Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(I posted in WDC, but I'll post here too)

I just finished watching "The Queen" and all I can say is, "Wow ..."
    It might be my new favorite SGA episode! Todd was fantastic, and I loved the story, the humor, the dialogue, the style, just ... everything!. Urgh!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
      Best episode thus far.

And I was pleased about the bait they did with the betrayal.

And did anyone catch the very end with Teyla, you know... when she was playing with her "hand". Maybe the instinct that there should be something there is bothering her?
      I think that's just extra signaling that the agressiveness brought on by the wraith transformation will resurface in the future.

Comment

Not that much of a Todd fan, but I loved Chris Heyerdahl.

Liked the cool response he had to Ronan's threats. I wouldn't have been suprised if he'd made one of those bored little teeth-sucking noises at him...

Did he say "right..." under his breath as he walked past Ronan?

Comment

Originally posted by ladyjanus View Post
          Did he say "right..." under his breath as he walked past Ronan?
          Yes, he did. Todd seemed very confident, and walked around Atlantis like he owned the place.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            That was a cruiser.
            Ok, and she was in the back of the jumper when they went to Talus so she probably didn't see those either (and there was the smoke), so I guess that was her first time.

Comment

didnt keller see the hives in the Shrine?

Comment

Gah why no opening sequence.
                supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nightmare_warrior View Post
                  didnt keller see the hives in the Shrine?
                  Yes, but she never saw the inside of a hive before. Plus those hiveships were on the ground, can't really see the whole ship, not like you do in space. That and the jumper was going pretty fast.

I guess I was the only person who saw the dart flying backwards then.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME.

Comment

All I have to say is: ITS ABOUT TIME!

Finally, after 5 seasons, we are finally given some insight into the inner-workings of the Wraith. Both in their politics and in their nature. Getting to spend nearly an entire episode aboard a Wraith ship from the Queens point of view really opens things up. At the same time, it also makes me feel like we have potentially missed a lot of story opportunities. The goa'uld always had a face, but the Wraith for the first seasons have just been a single enemy with a single purpose. But enough complaining, this episode advanced the story in a unique way, and we finally got some insight into the enemy.

Comment

Extremely strong episode tonight. I was pleased with it from start to finish. Teyla was great in this episode, she really was. And, what can I say about Todd? He is easily my favorite Wraith ever, and I love any time we get to see him. He was stellar in this one. I really can't wait to re-watch this one in a little while.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post

Teyla performed great as a Queen. Todd killing the Primary Queen was a surprise to me.
                        Who knew Wraith society works that way.
                        Well, we already knew that wraith are willing to kill their own if it means survival. This was no different. Todd is just a more politically savvy wraith then anyone else in the series.

I kept thinking that there would be a scene where they wanted her to eat a human but it didn't happen. Was anyone else expecting something like that? Attacking the other hive was a good move to assert power.
                        They had no reason at the time to doubt her identity as a wraith since Todd, Michael, and his hybrids are the only wraith who know this is even possible. A 'wine toast' would've been both cliche and out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Extremely strong episode tonight. I was pleased with it from start to finish. Teyla was great in this episode, she really was. And, what can I say about Todd? He is easily my favorite Wraith ever, and I love any time we get to see him. He was stellar in this one. I really can't wait to re-watch this one in a little while.
                          The only problem with this episode was.......

Spoiler:
                          It ended. I WANTED MORE!
                          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this ep. All I knew about it was what was shown at the end of last week's show.

Good stuff
                            * Todd!! You can never go wrong with him. He has made the Wraith SO much more interesting. And he makes me laugh.

* Wraith culture - how their hive alliances work, the importance of a queen, not all Wraith have hair

* reverse retrovirus - NICE!

* Teyla - absolutely awesome. RL was terrific in this. She managed to look confident and scared at the same time under all that make up. Loved Teyla's way of killing Wraith (and Todd's shock at her doing it when he figured it out) and her threat to keep Todd in line

* surprise drone attack by the jumper

* the idea of adapting beaming tech to the jumper. I really hope they manage that this season.

* Todd playing them to get control of the alliance. Tricksy he is.

Questions/Quibbles

* What the hell happened to the opening credits? I thought we already tried this in S2. Bring back the opening sequence!

* "Aren't you a little short for a" Wraith queen? I missed Andee. Thought she would be The Primary.

* Not much for the boys to do.

* Were those candles scented? I bet vanilla really changes the atmosphere of a hive....

* How is Teyla planning on keeping an eye on Todd? Is there a way to track his hive?

I really did enjoy this. Loved learning more about the Wraith. Alan McCollough rocks.
                            sigpic
                            Sig by Luciana
                            My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

You know what else we learned about Todd?

That the hive that went to Atlantis and swore to keep it a secret if they helped out with the Asurans was his "hive". His real family. All the Wraith were genetically related to him (or at least half or more). That the Queen of that ship was his mom.

That had to hurt.
                              http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Todd was excellent as always. Loved seeing RL have something meaningful to do. She did a fantastic job in this episode. I liked it much better than I thought I would.

Comment

Working...
                                X