Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well after five years of being on the team and in combat situations I expected a bit more from Rodney than running around the forrest screaming like a girl. I thought he would be a litttle more level headed now in the face of danger as this was by no means his first run in with the Wraith. I don't expect him to be Ronon or Sheppard but I don't want to see him act like a screaming girl either.

Keller of course has managed though to change in the space of a few months into an adept fighter capable of bringing down a Wraith with her sticks. The ptb are obviously desparately trying to show us that she really is a great character worthy of being the CMO of Atlantis. Well all the techno babble and cool fight moves won't change the fact that she is still some wide eyed unbelievable character that I have no interest in whatsover. Her sole purpose is to pit the guys against each other as to whose affections she will return. Suddenly Rodney is in love again, he couldnt commit to Katie after he thought he was in love with her but he's ready to give it a go again with Keller as he now thinks he's in love with her.

Kiryk was the best thing about the episode and the first original character we have seen in a long time. But Rodney and Ronon running around the forest trying to save Keller was the worst part of the episode and once again Teyla seems to have gotten tossed aside, not even a mention but then with Keller being adept at fighting now as well as her other skills I guess there isnt much of a need for Teyla. Sheppard got his few minutes as he would be contracted to be in every episode. But the divided team with their new team member doesn't interest me near as much as the team of Shep/Teyla/Ronon and Rodney, but that seems to be a thing of the past.

I don't recall SG1 being split up like this and main cast members not even getting mentioned. I always felt the majority of eps had the entire team interacting and that's what I loved about SG1 and they didnt have new team members arriving to shove old ones out of the way.. and Jonas doesnt count as that was due to MS leaving....
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nath View Post
      I liked 'Tracker'. I think it was a good episode. Team moments are great and I LOVE Sheppard and Teyla. But some times, it is refreshing to see something else. There will be other team moments folks, don't worry.

I enjoyed the banter between Ronon and McKay. And Keller... wow she can fight well... nice change compared to season 4 'Missing' episode.

The Runner guy was great. I think I recognized him from the episode 'Bounty' of SG-1 (season 10). Am I wrong ?
      Yes to the last one.

I totally agree.

I really like this chapter.

Keller did good not freaking out and crying, instead she kept strong and did what she needed to do, and I absolutely like her fighting and kicking behind.

McKay well he is Mckay and I just finally accepted him the way he is only thing I still don’t like is WHY do the PTB need to portray the character as a coward little chicken!
      HE IS IN AN INTERGALACTIC expedition for crying out loud make the character more manly or more strong.

I love the last scene with and really nice and good.

From the 3 I have seen the whole season this one is one of the best.
      sigpic

Dare and Dream

Comment

I miss the team and I thought this episode lacked so many things. I loved the special guest star...I can't remember his name though, sorry.

I find it hard to believe that now Ronon and Rodney are up against whose going to win Keller. I personally don't like that triangle, period.

I thought the relationship between them would be much stronger than that because we all know that friends fighting for the same girl never ends up well, so I have no interest on seeing how this bit is going to unfold without sacrificing a much stronger relationship in Ronon and Rodney, which I thought has more weight and importance since they do have to watch each other's back on a regular basis.

One thing that the Atlantis writers have done that I despised is separate the team too often, and this is a perfect example.

"nough said.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Camy View Post
          I miss the team and I thought this episode lacked so many things. I loved the special guest star...I can't remember his name though, sorry.
          Mike Dopud as Kiryk
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
            Keller of course has managed though to change in the space of a few months into an adept fighter capable of bringing down a Wraith with her sticks.
            I think it's rather funny at how people thought Keller was actually good with those sticks. Her fighting was pretty pathetic technically, obviously that of a beginner, and she would have been taken down if she had to do it a few seconds longer. But if it had been her first priority, a few months would have been quite adequate for her to hold herself for a couple minutes, unless her opponent was above-average in skill.

~Friendshipping (among others) the two most awesome women of Stargate.
            ~My Stargate fanfic can be found on my Livejournal

Comment

Kiryk

anyone else have an idea that Joe & co might be poking fun at all the 'shep is kirking' crit????
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i did shake my head at ronon and rod, 'tracking' keller's kidnapper, in a forest full of wraith, chatting at full voice

I have a personal issue with ANY character humiliated to make a story work. And, TO ME, i feel that rod is being made the butt of a joke with his feelings for keller and 'competing' with ronon for her.

but that's probably just me. It's a huge squick of mine
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think Rodney and Ronon forgot the most important rule.......

Tongue firmly in cheek

BRO'S BEFORE HO'S

(no I am not calling Keller a ho! it's part of the phrase, well not intentionally)
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I really enjoyed Tracker. I didn't think I was going to because of the spoilers, Keller being kidnapped and Love Triangle but I thought it was done well. I don't think McKay should have been any different than he was in Tracker. He was out of his "norm" I didn't find it unbelievable that he would still run away from a Wraith. Everyone goes into a fight or flee mode when face with a dangerous situation, the reaction is just your own instincts and McKay's is to flee, he will shoot, but he is going to get the heck out of there as fast as he can..and if his other more capable team mates are around he is going to scream like hell.

I don't remember who posted this but I agree, Tracker was to show the difference between McKay and Ronon. I didn't find anything out of character for either one. Kiryk was great and would have loved to learn more about him, adding the little girl to his burden of being a runner was so sad.

Keller did a great job in this episode, her character showed growth and the little fighting scene was well done. She didn't come across as having skills like Teyla, she had just enough to be able to defend herself, at least better than she was able to before.

Now for the love triangle. I'm a fan of a little romance when done right. I don't want it to be the focus of the show but its nice in the back ground.

I think it was clear that both Ronon and McKay has feelings/intentions for Jenn and I think it was clear Jenn likes Ronon, (don't know how much) McKay of all people picked up on this and thats what prompted him to go talk to Ronon. I don't think Ronon was joking around with McKay. He may have been when McKay first asked him, or he may not have understood what McKay meant by intentions or reluctant to answer because it was non of McKay's business. But Ronon and McKay are friends, yes they bicker but we've seen them risk their lives for each other so I don't think Ronon would mess with McKay about this.
                    Sig made by DG. Thanks DG sigpic

Comment

I really liked Tracker. I even liked Keller but I did find it odd that Teyla didn't trained her. I have always wonder why everyone in Atlantis aren't trained in hand to hand combat. Wouldn't it make sense considering that they run into the wraith often and sometimes the wraith even make it to Atlantis. I enjoy seeing the women being able to protect themselves. I enjoyed Ronon but Rodney being in love with Keller just seem wrong to me. I mean at one time he was about to asked that woman with the plants to marry him. But then he come up with some lame excuse and now all of a sudden he is ready to commit to keller? I mean what changed? Anyway I find it strange. I hope Ronon really isn't interested keller. I guess because I never really felt a connection to her character. I loved firefly but even on that show I could have done without her character. She was a weakling there also. It is also hard to watch the show knowing that it has been killed. Maybe this is why I am never satisfied.

Comment

I think this episode shows why Atlantis is going down the drain. The writers are "pushing" their characters into a certain direction, not giving any regard for believable character growth and storylines.

McKay has apparently lost his nerve and edge to Keller somewhere, and by chance the new "love triangle" gets stranded on a planet with just the three of them. This triangle is being pushed down our throats and not for a second seems believable at all.

Not to mention the fact that this episode didn't take the overall storyline and mythology anywhere. Stand alone episodes are cool, the McKay-centric episode this season was awesome. But push to many in a season, and you just lose a sense of progression. This is why the Goa'uld storylines in SG1 worked so well, and why BSG is so good. Whoever said that you need to beat your enemies in two or three seasons? Why can't it get really ugly first? Atlantis is turning into a run-of-the-mill SciFi show where the team goes on a random adventure every week, and usually it revolves around a certain number of characters getting stuck together in one way or the other.

Maybe, instead of going into the writing room thinking "we should throw Keller, Ronon and McKay on one planet alone" you should go in more like "We're going to run into another runner, what happens next, where does it happen, who are there?"

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          i did shake my head at ronon and rod, 'tracking' keller's kidnapper, in a forest full of wraith, chatting at full voice

I have a personal issue with ANY character humiliated to make a story work. And, TO ME, i feel that rod is being made the butt of a joke with his feelings for keller and 'competing' with ronon for her.

but that's probably just me. It's a huge squick of mine
                          Oh I completely agree, I didn't like the way Rodney was portrayed in this episode at all, or the way he is around Keller full stop to be honest. At least he was written slightly better than he was in Quarantine though
                          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

okish ep..the kind one expects before a big mid-season ep

i did laugh at the lil bit when Rodney goes to reload his gun, then realize the mag is facing the wrong way.....realistic or not, i do love that Rodney has a terrible history with handguns

Comment

Keller in missing vs keller in tracker. Now thats called character development. A person who basically crapped her pants and ran took charger of the situation and even fought back.

/Prokeller

I liked revisiting the runners, weve known since stateda theres a number of them out there on the run. This one was very noble, those wraith were right behind him so unless he kills them as they come through, bottlenecking them at the gate he is @#$%ed.

Wraith walked through the gate instead of just flying thru in ships like everyone else!

I really liked the dead wraith that stepped on a trap and his corpse was propped up by it! XD

Good episode, but then again i liked missing and this was a good thematic sequal..

Ps. If ronin leaves the show like he said in an interview a ways back i wouldnt mind this runner taking his place.

Comment

I really liked this episode. It was highly entertaining.

All of McKay's Canadianisms were awesome. As a Canadian, I love when they do that. Tracker Ronon was very impressive. I think the writers were watching the show Mantracker when they came up with this since Ronon was very much like him (http://www.mantracker.ca/). The interaction between the guys was good too and I loved kick butt Keller. Kirik was cool too once he got past that kidnapping bit. Well done!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X