Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keller's fighting skills compared to McKay's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Its not like she actually did the good against the Wraith. As for doing better then McKay Keller is physically fit
    Of course she's fit. The tiniest biceps in the Pegasus galaxy.

Jennifer Jewell really shouldn't do martial arts scenes. Her moves with that stick were downright awkward.
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
      Being physically fit makes all the difference. She should do much better than McKay in a fight, though she still shouldn't do better than Teyla (I was under the impression Keller fared better in this episode than Teyla did in Suspicion).
      It's been a while since I've seen Suspicion, but I remember Teyla having a full-on fight with that Wraith, attacking, defending, the works. I never did like that she didn't defeat the Wraith herself and Sheppard had to save her.

From what I saw in Tracker, Keller was only defending herself against the Wraith, just blocking and parrying, not attacking at all, and her technique was far far poorer than Teyla's. Keller did not defeat the Wraith with a stick, Mckay ends up saving her by shooting it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Oh well, people do tend to forget stuff all the time. Plus if a person sneezed, you're still at risk, and hey, they ate food, the utensils were touched... Did love the chicken foot or whatever McKay removed from his bowl
        True. Though maybe McKay would have brought his own utensils, being the hypochondriac that he is.

I didn't get a good look at the duck meat. At first it looked kind of rigid so I assumed it was bone, but then who would put a large bone in McKay's soup?

Yes, Keller is more fit, it seems, than Rodney, although Rodney is a genius so... his talents lie in his head, not his feet.
        You'd think though that after all the danger McKay has experienced he'd take some martial arts lessons.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        It's been a while since I've seen Suspicion, but I remember Teyla having a full-on fight with that Wraith, attacking, defending, the works. I never did like that she didn't defeat the Wraith herself and Sheppard had to save her.

From what I saw in Tracker, Keller was only defending herself against the Wraith, just blocking and parrying, not attacking at all, and her technique was far far poorer than Teyla's. Keller did not defeat the Wraith with a stick, Mckay ends up saving her by shooting it.
        My point was that Teyla was knocked to the ground and almost fed upon. Keller stayed on her feet.

Comment

I thought they sent the noob Wraith out after the Runners yeah? Like its mainly some kind of training/sport thing for the inexperienced Wraith.

Also, McKay was taking out those Wraith in like 5 shots from his M9. Unless he's suddenly levelled up his pistol skills and getting bulk headshots, a Wraith would never go down to 5 dinky 9mm rounds... ;o

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
            I thought they sent the noob Wraith out after the Runners yeah? Like its mainly some kind of training/sport thing for the inexperienced Wraith.
            That's what 'Sateda' would suggest. The first hunter Ronon killed looked fairly youthful compared to other Wraith we've seen. Maybe killing your first runner is some kind of initiation into Wraithhood for male Wraith that is required for acceptance into the adult world.

Comment

I'm bothered by the fact that two seasons ago (in "Vengence") we saw Ronon teaching Rodney to be a better fighter. Even if Ronon's method had ended up being too hard and Rodney hadn't stuck to the training very long, I would have assumed that either Teyla or John would have continued it.

Keller's defensive fighting was okay, she wasn't smooth and I kind of got the impression the wraith who was attacking her might have been 'playing' with her a bit. I also agree that the wraith was a young warrior in training.

Comment

We briefly got a scene in a season 3 episode of Ronon supposedly training McKay but personally i didnt think Ronon was a overally good teacher as all he was doing was hitting McKay very hard with a skick.

Personally i think it would have been nice to see Teyla teaching McKay how to stick fight as Teyla is a much more patient person and we would have been able to get some more McKay/Teyla scenes (which is something Atlantis has really lacked over 5 seasons).

Comment

Your point kind of makes mine: Ronon was only sticking to the basics, and i like to think that if he did the same with Keller(Ronon doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would change things because of a person's sex), she'd pick up a few things. An after watching Rodney in action and Keller in Missing, it seems to me that they'd both focus on what worked for them. With Rodney it was guns(suited to his logic about the universe), and Keller got more personal, as she had to do as a doctor.

Not to say she was any kind of martial arts master, just that she picked up a couple of basic moves, as Rodney picked up what needed to be done in the siutuation.
                  It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                  --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

A real wraith would have crushed Keller, she's like 1.50 and weighs 45kg.

A bit unrealistic.

Comment

I say the Wraith she was fighting was just a spoiled rich kid who paid a few humans worth of food to engage in a little Runner Hunting.

Comment

Yes, I agree seriously. That Wraith looked like he was horrible at fighting, especially fora Wraith. He looked briefly like he was swinging wildly. He also looked like he swung with little power, logically an average general wraith should be able to swat her down with roughly considerable ease. This one looked like he could only manage to push her around.
                        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

he was drunk
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

If hunting Runners is training or learning how they fight, I can understand not sending the best troops down. After all, if they defeat the Runner, they've proven their worth and learned a lot (and if they don't, you still haven't lost your best soldiers). I think the only reason the Super Wraith in Sateda fought Ronon is because Ronon embarrassed his soldiers and he wanted to prove himself superior.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Its not like she actually did the good against the Wraith. As for doing better then McKay Keller is physically fit
                              And Keller actually took the time to learn from Ronon. Rodney has always shown a disinterest in learning to fight - at least from what we've seen of him in the sparring room and the way he's always talked down about the military, Ronon etc.
                              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                                I say the Wraith she was fighting was just a spoiled rich kid who paid a few humans worth of food to engage in a little Runner Hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X