No announcement yet.

GABIT attendees thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was actually really nice that some of our repeat attendees came along tot he newbie meet & greet. A little bit of mixing doesn't do any harm. The last thing we want is for the newbies to be exclude from the other attendees manic fun, so everyone is welcome at the newbie party.

I was really glad I got the time to come along too. I know quite a lot of the attendees already, mostly for the right reasons And it was great for me too to put names to faces even if it was for a fleeting second before my brian go overloaded and I was distracted withthe next crisis, I mean challenge

Looking forward to it.

becks, who doesn't herself have to dot any I's or T's because there are no I's or T's in my signature and everything esle is typed... hmmmm....

Keep your eyes peeled to the Gabitevents tweets today for the big reveal

Comment

Originally posted by becky_preen View Post
      It was actually really nice that some of our repeat attendees came along tot he newbie meet & greet. A little bit of mixing doesn't do any harm. The last thing we want is for the newbies to be exclude from the other attendees manic fun, so everyone is welcome at the newbie party.

I was really glad I got the time to come along too. I know quite a lot of the attendees already, mostly for the right reasons And it was great for me too to put names to faces even if it was for a fleeting second before my brian go overloaded and I was distracted withthe next crisis, I mean challenge

Looking forward to it.

becks, who doesn't herself have to dot any I's or T's because there are no I's or T's in my signature and everything esle is typed... hmmmm....

Sheeet. You teasingly serious? Who has a T or I in their name? *frantically thinks*

Emilie Ullerup?
      Agam Darshi?
      Jonathon Young?

In hangman, those are two of the most common letters chosen! It could be anyone! Argh!

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        I think it is difficult for people who are not fans to attend. If they are not fans of Stargate or Sanctuary they will be pretty lost in the Q & As. However, at AT3 I met a lady who had come as a chaperone for her niece. Never seen Stargate but by the end of the weekend was a big AT fan so you never know.
        Anke is not a fan and she's been to every Gabit event since AT2. She usually has no idea what Amanda is talking about but she just loves the event and enjoys the way AT interacts with the fans.

dotting I's and crossing t's again....

Becks
        *crosses fingers* Jonathon Young! *pretty please*

Oooo...you are such a tease.

Anxiously waiting.........

Are you done yet?
        Seems to be one long name.

Looking forward to it.

Uargh! That is so mean! I'll be at the IIHF World Championship (again) today and my telecommunication company still doesn't deliver tweets to my mobile. I tried checking my mail at the arena last night and couldn't get an internet connection so I can't check twitter either. *blech*

Russia plays Kazakhstan, Belarus plays Slovakia and I have free tickets for both.
        I get to see Ovechkin play!
        Hopefully there will be lots of Russian fans there, they always rock the house.

*bumbling out of the thread to get some work done before hockey takes over*

Comment

Hey, that was my 4000th post. I estimate that 3000 of them were made while anxiously awaiting some announcement or other from Gabit. The other 1000 were about curling.
          Congratulations !!!

Comment

<snip>
            Will you be sending the courier pigeons out today too?

Comment

Originally posted by Tittamiire View Post
              Moose! My best moose story is this one...

When I was living in Colorado ...<snip>
              So are we talking moose or elk? There aren't many moose in Colorado, but there are lots of elk. Both are pretty tasty.

Moose = http://wildlife.state.co.us/Wildlife...mals/Moose.htm

Elk = http://www.vallescaldera.gov/comevis...lk_running.jpg

Most of my experiences are with pronghorn antelope = http://www.nps.gov/archive/wica/pronghorn.htm

These guys are littler, very nervous and skittish, and much faster than elk or moose. My sister married a guy who worked for a big outfitter in southwest Colorado. He would set up camp and cook then track elk, mountain sheep/goats, bear, deer, etc. for the hunting groups. When they got married, they moved to northeast Colorado on the other side of the mountains, where there are antelope, but no trees or vegetative cover higher than your ankle. He decided he was going to hunt antelope with a bow to lay in some meat over the winter. We all told him he was insane for even trying with a bow. Antelope are hard enough to get with rifles.

The first year he did see some antelope, but didn't get within a mile of them as they are very nervous, have a keen sense of smell, and can run up to 70 miles per hour. The second year, he was able to stalk them to within a couple of hundred yards, but when he came up to shoot, they all ran away. The third year he actually got one arrow off before they scattered. The fourth year he missed by a couple of yards, twice. The fifth year, he finally got one. The rest of the herd ran off due to all the hooping and hollering.

After field dressing it, he took the remaining 4 pounds of meat home to proudly show my sister. My sister laughed and said "That's not much to show for 5 years." Oh, she is cruel

In the meantime, she shot 4 elk and 2 mule deer to fill the freezer. For one of the elk, she was 6 months pregnant and another she was 3 months along and tracked 7 miles. Never get between a mother and food for her kids

Comment

I'm waiting. Waiting impatiently!
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Thanks guys!!

I have to admit.. I'm actually not scared at all.. Well, just a bit, that I do something wrong or miss something and get all confused... But I'm not scared about meeting all of you. I'm a pretty outgoing person, I can be shy, but when I have to, I will just go to people and say hi, cause to me that's less embarrassing than standing somewhere alone looking around like I missed a train or something.

Oh and I've lived in Colorado Springs for a year. No moose story from me, though. I was busy looking at Cheyenne Mountain all the time. LOL.

Exactly 9 more months today...

Comment

So a general question: what are you looking forward to the most about AT5 (other than the obvious of meeting Amanda)?

Oh and here, have another AT4 pic http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...n/DSCF1257.jpg

Is anyone like me hoping Amanda will sing again?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by halfbloodme View Post
                      So a general question: what are you looking forward to the most about AT5 (other than the obvious of meeting Amanda)?
                      Other than meeting Amanda, I'm just looking forward to the whole experience. I for one like traveling by myself, I love the adventure, I love meeting new people from all over the world, speaking English again and of course meeting people that have the same interest. I don't have friends that are into Stargate, Sanctuary or Amanda at all and I'm just in for everything that will come. Just fun and getting away from home and work and all that. Have to say, I'm a huge concert fan, I travel for concerts, too. Last week I went to Madrid for a concert and then of course sightseeing and met up with friends who like the same singer. I expect AT5 to be somewhat similar to those experiences and that's just my thing!

Comment

[QUOTE=Celandine;11495207]Sheeet. You teasingly serious? Who has a T or I in their name? *frantically thinks*

Emilie Ullerup?
                        Agam Darshi?
                        Jonathon Young?

i think what becks meant was no I's or T's in HER name, not the new surprise guest's name.

Comment

Con dancing!!!

(maybe not the most though ... lol ... but a lot ... hehe).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lame moose View Post
                            i think what becks meant was no I's or T's in HER name, not the new surprise guest's name.
                            Oh, I think it's become a bit of a running joke with the G4 when new guests are introduced. I was more or less playing along by trying to guess who might be added next.

Originally posted by SamJackShipLover View Post
                            Con dancing!!!

(maybe not the most though ... lol ... but a lot ... hehe).
                            Woo! Can't wait either! My costume is coming along too though I hope security at the airport doesn't confiscate the best part of it and cite it as being a deadly weapon.

ETA - From Gabit Central: Two more guests for Sanctuary Experience! Lovely @AgamDarshi & Robert Lawrenson join @amandatapping and our other guests in Vangroovy. Fun!
                            19 minutes ago via Tweetie

Wheee!
                            Last edited by Celandine; 11 May 2010, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                              So are we talking moose or elk? There aren't many moose in Colorado, but there are lots of elk. Both are pretty tasty.
                              They were definitely moose. I had a good look at them (and them at me) I actually saw a lot more moose than elk while I lived there. I don't know about numbers, but it seemed that moose were a lot more likely to take a stroll through populated areas than elk and thus were easier to spot.

Hugs from awesome people Lots of hugs!

And I am going to endeavour not to drop anybody on their head this convention *looks angelic*
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
                              My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Looking forward to it.

Darn. Just when I was planning to crash the next one (following Cel's example) now I find out we are actually welcome.

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                                Anke is not a fan and she's been to every Gabit event since AT2. She usually has no idea what Amanda is talking about but she just loves the event and enjoys the way AT interacts with the fans.

*crosses fingers* Jonathon Young! *pretty please*

Seems to be one long name.

Uargh! That is so mean! I'll be at the IIHF World Championship (again) today and my telecommunication company still doesn't deliver tweets to my mobile. I tried checking my mail at the arena last night and couldn't get an internet connection so I can't check twitter either. *blech*

Russia plays Kazakhstan, Belarus plays Slovakia and I have free tickets for both.
                                I get to see Ovechkin play!
                                Hopefully there will be lots of Russian fans there, they always rock the house.

*bumbling out of the thread to get some work done before hockey takes over*
                                Were you at the game where they set a record for attendance?

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                                Will you be sending the courier pigeons out today too?
                                That's how I get all my memos.

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                                Thanks guys!!

I have to admit.. I'm actually not scared at all.. Well, just a bit, that I do something wrong or miss something and get all confused... But I'm not scared about meeting all of you. I'm a pretty outgoing person, I can be shy, but when I have to, I will just go to people and say hi, cause to me that's less embarrassing than standing somewhere alone looking around like I missed a train or something.

Oh and I've lived in Colorado Springs for a year. No moose story from me, though. I was busy looking at Cheyenne Mountain all the time. LOL.

Exactly 9 more months today...
                                Actually, with some of the folk on this thread, you should be scared.

Is anyone like me hoping Amanda will sing again?
                                Hard to say, there are lots of good parts.

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                                Oh, I think it's become a bit of a running joke with the G4 when new guests are introduced. I was more or less playing along by trying to guess who might be added next.

Woo! Can't wait either! My costume is coming along too though I hope security at the airport doesn't confiscate the best part of it and cite it as being a deadly weapon.

ETA - From Gabit Central: Two more guests for Sanctuary Experience! Lovely @AgamDarshi & Robert Lawrenson join @amandatapping and our other guests in Vangroovy. Fun!
                                19 minutes ago via Tweetie

Wheee!
                                Thanks for the update. More great guests. I'm beginning to wonder how they are going to pack all those guests into two days!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X