Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this has to be the best episode of season 5 sofar. The alien baddies looked cool and that ship was pretty decent looking.
    sigpic
    "Oh, okay, well, it's official... You don't get to name anything. Ever."

Comment

I really enjoyed this episoide. I ma so happy to see that Atlantis is finally getting some Aliens in the mix (apart from the Wraith that is), since being in another Galaxy you would think more would of shown up by now? Hopefully this is a foreshadowing towards them latter appearing in are Universe. I also hope that these new Aliens are actually true aliens, not some kind of horrible mistake gone wrong like the Wraith or Reps.

Also I really liked their ships and technology.
      sigpic
      Banner Made By Me for Me
      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Great episode. Not quite enough details to satisfy the nerd in me, but I really enjoyed it none-the-less.

Comment

Originally posted by grime View Post
          maybe torren will accidentally activate an ancient device that ages him into a teenager?
          Lose ten years of your childs life...Sounds like a mothers worse nightmare.

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
          adult!Torren/Keller ftw!

I'll be going now.

I do not understand

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
            I do not understand
            Sometimes it's best not to.

Comment

I watched this late last night, and maybe I was tired, but the whole thing lacked charisma and weight. I mean, not only is the story cobbled together from several prominent SG-1 episodes, but it was also scientifically unsound. Or perhaps the show has always been this way and I've only had the epiphany now.

Is this not the umpteenth time that McKay detects an energy anomaly that the team must investigate? I mean geez Louise can the writers try to mix it up a bit?

The Earth ship design is getting boring, and a closer look at some of the designs begs the question "what were they thinking?!" For instance, the exterior hull is studded with random rectangular plates that just look extraneous and dorky. We have yet to see a ship with smooth, curved exteriors that do away with the unsightly warts that plague the Earth vessels. Also, the interior... very messy and sterile. Why not inject some artistic design and colour? If they don't change it soon, then the look is not going to age well when looking back in several years.

Some of the exterior shots of Daedalus show it moving at sublight speed with engines roaring but the scenes are of the ship idle and without thrust. Come on, that's just sloppy editing.

Sheppard, Teyla, and Ronon's value on the team is not equal or even close to being the same as that of McKay. Often times they seem superfluous or just plain useless when put next to Rodney the purported genius.

OK, ranting over... now for the best bits: the soundtrack, paying homage to Jerry Goldsmith's Alien score in parts sent shivers down my spine... um, that's all, the rest was bleh.

As for the new bad guys, boooooo! What a bore. UNLESS, the chip in their heads was a control mechanism used by the real race behind the attack on Atlantis, whom we have yet to see. For me, appearance is everything. I want aliens who look like the creations of del Toro in Pan's Labyrinth and the Hellboy series, no more of these wild, rabid, but technologically brilliant green men. SHAKE IT UP! Stop flogging the old and start coming up with some new, a race who not only looks/speaks/behaves different, but isn't constrained by simplistic drone-warrior-leader hierarchy.

I said I'd give the show 5 episodes to inspire me to watch the rest. With one more to go, I'm losing hope of experiencing that sense of momentum.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post

Some of the exterior shots of Daedalus show it moving at sublight speed with engines roaring but the scenes are of the ship idle and without thrust. Come on, that's just sloppy editing.
                Wait. When did this happen?

Sheppard, Teyla, and Ronon's value on the team is not equal or even close to being the same as that of McKay. Often times they seem superfluous or just plain useless when put next to Rodney the purported genius.
                Of course they're going to be "useless" when dealing with scientific matters. That's the whole point of Rodney's existence!

Comment

Originally posted by HyperCaz View Post
                  It's probably never a good idea to use any variation of a Holly Hop Drive. Good thing they didn't meet the gender bender universe.

Ahem. I liked it, even if it was a bit dull. And the end with Rodney and the baby = just too cute. I squeed.
                  *snort*

Now THAT would have been different!!
                  "Prepare to meet your DOOM."

"It's not about making money, it's about taking money. Destroying the status quo, because the status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to...rule it."

GADZOOKS

Comment

Loved the episode, epsecially because it's the first one of the season I've gotten a chance to watch. Looking forward to the rest(and also the first three come the first part of September!).
                    It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                    --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

This was a really solid, good old TEAM ep that I liked very much.

Lots of funny parts - Ronon banging the buttons (Ah, he is so adorable) And no, they don't make him out as less intelligent because of it. He is good of what he does best, as is the rest of the team. Nice to see Teyla turning all tech nerd though.
                      Shep talking about himself to himself LOL!

Lorne in charge, YES. So perfect. I don't mind Woolsey (can't be compared with Weir though), but Lorne, perfect choice!

Nice scenes between Ronon and Teyla and Rodney/Teyla in the end at the infirmary. Love to see Teyla as a mother, as a B-story now and then, seeing she is not the leading lady anymore (Some doctor from hell is about to take that position).

Great fighting scenes, more Ronon whump couldn't have "hurt" though
                      New gun, interesting to see if that will be around?
                      New enemies about time, though I would have prefered if they would have spoken, at least something, and not in english. Having their own language.

So overall, the fact that it was the TEAM + Zelenka and Lorne, and NO KELLER, it's A+ from me!!
                      Spoiler:

Comment

<quote> Some of the exterior shots of Daedalus show it moving at sublight speed with engines roaring but the scenes are of the ship idle and without thrust. Come on, that's just sloppy editing. </quote>

they are in space there is no resistance to movement wich means that once they start moveing theres no stopping without first finding a force to couter said movement. that is why explorations to other planets ARE posible aside from the obvious limitations on the time in which human astronaughts can survive once your up to speed you dont need any more fuel to keep moveing just to keep you on course and get you back.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          And I'm caught up with Atlantis season 5....

Just watched this and I have to say - This is the weakest episode of the first 4.

It's boring, and as far as fillers go... Weak! Very weak!
                          Boring?How can an ep filled with action be boring?

They obviously spend all their money on CG, trying their very best to imitate the dogfights between Vipers and Raiders. Yet they fail in that regard. Nothing beats a good dogfight between a Viper and a Cylon Raider.
                          I disagree. The battles were far better than the ones on BSG though I admit I'm biased since I hate BSG with a passion.

GOOD

* Rodney - he made me giggle exactly 3 times

* Teyla getting to show off her intelligence. A warrior, a leader and intelligent. Kanaan is a lucky man. And I kinda like that worried edge around her, where she seems constantly afraid she won't return to Torren. It gives her more depth as a character, to me anyway.

* Sheppard complementing himself.

* Ronon trying to figure out the weapons-system - when all else fails, hit the keyboard!

* Rodney getting to hold Torren in the end, even after he dropped him. And if there's one person who would drop him, I knew it would be him. Typically Rodney!

* Teyla and Ronon talking, while looking for supplies. Sweet!

* Lorne in command of Atlantis
                          Those were some of the highlights but far from the only ones.

BAD

* "We are the Borg! Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!" *insert drone-like voice* - dumb, dumb, dumb - I like aliens that don't look like any other human being on the planet but these were just plain stupid. A poor copy of the borg with no other purpose than to bring some action into the whole "Daedalus Adventure" *yawn*
                          Cause we'll probably never hear of these hulk wannabe's ever again.
                          I really don't get this comparison they look nothing like the Borg.

* The story - there was no depth, no deeper meaning, no substance. It felt like it was written between the main course and dessert.
                          Again I disagree.

I gave it a 3 on the GW scale - I hate mindless popcorn entertainment.
                          I don't. *points to Die Hard, Leathal Weapon, and Robocop colection*

Edit: it seems I need to lower my standards (yes, they are extremely high - quality is important for me), or change them drastically. Either that, or I have been watching a different episode.
                          As long as you realize that standards very from person to person. One persons crap is another's potpourri.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            I really don't get this comparison they look nothing like the Borg.
                            I don't see the comparison either. I thought the Borg had a bunch of wires and metal plates over their heads.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                              I don't see the comparison either. I thought the Borg had a bunch of wires and metal plates over their heads.
                              Yes, they do. And the Borg are a collective species, which these guys weren't - from what I saw.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                              O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Lenas View Post
                                Nice scenes between Ronon and Teyla and Rodney/Teyla in the end at the infirmary. Love to see Teyla as a mother, as a B-story now and then, seeing she is not the leading lady anymore (Some doctor from hell is about to take that position).
                                Hate to break it to ya but she was never leading lady And by the looks of it she never will be
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X