Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keller's fighting skills compared to McKay's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller kicking Wraith butt *Yeah right* I really had a problem with that scene. There is just no way that was believable in the least! Now Teyla on the other hand is absolutely believable.

I think this scene with Keller was added just to shove the Ronon/Keller "love interest" down our throats! LOL! See fans, she can fight too! Wouldn't she just make a great match for Ronon? *throwing up*

I don't believe her being better fit than Rodney has anything to do with it. Many others better physically fit than jennifer have confronted the Wraith and lost their lives! This was just unbelievable!

I agree with the poster that said they should've given her a stun gun...now that is truly Kellerish

Comment

Ok, seriously?! That 15 second ( if that) scene of Keller clumsliy parrying the Wraith's blows is what people are getting worked up about?

Kung Fu Keller? Hardly.

It was supposed to look clumsy and wrong and like a novice was doing it because she is a novice. One that is willing to learn and not be at the mercy of every Wraith coming her way, waiting for her Knight in Shining Armour to come and save her.

She really didn't do much beyond deflect a few blows and weave out of the way before Rodney shot the thing.

A willingness to learn self-defense is hardly yet another reason to hate Keller. Unless some would prefer her to just be saved by others all the time. Or is that bad too? I can't keep it straight any longer.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
        Ok, seriously?! That 15 second ( if that) scene of Keller clumsliy parrying the Wraith's blows is what people are getting worked up about?

Kung Fu Keller? Hardly.

It was supposed to look clumsy and wrong and like a novice was doing it because she is a novice. One that is willing to learn and not be at the mercy of every Wraith coming her way, waiting for her Knight in Shining Armour to come and save her.

She really didn't do much beyond deflect a few blows and weave out of the way before Rodney shot the thing.

A willingness to learn self-defense is hardly yet another reason to hate Keller. Unless some would prefer her to just be saved by others all the time. Or is that bad too? I can't keep it straight any longer.
        After reading the transcript, I agree that some have gotten too worked up about Keller's new skills. I appears that all she did was what anyone with basic training would do to protect herself.

So, no I don't see Kung-fu Keller... yet.

On the other hand...

Originally posted by Sweetwaterspice View Post
        Keller kicking Wraith butt *Yeah right* I really had a problem with that scene. There is just no way that was believable in the least! Now Teyla on the other hand is absolutely believable.

I think this scene with Keller was added just to shove the Ronon/Keller "love interest" down our throats! LOL! See fans, she can fight too! Wouldn't she just make a great match for Ronon? *throwing up*

I don't believe her being better fit than Rodney has anything to do with it. Many others better physically fit than jennifer have confronted the Wraith and lost their lives! This was just unbelievable!

I agree with the poster that said they should've given her a stun gun...now that is truly Kellerish
        I agree that Keller's new skills were added to bolster the Ronon/Keller angle. It's so obvious that it's kind of amusing.
        sigpic
        Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post
          I agree that Keller's new skills were added to bolster the Ronon/Keller angle. It's so obvious that it's kind of amusing.
          How so? Because she took self-defense lessons from someone qualified to give them?

That's hardly ramming anything down anyone's throat.

Now if we had been forced to actually watch those scenes for the sole purpose of seeing the hot, sweaty, and dressed in skin tight clothing while enganged in acts that forced them to be in close proximity to one another, then yes. I may agree with you.

But that hasn't happened.
          sigpic

Comment

How so? Because she took self-defense lessons from someone qualified to give them?

Now if we had been forced to actually watch those scenes for the sole purpose of seeing the hot, sweaty, and dressed in skin tight clothing while enganged in acts that forced them to be in close proximity to one another, then yes. I may agree with you.

Hmmmmmmm.........

Comment

I'm certainly not one who would want to endure those training exercises with Ronon and Keller, but on the other hand, I hate those moments of "Hey audience, look at what's been going on off screen for months now that we're about to surprise you with *wink*" I hate that kind of writing. It's sloppy.

Comment

I understand that showing us every freaking thing these characters do would be time consuming and boring!

BUT, if it is going to be a part of an upcoming episode then there should be hints at it

Like "hey Keller ya want to watch a movie?"
                "I would love to, but I am working out with Ronon"

and then Tracker shows up and "hey her working out with Ronon is helping"

and the romance part "ugh"
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

At another look she was just deflecting, barley avoiding his attacks. Still a big improvement from the previous Keller.

Comment

One moment while I say *thankyouthankyouthankyou* that we weren't subjected to actual training scenes. Perhaps TPTB were saving that for the 6th season that we'll never have.

Okay, back to your question - why do I see Keller's self defense lessons as an blatant Ronon/Keller attempt? Because I don't see Keller as someone Ronon would be attracted to and I see this new butt kicking Keller as an attempt to get those like me to see her as his type.

By implying that Ronon's been teaching her self-defense TPTB probably believe that they are showing us that they have something in common.

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                    I'm certainly not one who would want to endure those training exercises with Ronon and Keller, but on the other hand, I hate those moments of "Hey audience, look at what's been going on off screen for months now that we're about to surprise you with *wink*" I hate that kind of writing. It's sloppy.
                    I know what you mean because although I wouldn't want to see the actual scenes, it would have been nice to see a scene or two where mandatory self-defense classes/lessons were mentioned throughout the series so that it's not such a *wtf* moment when you see an unlikely character showing self-defense moves.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Yaxez View Post
                      A real wraith would have crushed Keller, she's like 1.50 and weighs 45kg.
                      A bit unrealistic.
                      Totally unrealistic… in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by maxbo View Post

Absolutely! My question is why did she have to get lessons from Ronon? Were Teyla or perhaps Sheppard not available? Hmmmmmm....seems fishy to me.

Comment

Let me say again that i dont have a problem with Keller learning basic hand to hand combat but what i do have a problem with is the fact that after 1 year Keller has learnt basic hand to hand combat while McKay hasnt learnt any hand to hand combat in 5 years.

McKay is used as a source of comedy when trying to use weapons (or fight the bad guys using his hands) and i really dont like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                            Let me say again that i dont have a problem with Keller learning basic hand to hand combat but what i do have a problem with is the fact that after 1 year Keller has learnt basic hand to hand combat while McKay hasnt learnt any hand to hand combat in 5 years.

McKay is used as a source of comedy when trying to use weapons (or fight the bad guys using his hands) and i really dont like that.
                            It's kinda hard to do anything else when the actor isn't in good enough shape to pull it off. Not that I'm insulting or making fun of DH's physique, just stating the obvious.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              It's kinda hard to do anything else when the actor isn't in good enough shape to pull it off. Not that I'm insulting or making fun of DH's physique, just stating the obvious.
                              David Hewlett may no be able to run a marathon (most of us cant) but he is certainly fit enough to film a convincing fight scene.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post

But it's just not his character.

Rodney McKat doesn't want to learn hand to hand combat. He doesn't want to fight or be a warrior. He even said it in Tracker, he may not be able to rack or fight like Ronon, but at some point in time his brains will come in handy and that's how he'll save the day.

And he sort of did by fixing the teleportation device.

He is first and foremost a scientist and gadget man. He uses his brain and while he may not look down on warriors as much any more, he certainly considers himself to be above it all because of the size of his intelligence.

Jennifer is more practical. Or lacks the skillset necessary to do what Rodney does. Take your pick. Regardless, she may need the hand-to-hand skills while Rodney doesn't want them and doesn't need them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X