David Hewlett's Performance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
    Utterly freaking brilliant. Wow. Seriously great stuff from Hewlett.

Geez, the whole cast was brilliant this go around.
    I'm as big a fan of the cast as anyone, but come one. David Hewlett has proven that he is really head and shoulders above the rest. For TV (short of a Whedon show) that was a 9 or 10/10. While all of the cast is very good (that's why their all on 100+ episode TV shows), Hewlett and RDA are the only ones that seem to be able to give that natural feel to their characters regardless of the situation (joking, angry, devastated, etc). I'd say Robert Picardo may also be in that category.

Outside of the Dark Knight cast, I'd stack Hewlett's acting chops against anyone else's at this point. Surprisingly, I didn't like A Dog's Breakfast too much, the second half was great, but the first half didn't do it for me.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

deep insights and research was obviously made into the real conditions of folks suffering from such disabilities, and David have done an excellent job of expressing the conditions the victims of this disability goes thru and the effects this have on their families and friends.

Comment

David performance was amazing It was really great, Infact they all where especially Joe and Robert. Great Episode with some great acting.
        sigpic
        Banner Made By Me for Me
        The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I will never get over David is this episode. It's one of those things that just sticks with you. He played these heart wrenching emotions with dignity and such skill... one of the finest things I have ever seen on TV. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry again. Kudos David! We are all in awe!
          sigpic

Comment

My friend told me to remember Tropic Thunder before considering a Emmy for him. I didn't get it at first but then I did. Lol.

Comment

Fantasic. Hewlett is an amazing actor. which is another reason im so sad to see atlantis cancelled, i love how well he can portray a character. epic applaud for his performence in the shrine though.
              "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
              O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
              Woolsey: What does that mean?
              O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Did David's performance remind anybody else of Michael Shanks' performance in a particular SG-1 episode???

I cannot recall the title of the episode but its where the consciousness of dozens of people from an offworld planet are put into Daniel Jacksons mind. This includes a young boy who is quite scared on the verge of tears.

This episode just reminded me of that one from SG-1, where the real talents of Michael Shanks are shown, just as this SGA episode has shown the real talents of David Hewlett
                Spoiler:

Comment

He was incredible. He's always wonderful, but he was just outstanding in The Shrine.

Wilson3Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post
                    Did David's performance remind anybody else of Michael Shanks' performance in a particular SG-1 episode???

I cannot recall the title of the episode but its where the consciousness of dozens of people from an offworld planet are put into Daniel Jacksons mind. This includes a young boy who is quite scared on the verge of tears.

This episode just reminded me of that one from SG-1, where the real talents of Michael Shanks are shown, just as this SGA episode has shown the real talents of David Hewlett
                    Yes, Michael Shanks did crazy in that episode quite effectively as well.
                    sigpic

Comment

oh i am sure his performance was the best, but was it similiar to Toa of Rodney ??
                      sigpic
                      May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I totally agree! I loved both David's and Kate's performances. I think I was choked up through most of the parts with him, and crying at least twice.

The SG-1 ep. mentioned above was 'Life Boat'. MS won an award for the acting, and I think DH deserves on as well!
                        Less talk, more shut the hell up.

Proud Sheppy Thunk Thread Lurker

Comment

While, I think we can all agree that DH was fantastic in this episode...and i mean INCREDIBLY FRAKING FANTASTIC...I think the rest of the cast was way beyond anything we've seen yet...Even past some of RDA's best moments...The acting in this episode is something that I think fans have been looking for from atlantis for a long time...true solid visible relationships between the characters. The looks on the actor's faces when they were visiting rodney in the infirmary just before telling him of the shrine, we're dead on for anyone in that situation, not once in this episode did someone not look concerned or anything short of love for rodney...no matter how much he gets on their nerves. I also loved sheppard during the scene where rodney came to his quarters...JF showed his colors as an actor in that scene...he was just fantastic. Also, for anyone that doesn't like jewel as an actor, I think this episode should have shown them for sure! She was absolutly amazing as well! especially in the scenes where she was watching the video...and talking to jeannie...and talking to rodney! just all of that was great. There was one scene I didn't really think was acted the best by all parties, where jeannie ran into the hall and ran into Ronon...I think Jeannie was great...but I think Ronon was a bit...distant? uncaring? it seemed. It may have been because they have established that he doesn't deal well with these sort of things...but there was even less inflection in his voice in that scene than there normally is...Perhaps it was just me...But I loved every minute of this episode

Comment

Originally posted by Brain_Child View Post

Uhm, sorry no. MS's performance in that seemed too overacted. The changes here a lot of the time were much more subtle and very well done I thought. I'd love to see DH nominated for an Emmy but I doubt he would win no matter how good it was. Sci Fi is always over looked in these things. It is so unfair. Where else do you have to really act since most of the time these things could definately not happen in real life. Just a shame. Great performance by DH.
                            Shelly
                            My Photos
                            sigpic

Comment

No doubt about it, David H excelled in this episode. But I have to say so did the rest of the cast especially Joe F, Jason M and Kate H.

The Shrine
                              Spoiler:
                              The Pier scene between Shep and McKay was just so natural, spontaneous. For me it will go down as one of the most wonderful moments of SGA. Friends for life.
                              sigpic

Comment

Of all the episodes of SG1, SGA and the movies this was the best one so far by far.

Comment

Working...
                                X