Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first, I didn't like this ep. A lot of eps in s5 really lost me. Brain Storm, Inquisition, Identity... I mean being the LAST season, one would think they would step it up. But, I suppose they were counting on at least SG:E to happen. Anyhow, this ep def. grew on me. I loved the idea of the show being set in a different reality without any of the prime realities characters. Weak for a final season ep, but over all not a bad idea.
    Teal'c: You have been impregnated without copulation.
    Vala: Yes, and I'm absolutely terrified. Have any of you ever heard of anything like it?
    Mitchell: Well, there's one.
    Teal'c: Darth Vader.

Comment

Originally posted by Merricles View Post
      At first, I didn't like this ep. A lot of eps in s5 really lost me. Brain Storm, Inquisition, Identity... I mean being the LAST season, one would think they would step it up. But, I suppose they were counting on at least SG:E to happen. Anyhow, this ep def. grew on me. I loved the idea of the show being set in a different reality without any of the prime realities characters. Weak for a final season ep, but over all not a bad idea.
      As much as I would like to but TPTW aren't to blame here, and, besides the fact that I adore this ep, there's a point I just want to clarify: this episode was done when they learned about the cancelation. The PTW thought there would a season 6 be greenlighted because the show had good numbers.
      I'm with you about BS, Identity, and nearly every other McKeller-crap they pulled out in season 5 and I really, really hate EatG. But I'm tired to read that Vegas is s... because it's a shows-final episode, it never was and (for my own opinion) it never will. I see Vegas as the first part of a season-final not of a show's final. And, besides the fact that no one really knows what TPTW had planned for season 6, I really hope they had do something with the possibilities they opened with this ep. But don't blame the ep for something that was a future when it was planned and when it was filmed.

To ask the question: What chance they had when they learned about the cancellation? The ep was produced, there only were one or two scenes they had to re-do, the mix was nearly finished and the ep was in the list. What should they do? Throw the whole material in the trash (something that had better happened to EatG)? And than? What than? Make out of a 20 ep-season a 19 ep-season because the money was already gone?

It's your taste that you don't like Vegas, that's okay with me. But don't blame the ep for something that was only a fact after this ep was finished.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
      Sig & Avi by Josi
      sigpic
      LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
      I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

I really enjoyed Vegas, the only thing I found a bit strange with it was how important this other universe episode got for the end of the series, it is not bad but it seams a bit strange choice. Other than that I think the episode was fun it was different and the wraith character was just plain adorable.

Comment

Loved it. I laughed at the wannabe CSI / Outer Limits stuff. And it had a totally awesome soundtrack. Interesting to see a completely different but oh so sexy Sheppard.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
            Loved it. I laughed at the wannabe CSI / Outer Limits stuff. And it had a totally awesome soundtrack. Interesting to see a completely different but oh so sexy Sheppard.
            I didn't mind the CSI stuff - but the pacing was far too slow and the soundtrack unbearable. I agree Joe looked smoking hot but his character didn't resemble Sheppard at all. I woudln't have minded a look at a totally different Sheppard much earlier in the series but as the second last episode it just felt disjointed and bore no resemblance to SGA at all. I'd also had my fill of overbearing and obnoxious McKay..
            sigpic

Comment

So it seems Mccay is obnoxious in any universe!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                He wasn't really in that universe from McKay and Mrs Miller... so that's at least one less obnoxious universe.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  He wasn't really in that universe from McKay and Mrs Miller... so that's at least one less obnoxious universe.
                  Our McKay certainly thought he was obnoxious!
                  sigpic

Comment

I didn't actually think Rodney was obnoxious in this universe. I quite liked him here. But then, I like most everything about this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      Our McKay certainly thought he was obnoxious!
                      Well, it takes a McKay to know a McKay, I guess.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        Unfortunately so - and it seemed the writers couldn't have an episode where McKay isn't the most important person in every universe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by maneth View Post
                          I agree.. I loved JF's very different Sheppard. It didn't bother me at all. But at the same time I must admit I watched SGA after the show was cancelled, and I didn't watched it in chronological order... so yeah maybe, for the second last episode it's quite an experiment.

But still.. I love the idea of parallel universes, the thought experiments you can do with that concept. I like that they showed us "how different everything could have been". Even, or especially towards the end of the show.

And Sheppard's sexy.. no matter which universe
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hivewarden View Post
                            That he is ! I really love the different Sheppard in this episode, so different to the one we know and love but at the same time so alike.
                            It's probably one of my favorite episodes, I love the scene where McKay is going on about how sucky Sheppard's life is, and the ending is just wonderful.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hivewarden View Post
                              I agree.. I loved JF's very different Sheppard. It didn't bother me at all. But at the same time I must admit I watched SGA after the show was cancelled, and I didn't watched it in chronological order... so yeah maybe, for the second last episode it's quite an experiment.

But still.. I love the idea of parallel universes, the thought experiments you can do with that concept. I like that they showed us "how different everything could have been". Even, or especially towards the end of the show.

I'm glad somebody woke this thread up. I can never pass up a chance to comment on my favorite episode.

Vegas was a breath of fresh air to me. I also love alternate universes, and the big tie in to the finale made this one very relevant. JF's acting is always good, but this was just a step above. Joe has even said that this was his favorite episode, and both he and DH said they thought it would have made a good finale for the show. Boy would that have made people scream. I'm glad they didn't go there, but it did give us food for thought as to how Sheppard and the others would have turned out if things had been just slightly different.

The soundtrack was also a terrific added bonus. This is one that I love to watch over and over.

Oh, and I didn't think McKay was more obnoxious or more important than John. Sheppard was obviously the focus along with his conflict with the Wraith. McKay and the others were the connection back to Atlantis, so it was McKay's job to provide the exposition to tie the two worlds together. I think he was supposed to be humorless and very professional. Annoying yes, but in a totally different way than Rodney.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                The soundtrack was also a terrific added bonus.
                                This episode actually got me onto Johnny Cash, I am yet to decide whether thats a good thing
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X