This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
    They could of explained how she changed into a wraith..

Retrovirus or plastic surgery?
    Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
    This is the only issue I have with the episode. They didn't explain how Teyla's transformation was possible, and it felt like a bit of a cop-out.
    It was likely a retro-virus that was perfected by Keller from Carson's and Michael's research.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RodneyIsGodney View Post
      I guess I was the only person who saw the dart flying backwards then.
      I saw it flying backwards too! Just before it blew up!

Thought it was cool special effect when everything else was going forward!
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        It was likely a retro-virus that was perfected by Keller from Carson's and Michael's research.
        I doubt it. It was more likely surgery to make her look like a Wraith. The retrovirus would change her DNA which isn't really. needed as Teyla has enough Wraith DNA to pass off as a queen.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

[QUOTE=Kribby;8922896]
          Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
          different factions[/QUOTE

Ah, I missed something. I thought there was one head queen and that was the whole point. You know, Todd just killed the head queen and now he can rule by proxy.
          Todd took over his faction. His Hive was just one in the faction ruled over by the Prime Queen (forgot what they called her, something about Prime) and that faction was just one of many within the Wraith as a whole.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

[QUOTE=Shan Bruce Lee;8922954]
            Originally posted by Kribby View Post

Todd took over his faction. His Hive was just one in the faction ruled over by the Prime Queen (forgot what they called her, something about Prime) and that faction was just one of many within the Wraith as a whole.
            Alright, last stupid question of the night-- so does Todd rule all the wraith now or now just two factions?

Comment

Wow! I was quite impressed by this episode! Definitely one of the best so far this season!

I'm glad that we learned a little more about how the wraith work

However- one grievance: THE TEN SECOND INTRO?!?! Nooooo!
              sigpic
              Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

[quote=Kribby;8922967]

Alright, last stupid question of the night-- so does Todd rule all the wraith now or now just two factions?
                Todd was already a member of the faction. He put Teyla in control and set himself up to rule by proxy.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                  IIf he refuses to accept the treatment, or starts to cause any sort of problems, she will turn back into the Queen, pay his hive a visit, and have him killed. Todd is the only thing standing between Teyla, and the Wraith. If she got rid of him, she could lead the Wraith right over the cliff and straight down to their destruction.

das
                  I understood what she meant. My question was - how will she pay the hive a visit? How will she know which hive it is? How will she track his movements and get herself on board?

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  I really didn't care for the Sheppard/Teyla. We all knew why she was going to do it. Did we really need to show Sheppard disagree? Was that really important to the plot? I think the expedition has let Todd into Atlantis one too many. He looked a little too happy when he walks into the infirmary and says, "Where is my patient." That said, Teyla looked really cool in Wraith makeup not to mention scary. I could barely recognize her voice.
                  What I liked about this scene was the concern it expressed for Teyla. Her teammates care for her, but sometimes it's nice to be reminded of that.
                  I doubt it. It was more likely surgery to make her look like a Wraith. The retrovirus would change her DNA which isn't really. needed as Teyla has enough Wraith DNA to pass off as a queen.
                  Keller said she was performing surgery. Todd was merely a technical advisor. Teyla wasn't given any kind of retrovirus to make her a Wraith. Not only do they not have that kind of virus, they would have no way of knowing its effects. They simply altered her appearance (like they've done in every scifi show since ST TOS - Kirk was a Romulan, I believe) with some unspecified plastic surgery.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Luciana
                  My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

He's in control of the one faction that he was a part of. The Queen he killed was the former ruler of the faction and he served under her. Now he's basically in control of that faction.
                    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

No one rules all the Wraith. They split into factions/alliances in S2 I believe. Each queen rules her hive and some hives ally themselves with other hives. Todd rules his alliance, but the number of hives is unknown.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Luciana
                      My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
                        did keller said she never seen a hive ship before?
                        Yup. She's only been in the process of turning into one.

This was a great episode, particularly when compared to the last one.

If assassination is a standard method of rising to power among queens, I wonder if they ever have consorts that make a fuss about it.

Originally posted by sparklegem View Post
                        This is the only issue I have with the episode. They didn't explain how Teyla's transformation was possible, and it felt like a bit of a cop-out.
                        I think it was old Starfleet Romulan-impersonation technology. Whatever that entails. I don't think it was retroviral, that would (A) be dangerous (B) probably give Wraith psychic talents, so it wouldn't have to be Teyla that did it.

Comment

Great episode! Question: I assumed the red haired queen from 'The Last Man' that Michael beheaded in the episode was the lead queen.

Am I wrong?

Maybe the wraith use hair dye!
                          different factions
                          Ah, I missed something. I thought there was one head queen and that was the whole point. You know, Todd just killed the head queen and now he can rule by proxy.
                          Yeah - she was just the primary Queen of that alliance - there could be a dozen or more alliances for all we know. Whether or not there is a Queen who rules over all, that we may never know.

More likely it was to add some commercial timeDon't give the Wraith thunkers ideas
                          Well, most Wraith thunkers don't want to see Todd with Teyla, but Todd with THEM. The idea of Todd with Teyla just makes us very, VERY jealous! Reeeow!!! *scratches Teyla's eyes out*

Oh, and I really liked your 'review' on the episode. You're right - they can't go wrong with Todd. Had they introduced these kinds of stories earlier, I believe SGA could have been a MUCH different, and more successful, show. Through Todd, the Wraith have gained so much depth and dimension - something that was lacking in the first two seasons, and - as I understand it - turned many people off because the Wraith were just one-dimensional space vampires (well, not Steve...Steve was pure elegance and beauty...).

I think it was both - I do believe it was gene therapy - why else would it take her TWO weeks to recover? Two weeks to recover from plastic surgery? Nah...not eating just liquids and stuff. I think they had to make her 'Wraith', not just put a Halloween costume on her.

das
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                            Well, most Wraith thunkers don't want to see Todd with Teyla, but Todd with THEM.?* The idea of Todd with Teyla just makes us very, VERY jealous!?* Reeeow!!!?* *scratches Teyla's eyes out*
                            The Wraith thunkers are weird people. I have a hard time understanding their ways. I think they like it that way
                            Oh, and I really liked your 'review' on the episode.?* You're right - they can't go wrong with Todd.?* Had they introduced these kinds of stories earlier, I believe SGA could have been a MUCH different, and more successful, show.?* Through Todd, the Wraith have gained so much depth and dimension - something that was lacking in the first two seasons, and - as I understand it - turned many people off because the Wraith were just one-dimensional space vampires (well, not Steve...Steve was pure elegance and beauty...).
                            Thanks. I didn't know anyone actually read my reviews
                            I think it was both - I do believe it was gene therapy - why else would it take her TWO weeks to recover??* Two weeks to recover from plastic surgery??* Nah...not eating just liquids and stuff.?* I think they had to make her 'Wraith', not just put a Halloween costume on her.das
                            I never said it was plastic surgery. Some surgerys do take weeks to recover from. However you do raise an interesting point. I suppose it was more deep then just the skin
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

jelgate, you should see if you can get your episode reviews into their respective sections on GateWorld. New episodes of the series haven't had 'official' reviews in ages, and it bugs me.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
                                I understood what she meant. My question was - how will she pay the hive a visit? How will she know which hive it is? How will she track his movements and get herself on board?
                                Oh, I see. I'm sure they will have to keep in touch somehow - Todd does seem interested in the therapy - just not ready to give up the tasty farmers just yet. He also has that tablet. I'm thinking that - right now - he 'has' to keep in contact with Atlantis...it's to his benefit at the moment. And, if his authority is ever questioned, he will have to summons Teyla to rescue him. LOL...he's SO screwed right now...

Keller said she was performing surgery. Todd was merely a technical advisor. Teyla wasn't given any kind of retrovirus to make her a Wraith. Not only do they not have that kind of virus, they would have no way of knowing its effects. They simply altered her appearance (like they've done in every scifi show since ST TOS - Kirk was a Romulan, I believe) with some unspecified plastic surgery.
                                Like I said earlier - it had to be more than just surgery. I think her Wraith DNA had to be amped up a bit, especially since it took two weeks, on liquid foods, to recuperate.

das
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X