This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SgaIsBad View Post
    I can see since the Wraith evolved through human contact they have a similar physiology such as crucial veins in the neck.

But I think back to the Wraith queen in Season's 3 "Submersion" and we have a very different queen portrayed. She is able to sense other human presence's from a mile way. Also, with her mental powers alone she was almost able to kill Teyla with a single thought when they were connected (including her baby later on) Plus she was able to swim through the bottom of the sea at crushing pressure to get to the undergroud Ancient laboratory.

So with the queen's mental powers alone, why didn't she sense Todd's attack? And after the afor mentioned healing power's, a knife to the neck is all it took?

Just disappointed that the Wraith continued to be weakened throughout the series.
    Well Todd or Michael are far from being Weak. It goes to show that The Wraith are very smart and have some very cunning individuals. It's not just about physical strength .
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      *sigh*

Knew we would get one of these sooner or later.

First off she was taken by surprise and Todd is not exactly human, so he has more strength to really get that knife into the Queen.
      Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Also if Wraith anatomy is anything like ours, the neck is one of the most vulernable part in the body.
      I agree with both of these points and I also want to remind everybody of how Shep finally killed a queen by stabbing her with a Wraith Stunner after shooting her didn't work.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

why not if u cut a pigs neck vein it will ,ost certainly die so why cant a queen die of this. maybe she did not feed in a while and was very weak.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Me too, Heyerdahl as Todd is always wonderful and especially so in this episode. I liked his fruit and farmers comment in the beginning.

That was one of the funniest script lines in the season so far,, hard to outdo that one...

My Story:
          http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
            I think the only think for me that was a little disappointing was the fight between stumpy... the 2nd in command of the other ship.... sorry never got his name. I was expecting to see her kick ass moves or for her skills to be more enhanced with having 'more wraith dna'? Did she have more? So I was expecting something different in that scene, good job Todd was looking out for her.

I blame those stiletto boots she was sporting. They were very wraith queen-chic. I would say they were fashion over function but being a little taller was probably called for on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              there's so much that was a missed opportunity in this

teyla confronting her wraithyness...like did she have to feed? or did she just fake it? or did she kinda fast?

Why does the team keep trusting Tod and others? cause dude, they are ALWAYS played as patseys and keep falling for someone else's double crosses.

teyla did show some of her potential to be a kick tushie person...but she still ends up being rescued. Is that all she is now? the perpetual damsel in distress?

It wasn't anything even vaguely resemblilng bad by a long shot..it just could have been so much more had the whole thing not been so superficial.
              But I think back to the Wraith queen in Season's 3 "Submersion" and we have a very different queen portrayed. She is able to sense other human presence's from a mile way. Also, with her mental powers alone she was almost able to kill Teyla with a single thought when they were connected (including her baby later on) Plus she was able to swim through the bottom of the sea at crushing pressure to get to the undergroud Ancient laboratory.
              I agree with both of these. I was disappointed. JM said that Teyla's wraith abilities would exceed what was expected of her, and I didn't see that at all. I didn't see her use any wraith abilities in the episode, unless you call her appearance or the ability to bluff a wraith ability. Which I entirely approve of by the way, along with Todd (Todd is never not awesome), but she didn't do anything other than bluff. She didn't fight the queen, she didn't use her wraith mind control abilities, and the bald wraith took her down very very easily and she had to be rescued by Todd. I can't imagine that wraith taking S1 Teyla down quite so easily. It was not what I was expecting, at all. I liked her bluffing, and her confrontation of Todd, but I was hoping we'd see these super wraith abilities that they keep talking about, or a reappearance of warrior Teyla. Neither happened. And I never got the sense that she really became Wraith - it was just Teyla playing wraith. I was thinking that the Wraith part of her would take control of her more, and that never happened IMO.

The whole transformation thing wasn't explained at all. How exactly did they do this? Was it surgery or some modification of the retrovirus? How deeply did Teyla become wraith? And what happened to the Wraith telepathic ability with each other? We learned in S1 that they're all mindlinked to a certain extent, and Michael's queen made it a point to rub his nose in the fact that they could sense the human in him, even though he'd reverted back. So why couldn't they sense the human in Teyla? None of that was explained, and while I liked the deeper look into Wraith culture, I felt like some of it really flew in the face of what we learned about the wraith in earlier seasons, especially as far as their mindlink powers go. And I wanted to see a Teyla fight scene!!

I think Skydiver said it best, that it wasn't bad, but it could have been a whole lot more, and that was disappointing to me.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                I agree with both of these points and I also want to remind everybody of how Shep finally killed a queen by stabbing her with a Wraith Stunner after shooting her didn't work.
                Green for that!

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

I think Skydiver said it best, that it wasn't bad, but it could have been a whole lot more, and that was disappointing to me.
                You have to use your imagination and fantasy mind. That is what SCI FI is all about. Everything cannot be explained then it would be one big bore show.
                sigpic

Comment

Apparently a Wraith Queen can be killed by a simple knife in the neck? What happened to my Season 1 Wraith that took 2 rounds of ammo to kill? And this is a queen? They should of been aiming for the necks from the beginning because apparently only takes one good hit.
                  Thank you! At least we have one sane person here. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous. Surprise or no surprise that was a horribly thought out scene.

Comment

Originally posted by HotOne View Post
                    Thank you! At least we have one sane person here. I thought that was absolutely ridiculous. Surprise or no surprise that was a horribly thought out scene.
                    *sigh* *Must calm down*

So Sheppard stabbing the Wraith Queen with a Wraith Stunner was ridiculous too?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      I agree with both of these. I was disappointed. JM said that Teyla's wraith abilities would exceed what was expected of her, and I didn't see that at all. I didn't see her use any wraith abilities in the episode, unless you call her appearance or the ability to bluff a wraith ability. Which I entirely approve of by the way, along with Todd (Todd is never not awesome), but she didn't do anything other than bluff. She didn't fight the queen, she didn't use her wraith mind control abilities, and the bald wraith took her down very very easily and she had to be rescued by Todd. I can't imagine that wraith taking S1 Teyla down quite so easily. It was not what I was expecting, at all. I liked her bluffing, and her confrontation of Todd, but I was hoping we'd see these super wraith abilities that they keep talking about, or a reappearance of warrior Teyla. Neither happened. And I never got the sense that she really became Wraith - it was just Teyla playing wraith. I was thinking that the Wraith part of her would take control of her more, and that never happened IMO.

The whole transformation thing wasn't explained at all. How exactly did they do this? Was it surgery or some modification of the retrovirus? How deeply did Teyla become wraith? And what happened to the Wraith telepathic ability with each other? We learned in S1 that they're all mindlinked to a certain extent, and Michael's queen made it a point to rub his nose in the fact that they could sense the human in him, even though he'd reverted back. So why couldn't they sense the human in Teyla? None of that was explained, and while I liked the deeper look into Wraith culture, I felt like some of it really flew in the face of what we learned about the wraith in earlier seasons, especially as far as their mindlink powers go. And I wanted to see a Teyla fight scene!!

A lot of this would have been easier to digest if they had just explained Teyla's transformation better. They definitely dropped the ball on that. Delving more into Teyla's balance of her wraith side in this situation probably would have been a better story overall but not in 45 minutes. I think it would have gotten muddled. If they had made this a 2 parter, that would have been the route to go. I hadn't run across JM's comments about Teyla's amped up wraith abilities but I didn't see that either. A simple one-line explanation would have helped that issue too--I figured if she could bluff her way into convincing all those wraith that she's a queen then her wraith abilities must be way beyond what we thought they were.

But as an alternative, I liked that that she was Teyla playing a wraith and not becoming one. Because she looked so wraith, or at least not like Teyla, I responded to seeing the contrast of who she really was underneath. I think if she was going to go all uber-wraith on us, I'd have liked to see another SGA team character there to remind the audience of who she was. As much as I like Todd, that couldn't have been him since he probably would have just encouraged her. And their dynamic together with the cross and double-cross and keeping each other in check was a nice balance and pretty entertaining.

I agree they could have revved up a fight scene there. Again, I blame the stiletto boots.

Comment

Apparently a Wraith Queen can be killed by a simple knife in the neck? What happened to my Season 1 Wraith that took 2 rounds of ammo to kill? And this is a queen? They should of been aiming for the necks from the beginning because apparently only takes one good hit.
                        Rewatch Suspicion and 38 minutes and you'll find that "your" season 1 Wraith are killed just as easily. The Defiant One was the only exception along with Rising.

Comment

Originally posted by HotOne View Post
                          I had no idea suspension of disbelief for a TV show was insane.

Comment

there's so much that was a missed opportunity in this

teyla confronting her wraithyness...like did she have to feed? or did she just fake it? or did she kinda fast?
                            I don't think she had to fake anything. Teyla was only Queen for a short period of time, there was no need to feed

Why does the team keep trusting Tod and others? cause dude, they are ALWAYS played as patseys and keep falling for someone else's double crosses.
                            because he's probably the only Wraith that would listen to their proposal

teyla did show some of her potential to be a kick tushie person...but she still ends up being rescued. Is that all she is now? the perpetual damsel in distress?
                            Shep etc would've never attempted a rescue mission if Teyla hadn't ordered the destruction of the other Hive

It wasn't anything even vaguely resemblilng bad by a long shot..it just could have been so much more had the whole thing not been so superficial
                            how so?

Joe & co had to at least suspect that this was gonna be their last season, why not take some risks and stop playing it safe?
                            I think Whispers was a risk, and also
                            Spoiler:
                            the introduction of a new enemy and the R/K/R love triangle
                            sigpic
                            The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

A very good SGA episode though it reminded me very much of TNG's "Face of the Enemy" in both cases a rather gentle character (though we know that Teyla is a formidable fighter) has to assume the role of an enemy and blossom in their roles. Deanna was turned into a Romulan commander and Teyla into a Wraith. Also the way ranks shift within the Wraith society reminded me of the Romulans but it was nice to see more of them. Todd is a wonderful character and I love him as a precarious aliance partner.

It is sad to see that SGA finally knows what it wants and is now forced into cramming storylines that could last half a season (Ronon's addiction and way back to health, the fight for dominance within the Wraith alliance and Teyla and Todd) into a single episode. Hence the storylines feel rushed.

So frustrating. Anyway on the scale of SGA this was a 8/10
                              He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                              He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                              And he's wonderful.

Comment

I was wondering: who's the actress that informed over the comm that Todd has arrived? She looked like Leela Savasta, but she was killed off during that last episode Whispers?
                                Am I the only one who felt the episode felt a bit rushed towards the end?
                                Overal not a bad episode, better than Whispers anyway. Where The Queen was more classic stargate, Whispers felt like a bad sci-fi horror movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X