This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
    Am I the only one that didn't like the way Michael was killed? Or more specifically, the manner in which Teyla killed him?

Don't get me wrong, Teyla killing him was poetic justice and needed to happen for the sake of the story. But to simply brush his hands off the ledge seems...unworthy of their relationship and history.

If there was some sort of symbolism that TPTB meant to portray, I see it but I don't think it's necessarily the correct sort. Brushing something away with ones foot is usually reserved for garbage, trash, something unimportant and meaningless. Yes, Michael was at her mercy. Yes, she got in a few good punches before he fell off the ledge, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting something more epic.

The fight scenes were unequivacally phenomenal in this episode. Ronon and Michael, then Sheppard and Michael. And the CGI in the Sheppard/Michael fight was nicely done. But I would have liked some of that to be thrown Teyla's way. She's been proven to be an extraordinary fighter, and while I have no quibble with a more nurturing Teyla (she did have to take care of her child), I think I would have appreciated Michael's death more and Teyla role in it if that final fight had been her and Michael alone.

Maybe that's just me.
    Well, I remember thinking during the Ronan/Michael fight, "Teyla, don't just stand there! put down the baby and help him!" Seriously, the two of them together might have been able to bring Michael down. Given their history, I agree it would have been better to have more Teyla/Michael action, but that means I'd probably lose the Shepard/Michael fight, which I really don't want. Hmm... dang impasses...

Comment

Originally posted by Vis Uban View Post
      Well, I remember thinking during the Ronan/Michael fight, "Teyla, don't just stand there! put down the baby and help him!" Seriously, the two of them together might have been able to bring Michael down. Given their history, I agree it would have been better to have more Teyla/Michael action, but that means I'd probably lose the Shepard/Michael fight, which I really don't want. Hmm... dang impasses...
      Teyla would not have been able to take Michael on her own. Ronon could not and Sheppard was not exactly pulling any punches right before Teyla showed up. Unless you count Michael smashing his face on the Atlantis city fixture.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Teyla would not have been able to take Michael on her own. Ronon could not and Sheppard was not exactly pulling any punches right before Teyla showed up. Unless you count Michael smashing his face on the Atlantis city fixture.
        Considering that Teyla has been able to defeat Sheppard in hand to hand combat and hold her own against Ronon, that's not accurate at all.

If anything, a more prolonged fight between her and Michael after Sheppard had started him off would have been more satisfying than the few punches followed by the brush off the ledge.
        sigpic

Comment

Considering that Teyla has been able to defeat Sheppard in hand to hand combat and hold her own against Ronon, that's not accurate at all.

If anything, a more prolonged fight between her and Michael after Sheppard had started him off would have been more satisfying than the few punches followed by the brush off the ledge.
          Hmm well I actually liked the team effort by Sheppard and Teyla. I think it just works better.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
            Normally, I'd agree with you, but Teyla has a very different style of fighting than either Shepard or Ronan, both of them are pretty much strait shooters; offensive strength vs. offensive strength. In a fight though, the battlefield is at least as important as the relative strength of the opponents. Given that they were on a slippery ledge, I think it's at least feasible that Teyla could have used her superior maneuverability to her advantage, perhaps decisively so given that the battlefield limited the advantage his superior strength gave him.

Comment

I agree with you. Michael was Teyla's personal demon. And we haven't seen her in a decent fight all season. I would have preferred to see her conquer this one by herself.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaand....

I'd appreciate if TPTB would cease dumbing down Ronon. Poor guy will only have one brain cell left by the time the series is over if they continue in this fashion.

By the time the movie rolls around he'll not only be unable to write and talk, but to understand the basic English.

I may not like the guy, but even I can cry foul at Woolsey giving him a recorder for his mission reports. And the report Ronon gave on Michael at the end?

*facepalm*
                sigpic

Comment

Ronon was being a smart alec in his mission report!
                  Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                    Ronon was being a smart alec in his mission report!
                    Sometimes I wonder.....

This is the same guy who started banging on the controls of the Daedalus when he couldn't get it to fire they way he wanted it to.
                    sigpic

Comment

What? you never beat the crap out of a vending machine when it steals your money

Well Rodney calls him Conon for a reason.

Comment

Am I the only one that didn't like the way Michael was killed? Or more specifically, the manner in which Teyla killed him?

Don't get me wrong, Teyla killing him was poetic justice and needed to happen for the sake of the story. But to simply brush his hands off the ledge seems...unworthy of their relationship and history.
                        I was kind of hoping she'd pump some lead in him and then he'd fall over, but that's probably too quick.

But anyway, I'm glad she did it. You really don't mess with Mom.
                        I will rule the world... and find that truly good cup of coffee.

Comment

What an excellent, excellent episode!!!!!
                          All of the good stuff - none of the bad!
                          You go Teyla!
                          We got Shep and McKay back, and every single one of the team had something to do.
                          Lorne and Zelenka, Woolsey and Banks were great. (& baby Torren is adorable) Michael was better than he's ever been.
                          Oh, this is the Atlantis I love, darn it all that it's almost over.

(I won't harsh my mellow by dwelling on why some of the others haven't been or won't be so cool)
                          sigpic

Comment

Don't park the Jumper in front of the Stargate!

It was too obvious.

Comment

I wonder if anyone was in the jumper when it went bye bye?

Comment

Really liked he part when Shepard and Gang were able to re-enter the control tower. Now that's how you clear a room!

Comment

Working...
                                X