open on Sunday so I'll try to mail it out then so that I don't have to take it back home with me. If you miss me on Saturday (and I won't be hard to miss, I'm on main hall door duty, so i'll be in the room for every single talk) i can take things back and mail a second package, but it'd be cool if i could get it all mailed and off to her on Sunday
              I've got some items for you. You're sitting in the same row as me so I'm sure I'll find you.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

got home about 3 hours ago. i'm not a happy camper. quick, somebody tell me how many days till AT5. i need something to look forward to.

Comment

Hanging with Chelle and Cel... Went to Carter Observatory this morning. Heee.
                  Neep, NZBG, Eileen!

Made with love and chocolate brownies by Spacegirlnz

Pooh-Bah/Ko-Ko FTW!

Comment

Hanging with Chelle and Cel... Went to Carter Observatory this morning. Heee.
                    Awesome that you guys are hanging out!! Have fun!!

A couple of more pictures of Milou

Spoiler:
                    with the gift Hannah (Tittamiire) send her! It's so cute!

Just finished her bottle from daddy ... content much?

First time in the carseat

First time in the car

Oh ... and I'm all for starting an AT5 countdown
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                      Awesome that you guys are hanging out!! Have fun!!

A couple of more pictures of Milou

Spoiler:
                      with the gift Hannah (Tittamiire) send her! It's so cute!

Just finished her bottle from daddy ... content much?

First time in the carseat

First time in the car

Oh ... and I'm all for starting an AT5 countdown
                      Aww, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Hi Y'all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me a little more about these AT cons? I might be in Europe in Feb, and I see there are tickets available. I'm vasciliating. But I'm also not sure, I might be shooting something in Feb which would preclude being able to go anyhow. Just curious what goes down at one-person cons and how worthwhile the pricey ticket is. I am planning on going to next years TSE if they have another one, but am intrigued by the notion of AT5.

Thanks in advance.
                        MoB
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                          Hi Y'all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me a little more about these AT cons? I might be in Europe in Feb, and I see there are tickets available. I'm vasciliating. But I'm also not sure, I might be shooting something in Feb which would preclude being able to go anyhow. Just curious what goes down at one-person cons and how worthwhile the pricey ticket is. I am planning on going to next years TSE if they have another one, but am intrigued by the notion of AT5.

Thanks in advance.
                          MoB
                          Totally worthwhile! Amanda does 4 Q&A sessions, all of which are highly entertaining. The woman knows how to capitivate an audience. And the questions inevitably lead to hilarious stories. You also get a photo with Amanda and an autograph. You can also opt for the cocktail party on Friday night, which allows you and your table mates a few minutes to talk to Amanda. And all of the aforementioned wonderfulness is on top of all the fantastic fellow fans that you will meet. You are guaranteed to leave with new friends that you will look forward to seeing at future cons. And to top ALL of that off, are the gracious folks of G4 and their volunteer crew.

I've attended two of the AT cons in England (soooooo wish I could go to the next one), and just returned from the TSE con in Vancouver. The only downside is how fast the time goes by, over way too soon.

Have I over sold it?
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                            Totally worthwhile! Amanda does 4 Q&A sessions, all of which are highly entertaining. The woman knows how to capitivate an audience. And the questions inevitably lead to hilarious stories. You also get a photo with Amanda and an autograph. You can also opt for the cocktail party on Friday night, which allows you and your table mates a few minutes to talk to Amanda. And all of the aforementioned wonderfulness is on top of all the fantastic fellow fans that you will meet. You are guaranteed to leave with new friends that you will look forward to seeing at future cons. And to top ALL of that off, are the gracious folks of G4 and their volunteer crew.

I've attended two of the AT cons in England (soooooo wish I could go to the next one), and just returned from the TSE con in Vancouver. The only downside is how fast the time goes by, over way too soon.

Have I over sold it?
                            It sounds really lovely! I'm also kind of nervy about attending a con alone. My friends who I'd normally go with aren't big SG/AT people. There's one I can probably persuade to go to TSE, but so far I've come up empty on this one. Does the cocktail party sell out early? The whole non-refundable, non-transferrable thing is tough for that price. At least with SDCC and D*C you can get your money back if something comes up, you know?

I'm still thinking about it. Gah. I don't know, lol.
                            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Just re-replying to add that I am 99% sold on going now. Just trying to convince my BFF (who forced me to watch SG1 in the first place) to come with. But even if she declines, I think I'm going to come anyhow. I can meet up with some of my BSG peeps after the con too, so it would be a double win. Or as Nathan Fillion would say: DRATW!
                              sigpic

Comment

i guarantee you won't regret it. coming alone is no problem. i was alone at the last event-at4, but everyone is very friendly and goes out of their way to make you feel like you're one of the gang.

Comment

Working...
                                X