Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently Sheppard is not the only one capable of morally questionable acts. Go Teyla
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Apparently Sheppard is not the only one capable of morally questionable acts. Go Teyla
      She certainly isn't going to lose any sleep over it.

I wonder what's going to happen to Michael's hybrids now that he's dead...
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
        She certainly isn't going to lose any sleep over it. I wonder what's going to happen to Michael's hybrids now that he's dead...
        What happen when you kill any tyrant?

Someone rises to power and takes over.
        Last edited by jelgate; 07 November 2008, 07:08 PM.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by sae1969 View Post
          I would say in this situation that the fall was a convenient plot device. The real drama was whether Teyla would deliberately ensure that Michael would plunge to his death or exercise mercy and save him. A fall from such heights is so much more dramatic in this case!!
          It's effect on me is null. Teyla's decision to to push him off was also as predictable as the ocean tides. I found no drama here.

Comment

Originally posted by Biokinetica View Post
            It's effect on me is null. Teyla's decision to to push him off was also as predictable as the ocean tides. I found no drama here.
            Yes, it was very predictable. That's what made it so exciting. You knew, then and there, it was over. And those few seconds of hesitation, before she actually did it.

Epic.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Man, Banks kicks ass!

And what I really liked about this was that Sheppard actually used the suggestion I was coming up with while watching. I kept saying "Use one of the Jumpers in the Underwater Jumper Bay." And he did.

I called it!
              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                Yes, it was very predictable. That's what made it so exciting. You knew, then and there, it was over. And those few seconds of hesitation, before she actually did it.

Epic.
                Personally, I knew Michael wasn't getting out of this one for sure when he stepped outside way up there like that. I knew it would be his last stand.

Great episode, pretty much from start to finish.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Personally, I knew Michael wasn't getting out of this one for sure when he stepped outside way up there like that. I knew it would be his last stand.

Great episode, pretty much from start to finish.
                  At that point I knew it also. I loved how Sheppard went after him and Teyla followed. It was just done very well for my taste. The music/score was also perfect. I hope this episode gets rated high. It deserves it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                    Man, Banks kicks ass!

And what I really liked about this was that Sheppard actually used the suggestion I was coming up with while watching. I kept saying "Use one of the Jumpers in the Underwater Jumper Bay." And he did.

I called it!
                    Same here! The underwater jumper bay immediately sprang to mind. And surprise, surprise, they actually used it! Normally they forget things like the underwater jumper bay.

I also have to say I loved Michael in this episode. Those outbursts he had with Teyla really showed just how affected his civilized demeanor was. A mask that he put on to appear reasonable, which cracked whenever he became extremely angry. And on a totally unphilosophical note, I LOVED the fight scenes! Ronan Vs. Michael was much more intense than I thought it'd be. And truly nothing against Ronan intended, but it was nice to see him actually lose a fight. For the longest time, you knew he'd beat the tar out of anyone he went up against, and it was actually surprising, not to mention realistic, to see him lose. You almost never see a villain defeat one of the heroes in a knock-down-drag-out fight, then it happened again with Shepard. Also, the fights were excellently choreographed; it truly looked like both fighters in each battle gave everything they had, no "Oh come on!" moments I could see.

On a separate note, it was also actually pretty cool to see Shepard do as well, if not better, than Ronan, in a hand to hand fight. In these later seasons, they've considerably dumbed down Shepard's combat skills, instead allowing Ronan to do most of the major fighting. I find myself missing the Shepard from "The Storm" who took out sixty men, all by himself, and this episode gave him back some of his former glory. All in all, I actually really liked this episode; it had good philosophical, "meaning of life" stuff, as Daniel would put it, humor, a pretty good plot, and awesome fight scenes. Definitely a good episode.

Comment

My only problem with this episode is that he should have never been able to get to atlantis.

1.) The controls on the PJ are ATA

2.) Shouldn't atlantis detect a pulse of energy in the gate room and automatically respond kind of like what was done in Hot Zone

3.) (to beat a dead horse) The controls on the PJ are ATA

4.) How the hell did he get an iris code? It's not likely that ppl would give the code away.

5.) Why didnt the team that was captured and gave info to him give him a phony iris code that would make atlantis base raise the shield like in Forsaken with jonas and the chick.

Best Stargate quote:
                      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
                      Green is your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post
                        My only problem with this episode is that he should have never been able to get to atlantis.

1.) The controls on the PJ are ATA
                        Michael had a clone of Carson Beckett in his posession for 2 years. Carson not only has the ATA gene, but pioneered the gene therapy to give others the ATA gene. He no doubt forced Carson to give him the gene, or made his own version of the gene therapy using the gene from Carson's biology. It's pretty likely that he gave all the Hybrids the gene.
                        "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                        "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                        BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          At that point I knew it also. I loved how Sheppard went after him and Teyla followed. It was just done very well for my taste. The music/score was also perfect. I hope this episode gets rated high. It deserves it.
                          You know I totally agree with that.

It was great to see Shep go up against Michael like that. But Teyla had to end it. It just seemed right.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by freyr's mother View Post

5.) Why didnt the team that was captured and gave info to him give him a phony iris code that would make atlantis base raise the shield like in Forsaken with jonas and the chick.
                            As Kolya would say, "with the time tested combination of strong drink and weak minds." Or in this case, torture and weak minds. That's the only answer I can reasonably think of, though it is obviously not the best. I guess that team really needs a new leader...

Oops...actually responding to pt. 4 of your post, (grins sheepishly)...

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman View Post
                              Michael had a clone of Carson Beckett in his posession for 2 years. Carson not only has the ATA gene, but pioneered the gene therapy to give others the ATA gene. He no doubt forced Carson to give him the gene, or made his own version of the gene therapy using the gene from Carson's biology. It's pretty likely that he gave all the Hybrids the gene.
                              Michael has always been a step ahead of Atlantis with using their own technology against them. He is no dummy.
                              sigpic

Comment

Great Episode!!!! Connor Trineer is awesome as usual.
                                TEYLA!!!! She's back.... you go girl. Nice to see her save John's butt
                                for once. Ronan & Woolsey - great! Banks - my new favorite female on
                                Atlantis. One of the best episodes!!!
                                sigpic
                                Sig made by Cazzblade! Thanks!
                                Forever!!

Comment

Working...
                                X