• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
    i want those cars
    Come to my house. I have a crate full in my attic
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

This episode was amazing, one that will be remempered as one of Atlanti's best imo.
      It just had it ALL.
      -Unfulfilled love.I almost felt sad for poor Michael, trying until the last moment to take Teyla with him. He had the baby's DNA , he stayed back for her.Poor guy...Died from his loves hand...
      -Teyla "The Warrior Princess" , i rest my case....
      -Ronon getting some lessons.First beeing saved by a lady(and what a lady) and then beeing thrown over a balcony.. by Michael.
      -Mckay, Zelenka and the stun bubble, that moment was hillarius.They where great, as always.
      -Mckay's pieces all over those stairs... i lmao, poor nerd..
      -Was that yellow car a Porche? I loved that they went back playing with their cars after they took care of the bad guy.. so clise bad so cool.
      -The little guy's laugh
      -The scene where Teyla decides Michael's faith. Angry mum kicking a**
      -Woolsey and Ronon trying to communicate... and managing it!!
      ;( One episode less damn them.....................
      Spoiler:
      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
      (YEAR 0 - 100)
      "O thou Sun,
      send me as far over the earth
      as is my pleasure and thine,
      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
      but never hear anything of bad ones,
      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I have just one question... where was Kanaan through all this? Are we to assume he was knocked out or just not on Atlantis?

He was on the mainland with the rest of their people. Teyla refered to this in begining when she was walking with the baby.

Comment

yes, an amazing ep!!!
          Why? did they cancel this again?

Teyla actually had some character depth displayed in this episode. Amazing! I had almost forgotten that I liked Teyla. I'm glad she's back! Go Teyla!!

The banter between Radek & Rodney with the whole "stun bubble" thing cracked me up.

Ronon & Woolsey start bonding. awe...

The gate-room chic (I forget her name at the moment) so totally kicks butt~!! Maybe Ronon should ask her to dinner or sparring or something

I could've done without Rodney getting all emo with John in the jumper. It's like they're forcing McShep on us or something (vomit). But I did love how John blew it off and sent Rodney to fly the thing anyway.

Can we just be done with Michael already? Oh. Wait....

Comment

Good ep! I was suprised they actually killed Michael, kinda expected a big movie ending to him. The hand to hand fighting on the outside of the tower was epic. Didnt see Teyla coming out to finish him off, suprise! I suppose well have a million posts screaming MURDER MURDER GENOCIDE GENOCIDE now /eyeroll.

Wonder wut they ment by someone taking his place? Think he cloned himself incase he died? Kinda the same problem with Baal, you never know if u really killed him.

Edit: if you fall more than 5 stories you burst like a watermellon, if he hit the city he left a stain, if he hit the water he still popped, just his parts sank down to feed some spacefish.
            Last edited by kymeric; 08 November 2008, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pic View Post
              The gate-room chic (I forget her name at the moment) so totally kicks butt~!! Maybe Ronon should ask her to dinner or sparring or something
              I think it's Amelia. She really is quite an addition to the show.Shame there is no longer a show....#@#@#@#@#@

Originally posted by Pic View Post
              I could've done without Rodney getting all emo with John in the jumper. It's like they're forcing McShep on us or something (vomit).
              Yes that moment was to mutch IMO to. It wasn't like it was their first time in a difficult situation.They said so themselves, but still it looked weird for Rodney to do such a gesture. He can't have become so soft!(and showing it).
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

I totally loved this ep. For some reason I just loved Amelia Banks kicking that guys head in, there is just something soo great about a little tech beating the crap out of a michael minion maybe because they never really got the chance in the past but awsome.

I'm glad Michael is dead. Don't mess with TJ.
                sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

This episode was Atlantis at it's best, and my favourite episode of the season, right up there with Search and Rescue. It featured all the characters that make the show great, and just shows that there is no need for barbie doctors or love triangles. The team and their interaction is the highlight of the show.

Favourite moments were Woolsey/Ronon... Woolsey has been one of the highlights of the season and has really done a great job interacting with everyone. He just fits in like a glove.
                  Rodney/Radek and their little spat about stun bubbles ..priceless.
                  I enjoyed the McKay/Sheppard banter here, it felt more genuine and natural than in previous episodes. Not that fussed about the boys playing with their toys.

Teyla/Michael interaction was awesome and Connor Trinneer did a wonderful job of showing Michael as the meglomaniac one moment and the slighted admirer the next. As twisted as he had become I still felt sorry for him and his undoing really was his feelings for Teyla, no matter how warped they were.

Teyla was awesome in this episode and it was such a pleasure to see her get something decent to do. Why can't the writers do her justice more often. I loved the ending with her coming to save John's life, and her pushing Michael over the egde. Great ending for Michael and I loved the look on John's face, it was a mixture of shock and awe..

The fight sequences were some of the best I have seen in a while. Both the Michael/Ronon and the Michael/John were extremely well done and actually got my adrenalin pumping watching both of them.
                  It's nice to see Teyla laugh and interact with her team mates. We havn't seen enough of this in season 5 and it's the small moments like this that make the difference as the chemistry and dynamic between the characters fuels my enjoyment of the show.

Great to see John interacting with Teyla again, have missed their wonderful dynamic as much of the team interaction has been missing this season. Amelia Banks was great as well. I'm really liking her a lot and loved her interaction with Ronon.

So overall a great ep.. a few nitpicks but not enough to hamper my enjoyment so a solid 9/10
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, after taking a break for a few episodes, coming back to this one was a real treat. This episode was practically perfect in every way. I say practically because I still think it would have been more impacting for the hand to hand fight on the tower to be between Teyla and Michael rather than John and Michael. Sorry Shep Whumpers. I think him being there to see Teyla's ruthlessness was a great touch, but the big fight should have been Teyla's IMO. That was the biggest disappointment of the episode for me. I've been looking forward to a good Teyla fight all season, and this looked like the best chance for it to happen.

But other than that, I loved it. I've been so missing the John and Rodney interactions, and this was great for that. Loved the scenes with them playing cars bookending the episode, and loved Teyla having fun with the boys - I'm not sure I've ever seen her just hanging out with John and Rodney, and I loved it. Woolsey and Ronon - awesome. That was a great touch to pair those two together for scenes, and Woolsey helping Teyla escape, and Amelia's kickboxing - you go, girl! Could this be the new love interest for Ronon that JM made some vague hint about? I don't think I'd mind.

Ronon's fight with Michael was great, and I gasped when he was thrown over the railing. I'm glad they didn't have him just get up and walk away from that. John and Rodney working together, and especially their scenes in the jumper, the acknowledgement that Shep's flown a few too many suicide missions, and Rodney's obvious reluctance to let it happen.

I'm sure there's other things I liked that I've missed, but all in all, I think this is my favorite episode that I've seen of this season. I wouldn't change a thing except, as already noted, the tower fight. But Teyla standing there watching him fall - that was a great shot. You go, Teyla. This episode was practically a checklist of everything I wanted to see. Michael storyline ended - check. Teyla being the one to kill him - check (y'all will remember I've been campaigning for this for quite some time). Kanaan surviving - check. The baby not getting kidnapped - check. Teyla not playing damsel in distress - check. Shep and McKay goodness - check. And the Ronon/Woolsey/Amelia stuff and the Rodney/Shep/Teyla scene at the end were just awesome extras. I score it 9/10 - would be 10/10 if the tower fight had been Teyla's.

As a quibble (not effecting my scoring of the episode), it would have been nice if they'd thrown in a line explaining just how Michael can fly the puddlejumpers. And I've kinda given up at this point on the Teyla's super Wraith powers storyline. Which is fine. If it was going to appear anywhere, I would have thought it would have been The Queen or this one. Since it didn't appear in either, I'm just going to conclude they must have abandoned that particular development. Oh, and one other quibble - Ronon's wig. It's becoming more and more annoying as time goes on. *headdesk* Curses on the network for making him keep that.
                    Last edited by Killdeer; 08 November 2008, 09:40 AM.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

As a quibble (not effecting my scoring of the episode), it would have been nice if they'd thrown in a line explaining just how Michael can fly the puddlejumpers. And I've kinda given up at this point on the Teyla's super Wraith power storyline. Which is fine. If it was going to appear anywhere, I would have thought it would have been The Queen or this one. Since it didn't appear in either, I'm just going to conclude they must have abandoned that particular development.
                      I think the episode "Infection" will bring this back.
                      sigpic

Comment

It really doesn't surprise me. I imagine given enough time the neural interface can be tricked or be removed for a more manual control.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                          Edit: if you fall more than 5 stories you burst like a watermellon, if he hit the city he left a stain, if he hit the water he still popped, just his parts sank down to feed some spacefish.
                          Hmm, actually, no. There have been cases of people falling a LOT further than that and surviving (parachuting accidents). But it depends on what you land on (concrete is unforgiving, water not so much if you're damned lucky like the fighter pilot who fell two miles). You achieve terminal velocity so can't go any faster, but after rewatching the episode at hte end, he hit concrete, metal, but not water, so, they'll need a shovel, hose and broom to slush off the remains.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaod View Post
                            Michael had the chance to leave Atlantis and leave his hybrids to finish the self-destruct. HE could have left and to "fight another day." But no, they had to kill him because the season is ending soon...

Although, good episode overall. Hoping that Michael cloned himself or something.
                            Maybe he will team up with Todd...
                            Hopefully Michael didn't clone himself. I mean, Ba'al was cloned, Carson was cloned. Been there, done that.

Michael really had to die, otherwise he'd just be the villain who makes a nuisance of himself and constantly escapes, which makes our heroes look stupid. And I thought it was great TEyla did the final dispatch as she had a more personal connectionwith Michael, and hey, if some whacko meglomanic threatened my kid (if I had), he'd be over the side, too. Really, the guy can't be trusted...

Comment

I actually really liked this episode. It was by far the best of the season, imo.

There were nice moments between a number of the characters. I appreciated the Rodney/Sheppard scenes, especially the one in the jumper, because we have not had many friendship scenes between those two this season. I loved seeing Zelenka again, muttering to himself, and the banter with McKay. Why can't we have a spin-off staring Zelenka? I would give that one a try. It was also great to see Lorne again, and see him working in tandem with Sheppard with his team (Sheppard said Lorne had a team--I wish we knew who they were). And Sheppard went to check on Lorne after he went down, nice little touch. Even the Ronon/Woolsey scenes worked well.

And Teyla...finally, she has some material to work with, even though she was stuck listening to madman Michael with a baby in her arms for a lot of the episode. But I thought the final fight scene was great, with her stepping in to save Sheppard, and ultimately pushing Michael over the edge. From just a practical standpoint, she should not have reached down and taken his arm to pull him up. They were on a ledge and he could've potentially unbalanced her and caused her to fall. If he had been a person they could trust not to attack them in the rescue attempt, Teyla and Sheppard should've tried to save him, but he was a wild card who might've killed them, and one who was guilty of genocide to boot.

I also appreciated that we actually got to see the heroes get hurt this episode. Ronon gets beat in that great fight sequence, Sheppard gets his face smashed against Atlantis in his battle with Michael, Woolsey falls down a flight of stairs, Lorne gets knocked unconcious. All this, plus shooting in the dark and getting a real sense of the size of Atlantis for maybe the first time, added tension to the episode. I wish there had been more episodes like this this season.

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                              Oh, and one other quibble - Ronon's wig. It's becoming more and more annoying as time goes on. *headdesk* Curses on the network for making him keep that.
                              When Michael said he was going to collect one more prize, and bent over Ronon with his knife, for a moment I thought he was going to scalp him.
                              Last edited by marielabbott; 08 November 2008, 09:58 AM.

Comment

One of the better episodes of the season. Still had its problems, but overall I thought it was an improvement.

The gate girl suddenly going kung fu was pretty awful, in my opinion. It seems like they're setting up a pairing between her and Ronon.

Comment

Working...
                                X