Clear All

AT5-Regurgitated

AT5-Rejoice
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JuliaR View Post
      spoilers for length
      Spoiler:
      You're not a bad mother Chelle for using pacifiers. I was totally anti them so was my husband, but in the end my daughter needed a "soother" when she was a wee thing and I don't feel like a bad mum - never did. She used it rather than her thumb to go to sleep but was never given it when we went out - it was for in her cot only and only for a very small amount of time and we soon weaned her off it.

If I have any advice to give new mums (or not so new mums) it would be this.

DON'T spend all your time fretting about what everyone else is saying you should do or your child should be doing, or that your baby/child isn't doing what others are doing, or worrying that they're not holding their pencil right or haven't reached a certain standard that others have or whatever else competitive standards now exist in schools or among new mums. Just ENJOY being with them, enjoying loving them, enjoy playing with them and reading with them and having them there. Because the years fly by and before you know it they rightly have lives of their own. And if they do and they're happy, then you've done a good job anyway. And you'll realise that they grew up just fine and did all the things all the other kids did, and even if they didn't do everything everyone else seemed to do, it didn't matter, and in the end everything balanced out. And if you've spent all that precious time worrying about stuff and not simply enjoying being with them, what a waste of those years!

So don't sweat over stuff that, in the general scheme of things is unimportant, just spend the time enjoying the fact that you're being their mum and do the best you can and remember one golden rule -

TALK to them. Encourage them to talk to you. Tell them they can tell you anything and you're always there to listen, and guess what? They will talk to you and ask your advice, and then when they get older they'll still tell you everything and ask for your advice, and your relationship will be closer because of what you taught them about it when they were little.
      Thanks for the advice ... I can't wait I'm halfway this weekend ... yay!

On topic - Date for AT5? Patience people. You know we'll announce it as soon as everything is ready. You also know as soon as we can, we'll be shouting it from the rooftops.

And I have this week given it a name - you know like AT2 - the return. AT3 - reunion, and AT4 - Reflections.

I'll leave you to guess it shall I? <evil grin>

Julia
      G4
      Can't wait for this either!!! I like Bevs suggestion ... AT5 - rejoice
      sigpic

Comment

Just been watching the closing ceremony. They've got to the party at the end now. Great imagery! I loved the 'correction' at the very begining. Way to go to make fun of themselves in what could have been an embarassing glitch in the very important business of lighting the flame. I loved the fact that they got the lady who missed out at the opening to light it this time. Just looking at the audience with the lights on their moose antlers. How effective that sparkle is, and giving them white capes to bounce the projections off. I only hope we can do something as good in 2012, here in London.

No.1 Son and I watched last night's final live. What a great game! I was stunned when the second US goal went in, and the whole neighbourhood must have heard the shriek when Crosby scored. (Along with my joining in with the shouts of "LUUUUUUUUUUU!!" every time Luongo saved one - much to the amusement of No. 1 Son) And what a good tempered game on the whole. Very few penalties, and not a lot of fights. The Americans looked so crestfallen, I felt a bit sorry for them, and then the singing of O Canada brought a lump to the throat. Great stuff!

Can't wait to get back to Groovy and feel the lurve again!

Mumsey (studiously ignoring all the speculation... )
        For details of AT10 go to http://www.gabitevents.co.uk

Comment

AT5 - Razzle-Dazzle
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

AT5 - Revival!

AT5 - Revisited!
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

AT5 - Renditions

AT5 - Realization

AT5 - Reawaken

AT5 - Replicarter ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHh *runs*
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SWMBOTGSG View Post
                Just been watching the closing ceremony. They've got to the party at the end now. Great imagery! I loved the 'correction' at the very begining. Way to go to make fun of themselves in what could have been an embarassing glitch in the very important business of lighting the flame. I loved the fact that they got the lady who missed out at the opening to light it this time. Just looking at the audience with the lights on their moose antlers. How effective that sparkle is, and giving them white capes to bounce the projections off. I only hope we can do something as good in 2012, here in London.

No.1 Son and I watched last night's final live. What a great game! I was stunned when the second US goal went in, and the whole neighbourhood must have heard the shriek when Crosby scored. (Along with my joining in with the shouts of "LUUUUUUUUUUU!!" every time Luongo saved one - much to the amusement of No. 1 Son) And what a good tempered game on the whole. Very few penalties, and not a lot of fights. The Americans looked so crestfallen, I felt a bit sorry for them, and then the singing of O Canada brought a lump to the throat. Great stuff!

Can't wait to get back to Groovy and feel the lurve again!

Mumsey (studiously ignoring all the speculation... )
                The Olympics had me thinking about being in Vancouver again A LOT. Too bad it is so long until SE. Perhaps you, Becky, Becky's hubby and I should all wear team Canada jerseys, hang around Robson street and pretend the Olympics are still on!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                  The Olympics had me thinking about being in Vancouver again A LOT. Too bad it is so long until SE. Perhaps you, Becky, Becky's hubby and I should all wear team Canada jerseys, hang around Robson street and pretend the Olympics are still on!
                  I think I'll join you.
                  I'll bring my team Germany jersey and red mittens to add some more color.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                    I think I'll join you.
                    I'll bring my team Germany jersey and red mittens to add some more color.
                    My apologies. Very remiss of me to forget one of our biggest hockey fans. There are a few others with red mittens who could join in.

Comment

What if the G4 are secretly trying to confuse us by stating what the other events were named in the past to get us thinking along those lines. What if it doesn't even begin with an R?! *gasp*

Comment

As it really is a holiday for us all (except G4 who will be working non-stop)

AT5 - Retreat
                        sigpic Martin Rocks!!

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered something I've been meaning to ask. Given the nature of SE and how much bigger in comparison to any of the AT events, would you be in need of volunteers?

If so, I gladly step up. I've helped out at Gatecon and had a blast with it and doing so for SE wouldn't be a problem for me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                            What if the G4 are secretly trying to confuse us by stating what the other events were named in the past to get us thinking along those lines. What if it doesn't even begin with an R?! *gasp*
                            Are you suggesting they would play mind games with us for their own amusement?

(waits for someone from the G4 to come and post the thingy )

Originally posted by clairec007 View Post
                            As it really is a holiday for us all (except G4 who will be working non-stop)

AT5 - Retreat
                            That works two ways. It is also a treat to attend each year (three ways if you count all the chocolate we bring - that's a treat too)

And welcome.

Sorry for the double post, but I just remembered something I've been meaning to ask. Given the nature of SE and how much bigger in comparison to any of the AT events, would you be in need of volunteers?

If so, I gladly step up. I've helped out at Gatecon and had a blast with it and doing so for SE wouldn't be a problem for me at all.
                            Go to the Gabit website and there is a place that instructs you on how to submit your name to volunteer. I think it's under FAQs.

Comment

He he........ME? Purposely trying to confuse people!!! Am deeply offended....

Julia
                              G4
                              To influence the quality of another's day. That is the essence of life.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Go to the Gabit website and there is a place that instructs you on how to submit your name to volunteer. I think it's under FAQs.
                                Ah, awesome. Thanks!

He he........ME? Purposely trying to confuse people!!! Am deeply offended....

Julia
                                G4
                                How deep?

Comment

Working...
                                X