This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhoenixKnght86 View Post
    Why did Michael decide in the end to not keep his word when he had Teyla dead to rights? I don't get it.
    Because he's Michael. There need be no other explanation. He was a murderous, sickening tyrant who committed horrendous acts and blamed them on the people who influenced his life rather than to accept he alone committed those acts. Teyla was never going to go with that monster, and she knew Michael wasn't ever going to keep his word. She was stalling for time. Michael paid the consequences.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Off world. Teyla said it in the first ten minutes
      Okay, I must've missed that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
        The only thing that could have made that fall better was if they had taken a note from The Crow and had Michael get impaled on one of the city's lightning rods.
        I personally would of preferred a Tim Burtons 'Batman' movie style ending (the one with Jack Nicholson as the Joker), where he falls, you see the dead body, then there is a voice recording of him saying over and over 'Come with me Teyla' from the voice recorder he could of stole from Ronan. That would be epic.

Comment

Originally posted by The6thRace View Post
          Very nice solid episode. I always like the whole home base invasion scenario. Loved it every time it happened in SG-1. Lots of action and jokes - nothing really too new plotwise other than a major villain being put down.

What was Michaels trophy from Ronan? For a minute there, I thought he was going to cut off his hair and we'd see Ronan with a new haircut.
          His head, I assume.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
            There was absolutely nothing wrong with this episode. At all. I don't care if there are plot holes.
            Not even Michael's lame pseudo-death? That "hanging off the ledge fall to doom" has got to be one of the oldest and most retarded of all the hollywood death paradigms.

Comment

from a fall of that height, he was a puddle of goo with little bits of bone stucking out
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

FCOL! That was NOT the way to end it!! Aargh, I know all things must come to an end, but that was too soon. TPTB have absolutely no clue how to handle the baddies.

Good: What can I say? I’ve been a huge Michael fan since his first appearance, so I was looking forward to this episode as soon as I found out about it.
                Michael-Ronon fight scene was over quickly but proved that the hybrids would doubtlessly rule the galaxy if their numbers were greater. Which is why I couldn’t understand why the Michael-Sheppard lasted so long.
                Rodney proves Jackisms are contagious, FCOL!
                The baby playing Torren was so cute, and I for one and glad they didn’t bump him off.

Spoiler:
                If it had to happen, I guess I’m glad it was Teyla who got to do it; although once again we saw a main character make an action that would usually keep most people awake for at least a few nights. And as always, everyone acts like nothing happened. *sigh*

Bad:The end! The entire thing! Except for maybe the part with Ronon and Woolsey.
                If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt. ~Henry J. Kaiser

Comment

Teyla kicking ass? That woman technician kicked ass! (don't know her name)

Comment

Because he's Michael. There need be no other explanation. He was a murderous, sickening tyrant who committed horrendous acts and blamed them on the people who influenced his life rather than to accept he alone committed those acts. Teyla was never going to go with that monster, and she knew Michael wasn't ever going to keep his word. She was stalling for time. Michael paid the consequences.
                    I disagree that everything Michael did was his fault. The whole reason I began watching Atlantis was because of what we did to Michael and the fact that no one would ever own up to it even when Michael had them all dead to rights.

Michael has been right from the very beginning. All that he has done could have been prevented as long as we hadn't turned him into our test subject. Everything after that has been to stay alive since neither human or wraith would accept him after what we did to him.

Michael is our fault and everything he has done is our fault too.

We created the monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddspecter View Post
                      Teyla kicking ass? That woman technician kicked ass! (don't know her name)
                      The actress's name is Sharon Taylor and her character's name was Banks. And she's a black belt in Karate. This may have brought her back. You may have seen her previously as a female Replicator in First Strike.
                      Last edited by rarocks24; 07 November 2008, 06:22 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

Woolsey in sickbay reminded me of the 'The Doctor' or EMH. Woolsey should never be in the medical bay to avoid confusion.

Comment

Great fight scenes! Camillia (sp) Ronon vs Michael, Shep vs Michael, Teyla vs Michael... That was another perfect episode and the perfect way to kill off Michael
                          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I disagree that everything Michael did was his fault. The whole reason I began watching Atlantis was because of what we did to Michael and the fact that no one would ever own up to it even when Michael had them all dead to rights.

Michael has been right from the very beginning. All that he has done could have been prevented as long as we hadn't turned him into our test subject. Everything after that has been to stay alive since neither human or wraith would accept him after what we did to him.

Michael is our fault and everything he has done is our fault too.

We created the monster.
                            Sorry, Michael is a being with free will. In the eyes of the law, the consequences of what we did to Michael were not foreseeable. We can be charged with performing unethical experiments on him, yes. But he ultimately of his own free will poisoned tens of thousands of humans, wiped out the Taranians, and experimented on other humans. If we were to charge Atlantis for what Michael did, we might as well charge the parents of murderers for what their children did.

There's a certain level of accountability. Michael wasn't doing something to survive, he was doing something out of revenge and power lust.

Comment

The actress's name is Sharon Taylor and her character's name was Bates. And she's a black belt in Karate. This may have brought her back. You may have seen her previously as a female Replicator in First Strike.
                              Banks*

Comment

Excellent episode. The last act alone was enough to convince me as this being one of the best eps of the season. A one on one face off with Sheppard and Michael on the outside of the city. The episode exceded my expactations. Michael was killed in a very very powerful dramatic way, unlike........*cough* Kolya *Cough*.

I know the Teyla fans are going to be happy with this episode.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X