This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
    But aside from these two questions, I liked it and my favourite bit gotta be when Teyla kicked Michael off the ledge, like how cool was that shot?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...X/supermum.png
    "Don't mess with a mom or we will mess with you!"
    Great capture, I loved that shot of Teyla standing over Michael. As some others have said I kinda wished that Teyla had gotten to fight a bit more, but on the other hand I loved the efficiency of her fighting. A few quick blows and Michael's holding on for his life. Supermom indeed.

sigpic

Comment

I haven't read all the posts, but saw a few relating to Michael taking a 'trohpy' from Ronan and speculating on exactly what he would have done.

My guess is Michael would have taken off Ronan's head and held it up like he did with the Wraith queen in last year's season ender.

Any other guesses?

Comment

5.) Why didnt the team that was captured and gave info to him give him a phony iris code that would make atlantis base raise the shield like in Forsaken with jonas and the chick.
        I've always wondered why the sgc doesn't have this as a standard protocol. a 'coming back under duress' code...when they have to dial back but don't want to or are being made to

as to teyla and michael....if she hadn't have killed him it would have ruined the whole eps...because he's like freddy krugar, or mckay accurately compared him to a roach, in that he doen'st die and go away like he should. If teyla was merciful, michael would have haunted her and toran's life forever
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

did he specifically say trophy? cause my idea was that he intended to kill ronon

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            did he specifically say trophy? cause my idea was that he intended to kill ronon
            He said he was 'collecting one last prize'. My take on it was that he was about to take Ronon's head.

Comment

I've always wondered why the sgc doesn't have this as a standard protocol. a 'coming back under duress' code...when they have to dial back but don't want to or are being made to

as to teyla and michael....if she hadn't have killed him it would have ruined the whole eps...because he's like freddy krugar, or mckay accurately compared him to a roach, in that he doen'st die and go away like he should. If teyla was merciful, michael would have haunted her and toran's life forever
              I'm not sure what it's called, Foreshadowing maybe? Basically Mckay's comment about Michael being a Cockroach was exactly how Teyla treated him when she decided to let him fall.

I agree, Michael had to be killed in this episode. Another escape would of brought the build up to this episode to nothing. The scene with Sheppard and Michael fighting on the outskirts of Atlantis will always be a memorable moment in the series to me.

Just to compare eps..

Spoiler:
              I will never forget the moment when Sheppard shot Kolya to save Weir in "The Eye". Hopefully that powerful moment will be shown in the next episode. Along with all the other Kolya and Sheppard heated moments
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                He said he was 'collecting one last prize'. My take on it was that he was about to take Ronon's head.
                I was thinking he'd be getting a DNA sample to clone Ronon, then use the hybrid treatment on the clone. Imagine an army of cloned Ronon hybrids

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. The fight scenes were awesome and the end fight really got the heart going because you knew earlier Michael had beaten Ronon and threw him off the balcony and he's alot tougher than Sheppard. Of course you knew he wasn't really gonna die. I thought for a second Lorne might have gotten the chop until they said "He's just unconscious".
                  Joel pulled out all the stops in this ep. The music was great and added to the epicness.
                  A great end and long over due end for Michael
                  Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

i got that too...although i was hoping that he was gonna hack off the wig of doom

sigpic

Comment

i got that too...although i was hoping that he was gonna hack off the wig of doom
                      A little something for memorabila?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                        Wow, great episode.

Michael lost it more than once, Ronon and Michael got to finally duke it out, McKay and Zelenka bickered, and Teyla kicked butt. Definitely an awesome episode.

Kudos to the fight choreographer. The Ronon/Michael fight and the Sheppard/Michael fight were just brutal.

Oh, and Sheppard and McKay finally acknowledging the numerous suicide missions? Great bit.

"You had two years"! Great line!
                        Why thank you very much!!

Comment

Hi Bam Bam I have to agree! I was on the edge of my seat during that final fight scene One of my favourite of Stargate ever
                          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Hey Bam Bam, excellent job with this episode. The fight cordination really brought out a lot in this episode!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
                              Oooh, very good point. Perhaps he has super sensory capabilities of detecting wraith-like people. Maybe more than his mom.

Also, what happened to the off-world team? How did Michael get this information, were they captured?
                              I was under the impression Michael thought Torren's abilities would be much stronger than Teyla's. That's why Michael wanted him.

As for Nelson's team, their fate was left to the imagination, but knowing Michael, they are very, very dead. He "convinced" the team in Vengeance to radio Weir and give her false information. I'm sure he was equally persuasive here. He either turned them into hybrids where they have to do his biddiing or gave his pet Iratus bugs a snack.

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              Hmm well the scene was very well done. She did hesitate, but Michael killed so many people, and used her child, and turned the father of her baby into a Hybrid. When you look at Sheppard's face it is like Sheppard is almost saying, do it. Michael did deserve to die, but it is just so moral knowing Atlantis was the one who created him. So does the creator of the monster have the right to kill his own invention? Truly very deep.
                              I didn't see hesitation in Teyla. I saw deliberateness. She slowly kicked his hands away, looking in his eyes. She knew exactly what she was doing - killing the being responsible for so much pain and death in the galaxy, for her personally as well as for all the other worlds (which she had been recently reminded of in "Inquisition"). She promised in "Missing" that she would make whoever took her people pay. She kept that promise.

1) When the splash destroyed half the puddlejumper, why didn't the other half of the ship explode? Is it cos the main power drives were at the rear of the jumper hence didn't pose a problem with it getting half-destroyed?
                              Why would the ship explode because half was severed? Are you thinking that if the power cells had been in the front half the severed circuits would have overloaded?

I think the power cells/drive/whatever must have been in the back for it to have shut down so quickly (no sparks, etc).

2) With the countdown programmed to the puddlejumper and the Atlantis system, when normal power was returned to the city, wouldn't the self-destruct program be still in place but with the source of the power be replaced from the puddlejumper to the ZPM? Is it that simple to disengage Atlantis' self-destruct, by basically turning the city off and turning back on again much like a PC?
                              My understanding was the jumper was powering the systems Michael had running. Once that power was cut, the systems it was operating went off.

At first, I thought he was just going to slit Ronon's throat, but I like your idea much better.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Originally posted by CazzBlade View Post
                                Hi Bam Bam I have to agree! I was on the edge of my seat during that final fight scene One of my favourite of Stargate ever
                                Yeah the Teyla/Michael scene was great huh
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X