This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
    So far......She'll be missing in more come the end of the season!
    as will the rest of the cast

I have my doubts about that
    have you seen the promo pics?

Because they never want to write for her...As soon as they give her her token ep of the season they basically ignore her after that!
    IDK about that but TPTB won't ignore Teyla for the remaining eps
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      as will the rest of the cast
      Except for John and Rodney...They always seem to be in every single ep...Even if it is just a walk on part!

have you seen the promo pics?
      Yep but until i see it i ain't getting my hopes up just to get them crushed for the hundredth time

IDK about that but TPTB won't ignore Teyla for the remaining eps
      Well they've practically ignored her already for quite a few eps at the beginning so i don't hold out much hope for the remaining eps
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheystar View Post
        My only beef, is I haven't seen Woolsey in 3 weeks now.

I am looking forward to Daniel Jackson next week though.
        I miss Woolsey. But next week we get Woolsey back and we get Dr. Jackson.

Originally posted by shockwave View Post
        that runner guy was also a bounty hunter in the sg1 season 10 episode "Bounty"
        That's why he looked familiar! Thanks.

Originally posted by trekie View Post
        See? I think Rodney wasn't so bad in this. He did kill a wraith while hopping on only one feet, and later another one when he returned the favour to Keller while saving her life. And he wasn't over the top whiny as he sometimes tends to be. But I agree on that the explaination of his future usefulness to Ronon wasn't necessary and he could have handled the gun reloading a little better, but the rest was fine with me.
        I did enjoy his Wraith killing. That was great. But he still seemed overly defensive, insecure, and socially inept, throughout the episode. I just think we've seen him develop beyond this point in the past four years.

Rodney is a pathetic little geek, that's why we love him so much. I loved him running through the woods screaming when the wraith was chasing him, he sounded like a girl squealing, it was classic Rodney and I'm so glad that part of him is still there somewhere.
        A geek, yes. But I don't think he's so pathetic that he runs away screaming like a little girl. That was where this episode crossed the line for me. I felt like I was watching the Rodney of season 2 most of the time.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
        Have I mentioned how very very much I hate it when Rodney is shown as generally incompetant or used as comic relief? It's why I used to always loathe Rodney/Sam scenes with a passion. The scenes with him and Ronon in the woods were torturous. I kept saying "Just please shut up now, Rodney!"
        My point exactly. When I want my favorite character to shut up because he's grating on my nerves... that's a bad thing. And like you, I kept telling him to just shut up in this episode.

Apparently, most people weren't as bothered by Rodeny as I was. Which is fine. Overall, the episode wasn't horrible. But if I rewatch it, I think I'll fast forward through most of the Rodney / Ronon stuff and just watch Keller and the runner. Because honestly, without Rodney and Ronon, I would have greatly enjoyed this episode.
        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Except for John and Rodney...They always seem to be in every single ep...Even if it is just a walk on part!
          yup that's pretty much what sky mentioned

Yep but until i see it i ain't getting my hopes up just to get them crushed for the hundredth time
          fair enough

Well they've practically ignored her already for quite a few eps at the beginning so i don't hold out much hope for the remaining eps
          she didn't play a significant role in some eps but I wouldn't say that TPTB have ignored her
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

ok folks, back to talking about Tracker

take the teyla stuff to another thread
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Fine...I'm outta here
              sigpic

Comment

I liked the eppy but didn't love the eppy, certainly didn't beat the queen for me. Still, Ronon was great. Rodney was darling (hop and shoot) and Keller was well there too. I liked the idea of them helping out another runner and I think Ronon was the key character for interaction with him. Sorry there's wasn't more of that. I hope we see him again though. The love triangle however...well that just gives me a headache.The Ronon/Rodney banter, now that I enjoyed.
                Spoiler:
                Maffieg

Comment

I normally only comment when I really like an episode so it is safe to assume I liked this one

Most of the time I am ambivalent to SGA and just watch because I like StarGate overall and I don't really have a favorite character or anything.

However, Ronon is fast becoming one that I just like to watch WHEN he gets an episode that has something for him to do in it. This episode along with Runner and Sateda have all shown that with some actual dialogue Ronon is fun to watch with his SGA counter-parts. I truly enjoyed watching Ronon and McKay throughout this episode .
                  It was nice seeing McKay NOT save the day for once with some techno babble and be out of his comfort zone. I know many feel he should be more adept at changing the clip in gun but seriously how often does he have to shoot under that much pressure. Not often IMHO since normally Shepperd or Ronon do most of that for him. So I expected him to be a bit fumbly and I was glad he was. It made him look human and also made him appreciate Ronon's skills.
                  Ronon may not come off as appreciating McKay enough but other episodes have shown that he does so I found McKay's whining about that more about how the writer's wanted to somehow show McKay's insecurity over Ronon even being there.

Keller, I have never had any real thought of either way. She is just *there* most of the time. SO I actually have to say I was impressed that this time she made her presence on-screen actually felt.

While I did feel the overall episode had shades of runner and the one SG-1 episode with the Bounty hunter. It had enough action going on that I let the thought slip away easily.

The new runner was cool and I liked how he was portrayed. I really enjoyed the action with his teleportation device and I enjoyed that he too wanted at least a chance to stop running. I really didn't care if it was *realistic* to use the defibrillator, it was a cool idea and I went with it

I laughed myself silly over Rodney and the Wraith at the tree stump. That was done so well by David Hewlett I also didn't care that the Wraith were dropping *like flies* it worked for me in the whole scheme of things and kept the story moving along with some great action and fight scenes.

The ending scene with Ronon and McKay over both of them liking Keller... I could care less. I like ship on any show if it is done well and kept in the background or as long as it moves with the story. Part of my problem ..if I have one is knowing that Jason said he was opposed to having a triangle with McKay as he felt Ronon would need a better adversary and he just didn't like the whole thing. So...since I knew Jason said that ..it made the whole thing somewhat unbelievable to begin with and then the way it played out on screen seemed somewhat stupid. Like Ronon was either teasing him OR belittling him... I am not sure just what they were going for with that scene

Overall though I enjoyed the episode more then most this season
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    too bad they don't have zats in the peggy galaxy

i wonder if it could have messed up the tracking device

after all, it worked on the nishta in Ryac and to short out other things
                    I wondered about that too. If it's an electrical discharge that fried the circuits on the tracking device, then a zat should have worked as well. And for that matter, what about Wraith stunners? Would that fry it's circuits? Or maybe they aren't powerful enough?

It seems like a dumb way to design a tracking device if a simple jolt of electricity will disable it. I guess they must be assuming that any electrical current strong enough to disable the device would also kill the runner.

*shrug* Either way, the Atlantis expedition should have zats.
                    Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                    Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

well, the wraith stunner obviously can't, or the first time they caught him they'd untag him

however, my thought had been for an electromagnetic pulse to disable it.

maybe neither the zat or stunner are strong enough?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

When I said I liked seeing Rodney running in the forest, and that he's still that pathetic geek, I only meant it in a very loving way. LOL

This was Rodney out of his comfort zone, and David Hewlitt is brilliant in the way he protrays him, and I'm glad that Rodney has not grown into a super soldier like Ronon or Shepperd. I don't think someone will change in just a couple years from total "scared geek" to a super-hero. I'm glad they keep some of that in him.

I could hardly stand Rodney on SG-1 when he first was on, but have grown to completely love his character, with all his quirks so masterly played by DH.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          well, the wraith stunner obviously can't, or the first time they caught him they'd untag him

however, my thought had been for an electromagnetic pulse to disable it.

maybe neither the zat or stunner are strong enough?
                          That's why I thought it was a poor design for the device. It seems too easy to deactivate, although you're right, it must take something stronger than a Wraith stunner. An EM pulse should have worked though. And it wouldn't have hurt the guy. Of course Keller didn't have the ability to do that, so I guess it's kind of irrelevant now.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

When I said I liked seeing Rodney running in the forest, and that he's still that pathetic geek, I only meant it in a very loving way. LOL

This was Rodney out of his comfort zone, and David Hewlitt is brilliant in the way he protrays him, and I'm glad that Rodney has not grown into a super soldier like Ronon or Shepperd. I don't think someone will change in just a couple years from total "scared geek" to a super-hero. I'm glad they keep some of that in him.

I could hardly stand Rodney on SG-1 when he first was on, but have grown to completely love his character, with all his quirks so masterly played by DH.

I think I agree with you in general. I don't want Rodney to turn into a "super-hero" (I get more than enough of that from Sheppard). And I also love his quirks and the fact that he is a flawed character. But in this episode, I felt like they were making fun of him at times, which wasn't necessary. I like that he is flawed, but I think they sometimes mock him because of those flaws (especially when they try to contrast him with some of the other characters).

This was the first time in a long time that Rodney has really irritated me. Ronon, however, also got on my nerves, probably even more so than Rodney. And I'm still not totally sure why. So when you put the two of them together and they both irritated me... well, that's the main reason for my reaction to this episode.

Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
                              Thanks !

Oh really ? What episode ? I have to re watch it !
                              In Season 8 episode 14 (Full Alert) he was a russian col. In s10, ep 15 (Bounty) he was bounty hunter odai Ventrell (sp?).

Comment

It was a great episode one of the better ones from this season. I hope we see Kiryk again. I liked him he is a good actor I also liked him when he played as the bounty hunter Odai Ventrell.

The teleport device was also very cool, I hope we'll see the race that built the device. There are too much cool things that need to be discovered, why they end the series?! If we don't gonna see Kiryk this season then I think we won't see him again on SGA.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X